• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I'm sensing a season 2 as well based on episode 12/finale. Overall, I thought the series was a bit lackluster although entertaining at various moments.

I wouldn't mind a Season 2 in the future as this latest episode gives some hints of it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quote
On the one hand it wasn't a good show. On the other, Akatsuki was awesome and the plot is starting to pick up.

If there ever is a second season I might check it out.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:01 pm Reply with quote
definitely not as good as i was hoping it would be. I liked the late arrival plot far more than Akatsuki's bizarre behavior. a second season with more plot wold be nice.
dan7el

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed this show and hope for another season, but I think we can use less focusing on boobs and more focusing on the shounen action and magic/combat.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:46 am Reply with quote
If I disliked Campione! and Demon King Daimao, should I even bother with this show? They seem fairly similar (demon kings/god slayers/superpowers/academy for magic/harems/etc.), so I'm a little hesitant. Not to say I dislike those particular themes outright, but the aforementioned shows were so all over the place that they were difficult to even follow along with, let alone enjoy. They also really piled on the epic cheese and, at times, were rambling mythological infodumps (especially in the midst of battles - which ruined some really good action sequences). If AoaRH at least balances its themes adequately and doesn't pull random characters/battles/information out of its ass at inopportune times, I'd probably give it a shot.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
here's Bamboo's review in Shelf Life

animenewsnetwork.com/shelf-life/2013-12-16
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Bamboo did indeed hate it on a "kill it with fire" level. I thought she'd have more tolerance than that, given the other dreck she's put up with - and even liked - over the years.
Malach

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:41 pm Reply with quote
its bamboos pinion it doesnt matter if she didn't like it all depends on if you like it. you honestly going to base your decisions on someone elses opinion? it just honestly upsets me when people do that. oh and whats this about whole abused women and rape victims and all this? have you ever heard of hentia its literly a fkin genre so really get over that.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:49 pm Reply with quote
he asked for an opinion, and I gave him one. sure, it wasn't mine, but I led him to one. and if that helps him make up his mind, mission accomplished.

And really,

Malach wrote:
oh and whats this about whole abused women and rape victims and all this? have you ever heard of hentia its literly a fkin genre so really get over that.

that's your justification for what went on in a show that is not hentai? that's just dumb
Malach

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:00 am Reply with quote
it is not my justification but where you getting that the show is saying its ok. that shit happens all the time. it has been covered by other animes i am sure of. there areshows prob a lot worse then this one and i think its bullshit it was a decent show a little slow at first but it started to pick up. i saw nothing promoting rape or child molestation. no flashing sigs that say "hey this is ok to do why not try it at home". i dont know if im supposed to watchit and be like "ok pedobear time" but when i watched it i just wanted to watch more episodes i didn't care aboutthe boob grabbing and all the bra snatching. there are people that do that in the real world why is it all of sudden bad in media. i want you to give me a detailed list on how this shows promotesthisor says its ok to do.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4