• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam 00 Assistant Director Masaki Kitamura Charged for Massacre Threat

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:52 pm Reply with quote
This is awful news. I was hoping that they could at least find evidence to prove his innocence, but apparently that isn't the case.

I just hope that they at least TRIED to prove him innocence. I've heard stories about just how ruthless the Japanese legal system can be. Sad
RoverTX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Its the same damn thing in the states. They think and IP address is as good as DNA evidence. Send in SWAT and everything.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like somebody needs a GN Particle bath and gain some UNDERSTANDING.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Digimontamerfreak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:49 am Reply with quote
hopefully celelstial being will save the day jk.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:00 am Reply with quote
The fact that he was charged with "interfering with a public official's duties" sounds more like they are charging him with a fake threat, so at least they are acknowledging they couldn't find any (or sufficient) evidence that he actually planned such a thing.

That said, I still say this doesn't pass the "smell test". Where would his motivation be for doing such a thing? One would also have to be rather deficient in knowledge about technology to think this wouldn't be traced back to your IP address. It would be akin to calling a bomb threat to a call center from your home phone.

The optimist in me hopes this is just a smokescreen, that they realize someone probably used his connection, and they are hoping that person will start bragging online about setting him up, and about the police and prosecutor falling for it.
Regannator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:07 pm Reply with quote
:< Something doesn't add up. He writes all of that over the top crap, then just says "I'm completely innocent?"

Sounds more like somebody was impersonating him, or an email or two might've been compromised... Either that, or he's a complete nutter.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
The fact that he was charged with "interfering with a public official's duties" sounds more like they are charging him with a fake threat, so at least they are acknowledging they couldn't find any (or sufficient) evidence that he actually planned such a thing.

That said, I still say this doesn't pass the "smell test". Where would his motivation be for doing such a thing? One would also have to be rather deficient in knowledge about technology to think this wouldn't be traced back to your IP address. It would be akin to calling a bomb threat to a call center from your home phone.

The optimist in me hopes this is just a smokescreen, that they realize someone probably used his connection, and they are hoping that person will start bragging online about setting him up, and about the police and prosecutor falling for it.

Same. And the actual charge is so different from the original which just adds to how none of this passes the "smell test". Totally agree with RoverTX, using IP addresses like this is crazy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1