• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Best Anime to watch?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dynastyhunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quote
i didn't think hayate was gonna be to great, but then i saw the first episode i think it was enjoyable and have higher expectations now, and nura was good, i think it had more potenial and could have been better, but i think hayate is gonna be better just from the first episode,but you never know
DeathNote_L

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:47 am Reply with quote
Smile YAY the other day i bought my first manga (okay, tht makes me sound really lame but i don't really read manga so it is exciting for me!!) and it is called Are you Alice? i was woundering if anyone knows if it is also an anime or is going to be an anime?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:36 am Reply with quote
I think I heard that name today, *goes through things* oh yes I read it an edition of Anime Update that I came across while cleaning, whoa this is from over a year ago.

I think I got the title recommended to me when I was talking to someone about Pandora Hearts, apparently some similarities. Actually it tends to grab my attention every time I go to a Game Traders, but I get distracted by other things, and if I collect a series, I like to be able to collect a lot of it, so I tend to be a bit wary about buying series I know nothing about. So the only ones I activly collect are hayate, Rosario vampire, Hellsing, Chibi Vampire and Yotsuba&!.

I can not find anything about an anime, but if it is like Pandora Hearts, you could look at that as well.
dynastyhunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:50 pm Reply with quote
DeathNote_L wrote:
Smile YAY the other day i bought my first manga (okay, tht makes me sound really lame but i don't really read manga so it is exciting for me!!) and it is called Are you Alice? i was woundering if anyone knows if it is also an anime or is going to be an anime?

u can just search for it on here or any other sites, it takes like 5 seconds haha.

oh and hinagiku is my favorite... im doughting it but routing for her, please dont ruin it for me if you already know the ending. i also found a plot hole in hayate, you might not consider this a plot hole but its just something i noticed, dont know if u noticed it too but the series starts on christmas. then later during the next christmas they all are still the same age. nagi is 13, maria is 17, and hayate is still 16. only birthday I've seen is hinagiku's and that was just before where i am in the series.

question: did the anime get cut and the manga ongoing or something, my friend that reads a lot of manga told me that it is but i was like wow there is like 25 episodes and that hasn't changed for weeks.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:07 pm Reply with quote
dynastyhunter wrote:
oh and hinagiku is my favorite... im doughting it but routing for her, please don't ruin it for me if you already know the ending. i also found a plot hole in hayate, you might not consider this a plot hole but its just something i noticed, don't know if u noticed it too but the series starts on christmas. then later during the next christmas they all are still the same age. nagi is 13, maria is 17, and hayate is still 16. only birthday I've seen is hinagiku's and that was just before where i am in the series.

question: did the anime get cut and the manga ongoing or something, my friend that reads a lot of manga told me that it is but i was like wow there is like 25 episodes and that hasn't changed for weeks.
Hayate's first season is largely anime only, or the order of things are done with a different order. So as a year past in the 52 episodes, it was only a few months at most until it reaches the race of the second season, it does not make sense, and the show actually acknowledges it so you should not let it bother you too much. Rule of funny wins over like it normally does.

And there is another season coming in the next core (a few more weeks), I am looking forward to seeing Hayate and Hina's "date" animated.
DeathNote_L

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:36 am Reply with quote
i think i will check out Pandora Hearts, even though i don't know what it is about but it sounds cool.
dynastyhunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:41 am Reply with quote
Quote:
And there is another season coming in the next core (a few more weeks), I am looking forward to seeing Hayate and Hina's "date" animated.

i feel so lazy, the only reason why i was typing hina's full name was because i was too lazy to use a '. wow.

im only just over half way done the second season so im basically up to date with the anime. but i like manga more than i use too so im gonna read where the anime leaves off.

2 more things
i started 2 new animes and they're really good so far but just started. they're called arcana famiglia anime#14041 and Natsuyuki Rendezvousanime#14198

and...

i think hina is my 3rd fav girl anime character,2nd- makise kurisu from steins gate, 1ST: Erza Scarlet (Titania) from Fairy Tail ( as my picture suggests) just Erza happens to be my fav anime character of all time.
DeathNote_L

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:46 am Reply with quote
Smile i was going to buy Fairy Tail 1,2,3 and 4 but it costed heaps so next time i am in that shop i think i might get it. it is very highly praised and seems like it would be awesome!!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:17 am Reply with quote
Yeah Fairy Tail is rather expensive, but I am a big fan of the series.

I do hope they continue to dub it, but I still watch online anyway. You mentioned Erza being your favourite character dynastyhunter, I am a big fan of her as well , but she comes just second to Mirajane.
DeathNote_L

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Sad i went and check out the game traders where i lived and must addmit it was terrible! they did not have any good anime that i liked or wanted to see, not even Fairy Tail. sure they had a few Death Note stuff but thats aout it and the manga was worse they only had a few and it was al volums 3-7 nothing else so there was no point in getting anything Sad it was really sad, i had my hopes up
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:01 pm Reply with quote
There is a variance between the Game Traders stores, some can be better than others. I usually shop in the Macarthur Square store, but was very happy when I visited the Parramatta store, I technically did not get anything (except cards) but I was very happy with the selection.

Also for anime, do not underestimate some JB Hi-Fi stores for anime, I come across some that tend to have things like collections of Ah My Goddess and such.
DeathNote_L

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:56 pm Reply with quote
JB HI-FI Stores are awesome, if you know what your looking for other then that it is really annoying to find anime and also if you order stuff in it takes ages.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4