• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Korean Government to Sponsor Animation Industry

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n2dad4ever

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:57 pm Reply with quote
That's awesome. Recently most Japanese anime series (with notable example of "Elfen Lied") have been drawn by Korean animators, and they have produced a lot of impressive animation quality that is as almost top-notch as Japanese animators for last decades. Very impressive..... In the future, I hope this leads to a great collaboration with Japan and US to make more innovative animations.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
minakichan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:38 pm Reply with quote
yeah, same thing with even american 2d. you watch disney movies now and the credits are all korean...

it's all outsourcing these days. *sigh* so now those young-whippersnappers-who-want-to-grow-up-to-be-underpaid-animators! have another stumbling block.
ChichiriMuyo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Hard to say if this is good or bad. Economically it should be good for Korea, assuming their productions are at least decent, and someone stands to benefit from the gap they leave. The thing is, will the US and Japanese animation studios find someone else to outsource to or will they bring more of the work back to their homelands for lack of qualified people to outsource to?
Cloe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:50 pm Reply with quote
I'd say this news is definitely good. Of the little genuine Korean animation I've seen, the films have carried a sense of calm and delicacy not prevalent in most mainstream animation. It's quite lovely and very refreshing.
Since outsourcing is moving to India anyway, I'd say more serious Korean animation is a very, very good thing. (I actually just really really want another film like My Beautiful Girl Mari...)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:09 pm Reply with quote
As long as it's more like Mari and less like Robot Taekwon V (AKA The Korean Mazinger) we'll be fine.
Proman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:02 pm Reply with quote
While I like the fact that Korea is intending to start producing it's own Korean animation, I never really liked the idea of Japanease outsourcing their anime to other countries. It's not that I think Koran animators are doing a poor job I'm just not happy with this kind of outsourcing.

So, overall, I think this is good news.
n2dad4ever

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I think it's a great idea to use other countries' talents to expand the quality of the anime. Just like making a film, many Hollywood films sometimes are directed by Asian directors or used European actors, staffs, etc... I think it's good that Japanese animators try to break a limited boundary of talents within their country and search for new, fresh talents.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1