• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Figma Princess of the Crystal

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Boy, this looks nice. I've been debating for while whether I want the Figma, the 1/8 from GSC, or the prize from SEGA. I think static figures are nice, especially SEGAs for a prize figure, but I think this character demands articulation. My wallet is booked through December, so I won't get this year, but I'll try to grab next year when things are less hectic.

I do know one thing, though: I'm never touching the one Kotobukiya made. I was so disappointed when I saw the painted version.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Mine should be here any day now along with Leonmitchelli. This one really looks spot on, they even seem to have gotten the paint nice and clean. Max Factory has really been making some amazing figma lately, the ones scheduled for release this month are especially looking good.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Looks great. The Princess of the Crystal I bought at Otakon was the Taito one, which isn't the best-looking one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
cesca07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:02 am Reply with quote
Hi guys! I'm not a figure collector per se, but I've been wanting to get a Nendoroid or Figma for some time now.

Where is the cheapest and easiest way to get them? I want the Yukiko Amagi Nendoroid or Figma, both can be found at Amazon. The nendo for 50.00 and the Figma for like 70.00. I checked Ami Ami and the Figma is just 2500 YEN, but won't tell me the shipping cost or taxes I'll have to pay...what is my best option? Do toys pay taxes? How much are they worth?

Thanks!
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:57 am Reply with quote
I. MUST. BUY. NOW.

She shall go on display at the top of our stairs where I shall sit in front of her worshiping, while wearing an ugly penguin hat, and singing some random 80s Japanese rock song (one I add about kicking butt) to the point my roommates will more than likely get freaked out.

That or hand give her over to my own Krauser III to create who knows what kind of bizarre looking creations. They're gonna Rock Over Japan.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:14 am Reply with quote
cesca07 wrote:
Hi guys! I'm not a figure collector per se, but I've been wanting to get a Nendoroid or Figma for some time now.

Where is the cheapest and easiest way to get them? I want the Yukiko Amagi Nendoroid or Figma, both can be found at Amazon. The nendo for 50.00 and the Figma for like 70.00. I checked Ami Ami and the Figma is just 2500 YEN, but won't tell me the shipping cost or taxes I'll have to pay...what is my best option? Do toys pay taxes? How much are they worth?

Thanks!
Shipping's done by weight and I believe that a Nendo by itself will come out to about 700 grams(a Figma should be about the same, unless there's drastically more accessories). You won't pay any Japanese taxes, but your country may have tariffs on personal imports for them(the US doesn't, don't know about any others). You may also have to pay a foreign transaction fee depending on your bank(though Paypal will do a currency conversion for you and spare you the bank's fee, you'll get a worse rate).
davecabrera
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:11 am Reply with quote
Nendoroid and Figma shipping will usually be in the neighborhood of 1200y, about $15 right now. A small Figma (like Yukiko) will probably come out to $45-50 shipped.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I haven't bought a figure in years, but I want that one. She looks amazing.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:39 pm Reply with quote
I want this figure and I haven't even seen Penguindrum, but I've been meaning to.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:03 pm Reply with quote
davecabrera wrote:
Nendoroid and Figma shipping will usually be in the neighborhood of 1200y, about $15 right now. A small Figma (like Yukiko) will probably come out to $45-50 shipped.

But if you're really cheap or just don't mind waiting two weeks you can go with SAL shipping at usually between 500 and 600yen or between US$6.30 and US$7.60 right now for a regular figma.

figma Yukiko will probably have a total price similar to Chie which cost me 2810yen (2230yen for the figure, 580yen SAL shipping) at AmiAmi or around $36.

Anyway, my figma Princess of the Crystal arrived today! I haven't opened her yet, but the box is huge! Am I wrong that this is the biggest non-exclusive (not packed with a game, book, etc.) figma box to date? It's huge, looks to almost be the same size as the Black Rock Shooter: the Game White Box. Going to have to compare it to K-ON!'s Ritsu's box. Very impressive.

Emerje
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote
www.otacute.com is having a sale on mawaru penguin items
this figure is on sale too
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1