• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime-On-Line To Re-launch After Deleting Customer Profiles and Outstanding Orders

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I can only appreciate their efforts but my details were in their care and they didn't protect them sufficiently.

Someone trying to take £1000+ pounds out of my account is not an easy thing to forgive and they as of yet don't seem to have taken proper full responsibility for this being allowed to happen.

For those reasons i wont be renewing my profile with them for along time, if ever.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I have to agree with blaizevincent. So far I'm lucky in that the only phantom transaction is £1.58 (which the bank tells me I won't be able to identify until tomorrow), but I'm not happy with this at all. Especially as they aren't even commenting to say that people's details might have been compromised.

I only really used them for their Deals of the Week anyway. Love Hina and Trigun are the only recent orders I can even remember.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:15 am Reply with quote
Oh good, 3D Secure, that thing that is actauly useless in stoping card fraud.
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:42 am Reply with quote
Someone tried to take £19k out of my account. Fortunately (I guess) I don't have even close to that much in my account so the transaction bounced. Daft fuckers tried it 10 times and it bounced each time. Gotta give the bank credit for catching it straight away and sending me a new card in 2 days.

I also only used them for their Deal of the Week. Only ordered 2 things from them, Chobits and Rozen Maiden,
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1