• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, September 9-15

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:21 pm Reply with quote
After four years Loveless decides to come back to America. I got the volume... I just don't remember what the hell is going on haha.

Isn't Loveless on some sort of hiatus since the creator started another series?
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:50 pm Reply with quote
woo yotsuba&, woo genshiken

really missed genshiken so glad its back
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:06 pm Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:
After four years Loveless decides to come back to America. I got the volume... I just don't remember what the hell is going on haha.

Well, shojo and josei mangas gets worked on slower because they normally do all the work themselves, maybe have one helper. Loveless has 11 volumes so far, and I've looked, she doesn't have any other new series going on.

Kill Me is on hiatus, The Blood Highschool says it's still a working title, and a few discontinued titles. Loveless is the only project she's really working on now.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Glad to see two of my favorite manga on the list again! I'm so glad Yotsuba has became a regular on the New York times best sellers list, it's my first and all time favorite manga, its sooo cute and funny! I've missed reading new chapters of her, now that book 11 year is out I get to read the new chapters! (My friends will also be glad to see that a new book is out because they love her too!) The only reason why it didn't get number one was because it just so happened to have come out the same week as the Classic Sailor Moon and one of the most popular manga in the US, Naruto, but I'm positive that next vollume she'll be number 1! Very Happy
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote
...Yotsuba&! is not due out until the forthcoming Tuesday from now... Curious?
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
...Yotsuba&! is not due out until the forthcoming Tuesday from now... Curious?

Yen Press releases tend to come out whenever they want. Sometimes they come out weeks before the dates listed by Amazon/other sites and sometimes a week later. Yen Press' site never lists an exact date of release, only the month and year.
TronBonne

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:37 pm Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:

I'm not even going to try reading volume 9 yet for that very reason. I just know I'll be thinking, "what the hell is going on here?". Guess I'll re-read my Tokyopop volumes first. Glad to have volume 9 though.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:12 am Reply with quote
Is there any big editing to Yen Press's Yotsuba&! releases?
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I really do need to get around to checking Yotsuba&! out sometime, since I've heard nothing but great things. I didn't realize it was selling quite this well though but it is a very good surprise.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:22 am Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
KENZICHI wrote:

Well, shojo and josei mangas gets worked on slower because they normally do all the work themselves, maybe have one helper. Loveless has 11 volumes so far, and I've looked, she doesn't have any other new series going on.

Kill Me is on hiatus, The Blood Highschool says it's still a working title, and a few discontinued titles. Loveless is the only project she's really working on now.

Thanks for the update. That's a big relief. I got this today and have to go back to remind myself of its story but I think it's worth it.
Not sure yet if I'll re-purchase the other 8 when Viz gets their versions out.

Thankfully this doesn't seem to be another D.N.Angel case. Seriously weighing whether or not I want to sell off my 13 volumes. Rather depressing, so Loveless coming back does my heart good.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:33 am Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
Vata Raven wrote:
KENZICHI wrote:

Thanks for the update. That's a big relief. I got this today and have to go back to remind myself of its story but I think it's worth it.
Not sure yet if I'll re-purchase the other 8 when Viz gets their versions out.

Thankfully this doesn't seem to be another D.N.Angel case. Seriously weighing whether or not I want to sell off my 13 volumes. Rather depressing, so Loveless coming back does my heart good.

I would buy Viz's versions of the older volumes as they come out. People are already saying that Viz already did a much better job with the release then TokyoPop's release. Also, they're in 2-in1 editions, so you get 2 for the price of 1.
holanio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:44 pm Reply with quote
I preordered Yotsuba 11, months in advance 8D
Glad to see it so high up there on the charts. So deserving...
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, I REALLY want to read Loveless but it's like no store carries it. So I was surprised to see it in stores about a week ago. And I'm even more surprised to see it rank here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1