• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Warner, Legendary's Godzilla Remake Slated for May 2014

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:47 am Reply with quote
ok wait godzilla king of the monsters in a remake isn't going to be screened in japan and why isn't this being explained?
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:06 am Reply with quote
MagusGuardian wrote:
ok wait godzilla king of the monsters in a remake isn't going to be screened in japan and why isn't this being explained?

It will be screened in Japan, but with Toho distributing instead of Warner.
Mogtaki

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:59 am Reply with quote
Warner of Japan tends to be a bit more independent than Warner of America, so no worries, it will be distributed through them mentioned above ^

It's good that they do that, especially when Japan tends to have a distaste towards American films quite a lot.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:57 am Reply with quote
Mogtaki wrote:

It's good that they do that, especially when Japan tends to have a distaste towards American films quite a lot.
What?

Man they dislike American movies so much that they make up most of the top grossing ones.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:13 am Reply with quote
I wonder why WB would take an interest in helping reviving the franchise. I expected that it was going to happen at some point in time but didn't expect WB to be involved. Well, hopefully it won't look like that damn giant iguana. Gawd that movie sucked.
AilisKnil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:19 am Reply with quote
oblivious247

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
I wonder why WB would take an interest in helping reviving the franchise. I expected that it was going to happen at some point in time but didn't expect WB to be involved. Well, hopefully it won't look like that damn giant iguana. Gawd that movie sucked.

I actually liked the design of American Godzilla. But agreed the movie sucked.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:01 pm Reply with quote
oblivious247 wrote:
] But agreed the movie sucked.

But the movie did give us the awesome animated series!

Whether or not that putting up with the movie was a good thing for just the show though....

I don't know.
Relairknight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:52 am Reply with quote
YES! Cannot wait to see this movie. I didn't even hate the 98 Godzilla once I stopped thinking of it as a 'Godzilla' movie and more just a big budget monster movie. With the track record of Legendary pictures though I'm confident they're going to do this right.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote
So this movie will be released on the same date as Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles? Judging by how negative the script for that was, it's all the more easier for everyone to be easily rooting for Godzilla although shouldn't Godzilla move to a more closer date to the 60th anniversary and have it out by November/December where there is less competition?

Regardless, bring me some old school giant monster mayhem!
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Looks very promising, I'm glad to see Godzilla is closer to his Japanese incarnation.

Quote:
I actually liked the design of American Godzilla. But agreed the movie sucked.

I liked the movie and it's premise, but I didn't like the design of the American Godzilla. WB and Legendary got it right with Godzilla's design being closer to it's original Japanese counterpart. At least he's not some giant iguana like the other guy said.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1