• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NAKAIMO - My Little Sister Is Among Them! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xanas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote
They are really trying to be very tricky on this show, that's pretty obvious at this point. I think it's interesting, but they are sly about trying to give you stuff that would rule people out but then all of a sudden giving new information that breaks the whole theory.

So it's unpredictably predictable...

I think the fanservice has also been great so I have few complaints. I think the quick "attraction" jumps between the characters that's typical of these shows is unfortunately used here, I kind of like the guy to have to try a bit to win some of the people over, but there are no real tsundere here for me. I've actually rewatched a couple of episodes and that's usually a sign that I like something when I'm following quite a bit of different things.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:46 am Reply with quote
Here's one thing I've realized: how do we explain spoiler[the imouto outside the window at the funeral]? spoiler[Was Yuzurina laying the trap early, or did she just get the idea to impersonate his sister(if she is) due to the announcement]? And just what spoiler[is her angle in taking down Shougo]? If she is his sister, then it's clear spoiler[removing him from the running removes the main risk of him marrying her], but what if she isn't?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:23 pm Reply with quote
corporate sabotage, wasn't expecting this. here is what i am thinking: spoiler[Seri and Yuzurina, for what ever reason, are working together. Yuzurina is pretending to be his sister and faked the DNA test with Seri. Yuzu was very obviously shipping Shougo and Miyabi, so somehow they found out she is his sister. By tricking Shougo into thinking he no longer has to worry about finding his sister, Yuzu does her best to play matchmaker, gets the two together, and hello press conference. Undeniable proof that Kumoguro had an illegitimate daughter plus the the fact that the young future president is having an illicit affair with his half sister = massive scandal, and out of the running for next company president ] rather elaborate scheme but it seems plausible.
Xanas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:44 pm Reply with quote
I agree that's the way they seem to be playing things, but I'm not so sure... They are very tricky.
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:12 pm Reply with quote
I still think the real sister will turn out to not be one of the five. The spoiler[redhead who works at Lyrical Sisters, and has a brief solo shot] in the opening song. That is my guess.
Melicans

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:02 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
corporate sabotage, wasn't expecting this. here is what i am thinking: spoiler[Seri and Yuzurina, for what ever reason, are working together. Yuzurina is pretending to be his sister and faked the DNA test with Seri. Yuzu was very obviously shipping Shougo and Miyabi, so somehow they found out she is his sister. By tricking Shougo into thinking he no longer has to worry about finding his sister, Yuzu does her best to play matchmaker, gets the two together, and hello press conference. Undeniable proof that Kumoguro had an illegitimate daughter plus the the fact that the young future president is having an illicit affair with his half sister = massive scandal, and out of the running for next company president ] rather elaborate scheme but it seems plausible.

I have a similar feeling. I still think spoiler[Ikusu] is his real sister. As for my idea on what will happen...

spoiler[The man at the board meeting who Rinka was forced to help because of her engagement with his son? I think he's still deeply involved in this behind the scenes. Yuzurina and Seri are both working together with him; one to pose as Shougo's sister to lower his guard, the other planted in a high place within the business itself.] Remember that Yuzurina picked up a long black hair in the beginning of the episode, which could belong to Konoe or Ikusu. spoiler[I bet that she sent in that hair, happening to be from Shougo's real sister, for the DNA test. Thus while the DNA results are a legitimate match, the people it matches as siblings are not.]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote
forgot about that, nice catch
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:29 pm Reply with quote
The Statement of Shougo Mikadono*

Again I say, I do not know what has become of IMOUTO, though I think--almost hope--that she is in peaceful oblivion, if there be anywhere so blessed a thing. It is true that I have for several years been her brother, and a partial sharer of her terrible tomfoolery. I will not deny, though my memory is uncertain and indistinct, that this witness of yours may have seen us together as she says, in the Mikadono Group's party, walking towards our room, at half past 11 on that awful night. That we bore electric lanterns, spades, and a curious coil of wire with attached instruments, I will even affirm; for these things all played a part in the single hideous scene which remains burned into my shaken recollection. But of what followed, and of the reason I was found alone and dazed on the entrance of the building next morning, I must insist that I know nothing save what I have told you over and over again. You say to me that there is nothing in the building or near it which could form the setting of that frightful episode. I reply that I knew nothing beyond what I saw. Vision or nightmare it may have been--vision or nightmare I fervently hope it was--yet it is all that my mind retains of what took place in those shocking hours after we left the sight of men. And why IMOUTO did not return, she or her shade--or some nameless thing I cannot describe-- alone can tell.

[. . .]

After that was silence. I know not how many interminable eons I sat stupefied; whispering, muttering, calling, screaming into that telephone. Over and over again through those eons I whispered and muttered, called, shouted, and screamed, "IMOUTO! IMOUTO! Answer me--are you there?"

And then there came to me the crowning horror of all--the unbelievable, unthinkable, almost unmentionable thing. I have said that eons seemed to elapse after IMOUTO shrieked forth her last despairing warning, and that only my own cries now broke the hideous silence. But after a while there was a further clicking in the receiver, and I strained my ears to listen. Again I called down, "IMOUTO, are you there?" and in answer heard the thing which has brought this cloud over my mind. I do not try, gentlemen, to account for that thing--that voice--nor can I venture to describe it in detail, since the first words took away my consciousness and created a mental blank which reaches to the time of my awakening in the hospital. Shall I say that the voice was deep; hollow; gelatinous; remote; unearthly; inhuman; disembodied? What shall I say? It was the end of my experience, and is the end of my story. I heard it, and knew no more--heard it as I sat petrified in that unknown cemetery in the hollow, amidst the crumbling stones and the falling tombs, the rank vegetation and the miasmal vapors-- heard it well up from the innermost depths of that damnable open sepulcher as I watched amorphous, necrophagous shadows dance beneath an accursed waning moon.

And this is what it said:

"You fool, IMOUTO is DEAD!"

*An edited version of H.P. Lovecraft's The Statement of Randolph Carter replace Harley Warren with IMOUTO, and Randolph Carter with Shougo Mikadono. The full story can be found in that link.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:57 pm Reply with quote
I just came to say I loved Miyabi's nude scene. How did it avoid getting all steamed out anyway?

What I liked about it is it seemed like, for that situation, she acted like a real girl might act. I don't like the clingy type but it is pretty realistic. I also liked how Shōgo was able to have a conversation with her with her lying on top of him like that.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:51 am Reply with quote
ep.11

spoiler[oh my still wonder if better get both maury's dna & lie detector test for all this?

give shougo dreaming being superhero while saving konoe while yuzu as little girl's hero sidekick only a dream?

give another still miyabi bit hmm, mrs.x doing lots of exhaust works to dig info on the coup, etc.

so yea shougo & konoe visit miyabi then later on shougo dates miyabi to fun time.

yet seem like yuzu seem saying about konoe make a lie yet seem look mrs.x might found something curveball twist.

1eps left wonder last thing to expect hey shougo you got more than one sister?
]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:54 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

So by the end of the episode we find out that Yuzarina spoiler[was an actress in that show our main character liked, I fact the character she played was like the little sister of the character that of the hero. I seem to remember his thoughts of the character relationships brought up earlier. Meaning that it is very likely that Yuzarina is an actress hired to make him have a relationship with his sister, so that they can take the company away, and her attempts to scare him away from Konoe, and get with Miyabi] seems to say everything.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Looks like you are right. im curious to see how everything is gong to be resolved next episode
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:55 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Okay based on the funeral scene, the girl has a small bust, so that narrows it down to the twin tail girl and the witch hat girl. I am going to bet that it is the twin tail girl based on her reactions to when Shougo mentioned only child and marriage.]

Yeah my first prediction turned out to be the correct one. Well that was a pretty anticlimactic ending, most likely because they might make a second season.
hpulley

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:37 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
spoiler[Okay based on the funeral scene, the girl has a small bust, so that narrows it down to the twin tail girl and the witch hat girl. I am going to bet that it is the twin tail girl based on her reactions to when Shougo mentioned only child and marriage.]

Yeah my first prediction turned out to be the correct one. Well that was a pretty anticlimactic ending, most likely because they might make a second season.

OVA coming at least.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:50 am Reply with quote
ep.12

oh my so much take it all in yea like travis touchdown would say " I'm gonna need SHOCK treatment to get over this one!"

spoiler[
so shougo & miyabi take big ice cream & kiss give shougo can't continue yet "yuzu" see the kiss & later busted cause "yuzu" is an actress from toku show that shougo watch as kid.

so yea "yuzu" confess it all give part of coup plan that shougo's mom secretary was doing yea well all that yet she got away.

now all this seem now miyabi is the sister cause confess letter, money, "yuzu" doing, & it was her visit shougo at the funeral.

etc all confess & patch up now everything all fine give now shougo being chased by miyabi, rinka & konoe's creampuffs.
]

end for now til ova coming in.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8