• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Anime-Related Figures Thread.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fedpo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:47 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I've lost all faith in humanity.

NOT. SAFE. FOR. WORK. Especially if you work at an animal shelter.

Considering everyone's reactions, I'm actually a little disappointed that the link doesn't work for me. My imagination is running wild... Embarassed
superdry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:53 pm Reply with quote
DavidShallcross wrote:
And now, Japan Post has no news, but USPS has it as passing through sort in New York City, only three days after the last report from Tokyo, only a total of five days after I placed the order. It looks like Rorona may get here in under two weeks total. (If US Customs is expeditious.)

Always use USPS for tracking since Japanpost tracking doesn't always reflect where is the package once it arrives in the US. I have no clue what class mail SAL is considered once it arrives in the US - is still considered part of bulk mail or first class?
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
DavidShallcross wrote:
And now, Japan Post has no news, but USPS has it as passing through sort in New York City, only three days after the last report from Tokyo, only a total of five days after I placed the order. It looks like Rorona may get here in under two weeks total. (If US Customs is expeditious.)

Always use USPS for tracking since Japanpost tracking doesn't always reflect where is the package once it arrives in the US. I have no clue what class mail SAL is considered once it arrives in the US - is still considered part of bulk mail or first class?

Could be first class but then again I could be wrong.

SAL has been iffy for me at times. I've gotten things quicker than I though I would and other times it's been a bit longer. My last order shipped from AmiAmi was two weeks ago August 30th. I got the item 8 days later on September 7th. I figured it would have been longer because of Labor Day.

I've also gotten stuff in 6 days from SAL. I really use EMS I've used it like 3 times now and my next order I had to change to EMS since I would to have it in my hands before the first Friday of October.

[quote="Fedpo"]
The King of Harts wrote:
I've lost all faith in humanity.

NOT. SAFE. FOR. WORK. Especially if you work at an animal shelter.

I get an error message trying to view it. I feel bad now that I waited since I didn't get to see it. I was really curious as to what it was.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
superdry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:37 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:

Could be first class but then again I could be wrong.

SAL has been iffy for me at times. I've gotten things quicker than I though I would and other times it's been a bit longer. My last order shipped from AmiAmi was two weeks ago August 30th. I got the item 8 days later on September 7th. I figured it would have been longer because of Labor Day.

I've also gotten stuff in 6 days from SAL. I really use EMS I've used it like 3 times now and my next order I had to change to EMS since I would to have it in my hands before the first Friday of October.

That's what I wonder now...what class mail is SAL considered once it reaches the country you live in. First class would be nice.

Whenver I used regular SAL, it takes like 2.5 weeks, but I've never used registered SAL (takes shorter time?). I pretty much used EMS exclusively since it's so quick unless I'm ordering a bunch of books/magazines (usually, I'll turn to Amazon and add a lot so the shipping cost per item is low).
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:09 pm Reply with quote
While I don't collect anime figures myself, mainly due to lack of funds, I do find them interesting and thus try to check this thread when I remember to. And thus, I have a burning question: just what is this "sudsy Hinako" figure Blood- keeps mentioning? Also, Blood-, now that you finally have the figure, what are your hands on impre--.... errr... what are your impressions of it? Very Happy
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Sudsy Hinako

I love her. She comes with five separate strands of suds, but I could only figure out where four of them go. I think one is supposed to hang down the front of the bucket from the general direction of her Holy of Holies, but for the life of me I can't figure out how it is supposed to be attached to the bucket.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:52 am Reply with quote
So it seems there's a new line of figures called "Cu-poche" coming out(here's their first figure). They seem to be going for the Nendoroid style, but taller to allow for heavy articulation. This could potentially be very interesting, especially if the magnets can be abused to stick it on a fridge.

Actually, that could possibly be a good selling point - "I love figures but I've run out of places to put them!" "Not if you've got a fridge you haven't!".
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Been staying away from this thread as I am poor right now. However after clicking on some of your links I found 2 figures I want bad.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-5654
This figure simply caught my eye. I love the coloring and detail work. Just a nice figure.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-2021
This one....yea just for pleasure lol. Always had a thing for the whole secretary/teacher look. Yes sir.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:04 pm Reply with quote
warden13 wrote:
Don't get your hopes up too high, SAL shipping can be really unpredictable. I had a package pass through NY on Aug 31st and was just delivered today. I also had two packages arrive in the US before two other packages yet the two late packages were the first to be delivered.

Yeah, Rorona has been in New York for a week now.

And on the eighth day, tracking says she's out of New York, and in New Hampshire, of all places. (I don't live in New England.)
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:37 am Reply with quote
I've been so lazy about unboxing stuff lately.

So like a month ago I got Tiger & Bunny - Keith Goodman Figuarts Zero from Big in Japan:

He comes with a swappable arm w/bouquet and hand with a single rose.

...And about 2 weeks ago I got Tiger & Bunny - Ivan Karelin Figuarts Zero (also from BiJ):

He comes with an alternate smiling face but I prefer him scowling.

(He's really pretty. In fact, I keep thinking he looks like Heartbreaker-era G-Dragon if you tousled his hair a bit, so I'm extra-happy with him...)

And last but not least from HobbySearch, the Tiger & Bunny Styling set of 4 (visors down & visors up):

Their bases slide neatly into one another (ahem) so they can stand back to back on their sponsor's logo.

Yesterday I got a sizeable box from AmiAmi too, so I'll have something for next week (assuming I don't put it off for a month or something).

Last edited by poonk on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
warden13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Some recent figures which have caught my eye:

Ikaruga from the game and upcoming anime Senran Kagura. Not the most striking figure visually but she'll be a good companion for Hibari who I already have on preorder, and for whatever reason I taken a liking to this francise.

I was mildly interested in this Kirino Kousaka from Kotobukiya, but she sold out in only 2-3 days after she was listed a week or two ago. Didn't realize Kirino was THAT popular. Shocked

Then, there is this Nendoroid Petite TYPE-MOON Collection Box. A decent way to get some figures of lesser characters who may not get a scaled figure or who I may not like enough to want one. Although, 3 Sabers in this box? Just go and make one that's nothing but Saber, already. Rolling Eyes

And finally, this Female Swordsman Bario X Nendoroid from the Monster Hunter games. Not the biggest fan on the games but I really do like the armor designs they come up with.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:47 pm Reply with quote
After about two and a half weeks after placing the order, including a few days when it looked like the local post office had mislaid the package, my Rorona has arrived. Actually a video game-related figure rather than an anime-related figure.

victor viper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
DavidShallcross wrote:
After about two and a half weeks after placing the order, including a few days when it looked like the local post office had mislaid the package, my Rorona has arrived.

I got her not long ago when AmiAmi restocked her and she's become one of my favorite figures. All the details on the figure are really well done (like the detailing on her hat, the clear parts on her staff and necklace, and the fact that the flasks on her belt actually can be moved around). I'm hoping that Megahouse will eventually do a Meruru; I have Rorona displayed next to Phat's Totori, and Megahouse wins this contest hands down in terms of quality.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:38 am Reply with quote
Goddammit, Alter!

They keep delaying their figures, which keeps mucking up my orders. First, Kneesocks was delayed twice, which kept dragging out my Anaru Beach Queen and BRS Figma. Then since Kneesocks was delayed into early September, I decided to go ahead and combine it and my other figures with Stocking and Sena, which were coming out later in the month. Now, Sena recently came in stock, but Stocking has been delayed to late October. fudge it. I'm not waiting another month for any of those figures; Anaru has been available since July. I just asked AmiAmi to split of Stocking and combine it with my order for October, which contains another Alter figure, Menma. Their quality better be worth it.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote
I've had many an alter figure go through a few, 2-3, delays in the past myself. In most of my cases it got delayed at the last second as well. I expect it to be shipping and like the day of, or day before, is when they pop up the delayed message. Buggers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 84 of 111