• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'From the New World' Sci-Fi Anime's 3rd Promo Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danilo07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:12 am Reply with quote
It was astonishing until someone decided to put that generic song in the middle of it.Seriously it didn't correspond with most of those beautiful pictures at all!
Pangea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:41 am Reply with quote
Why can't it be october soon?! so many awesome anime series are coming :3
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:49 am Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
It was astonishing until someone decided to put that generic song in the middle of it.Seriously it didn't correspond with most of those beautiful pictures at all!

I actually felt the opposite. It looked pretty boring and too full of serious stuff until the new music started, then it seemed better with more lighthearted stuff going on.

I'll give it a try but my hopes aren't too high. Doesn't seem like the type of show I'd like... too many weird and creepy things in that first half of that PV.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:57 am Reply with quote
Why bother telling the story in three parts: when the characters are 12, 14 and 26 years old? From an anime perspective, the characters aren't going to look any different at 14 then they were at 12, so I'm not sure I see the point.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:08 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Why bother telling the story in three parts: when the characters are 12, 14 and 26 years old? From an anime perspective, the characters aren't going to look any different at 14 then they were at 12, so I'm not sure I see the point.

because that's the big life changing event for them at that time. it has nothing to do with the character looks lol
danilo07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:08 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

Well their characters might look same,but I am guessing their personalities will radically change.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:09 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

12-
14 -

They grow up fast in those years.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:42 am Reply with quote
Laughing I stand erected--er, I mean, corrected.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:54 am Reply with quote
Man I can't wait for October.

Those visuals really feel almost movie-like in style and coloring.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quote
A-1 Pictures? Great. *groaaan*

Guess we can all look forward to another sub-only / bluray-only release from Aniplex that'll cost you your soul, your firstborn, and your left testicle. Rolling Eyes
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:39 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
A-1 Pictures? Great. *groaaan*

Guess we can all look forward to another sub-only / bluray-only release from Aniplex that'll cost you your soul, your firstborn, and your left testicle. Rolling Eyes

You're acting like Aniplex is going to release this here directly for $400, like Fate/Zero. Um, which A-1 title as Aniplex released here, again? Oh, right, Blue Exorciste. And that was DVD only. I can't think of any other A-1 titles released by Aniplex USA.

About half oft A-1 Pictures titles have been released in R1 by NISA, and the other half are roughly evenly divided among Funi, Sentai, Nozomi, and Bandai, I think. Sure, the NISA ones were all sub-only, but most were BD/DVD combo sets along with one or two DVD-only titles.

Neither the NISA sets nor the one A-1 Pictures title release by Aniplex are remotely close to the obscene prices of Fate/Zero, which is clearly what you're referring to with those soul/firstborn comments.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Oh god, I'm hype as shit for this. Let's hope this show is as twisted and f*cked up as the beginning of the PV was.
Galap

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:19 am Reply with quote
This is the only upcoming thing that interests me. It's doing a lot of great things visually, and with the music (some of it), and I really like the very menacing tone it has.

A plus is that judging from some of the animation, it looks like Shingo Yamashita might be involved, which is a plus for me and other fans of him.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:14 am Reply with quote
At first, it seemed like Escaflowne........................

RyanSaotome wrote:
Blood- wrote:

12-
14 -

They grow up fast in those years.

Y'know what they say makes them "grow fast" right? Laughing
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Blood- wrote:

because that's the big life changing event for them at that time. it has nothing to do with the character looks lol

Well said.

I'm getting very excited for this series. The premise, the artwork, and those behind it, all of it is quite promising.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2