• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eureka Seven AO's Last 2 Episodes to Air in November

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Kind of a shame it's gonna be so short. It's a pretty confusing anime for a lot of people, based on what I've seen on message boards and chan sites. For that reason, I just assumed it would be longer to explain a lot of the stuff in more detail, but I guess they're not doing that in the end.
Definitely does not hold a candle to the original series. Not even close, unfortunately.
Jetto

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:03 pm Reply with quote
*cue the inevitable series-ending movie to (?maybe?) tie everything together...
Sasukeuzi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:06 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[imma cut someone if they dont show Renton. i swear to god, i dont care how, i dont even care if its a touchy cliche father reuniting with son scene, AS LONG AS I SEE RENTON THIS SERIES WILL BE COMPLETE.]
jl07045

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm okay with that if it means that those two last episodes will be well-animated.

Sasukeuzi wrote:
spoiler[imma cut someone if they don't show Renton. i swear to god, i don't care how, i don't even care if its a touchy cliche father reuniting with son scene, AS LONG AS I SEE RENTON THIS SERIES WILL BE COMPLETE.]

You saw him in the opening. Isn't that enough. Very Happy
kaydub

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping that extra month+ is enough time for someone to figure out how to get this show back on track. It still won't be enough to redeem it, but I'd at least like to see a solid ending that actually makes sense.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Well this sucks wait longer to finishing this
Reibooi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:33 pm Reply with quote
As a fan of the original show and someone who has not watched this one at all(because Funi licensed it I'm just waiting for the physical release). I was wondering how much is Eureka in the show? Does she have a good amount of screen time or is it more of a cameo.

I ask because I liked the original dub and I'm betting that Funi won't bother bringing back any of the original cast but if it's something like a cameo that isn't a big deal.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Reibooi wrote:
As a fan of the original show and someone who has not watched this one at all(because Funi licensed it I'm just waiting for the physical release). I was wondering how much is Eureka in the show? Does she have a good amount of screen time or is it more of a cameo.

I ask because I liked the original dub and I'm betting that Funi won't bother bringing back any of the original cast but if it's something like a cameo that isn't a big deal.

spoiler[Eureka shows up fairly often and is pretty important to the story so you'll get your fix.]

But yeah, it was bad enough with the Olympics prevented it from airing, but now we got to wait over a month for the finale? This sucks.
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote
So we'll get to the point where the series is at its most confusing, and then have to wait over a month for everything to be untangled. I hate you, Olympics.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Lol, I wasn't too surprised at this but oh well. This isn't the smash hit season for me anyways although it's kinda sad to see it being once again delayed.

Glad we have Flow's OP song to make up for that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Suena

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Weird. Are they behind in the animating, or revising the script, or.....?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:58 pm Reply with quote
It's always harder to be a follow-up to a great work.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Suena wrote:
Weird. Are they behind in the animating, or revising the script, or.....?

There were 2 problems with the timing of the show:
1) The show was one of the last to air in the Spring 2012 season (about 2-3 weeks into April)
2) It lost 2 weeks due to the summer Olympics, which is likely the actual cause for the delay. Fall 2012 is starting next week and there are shows taking its time slot.

Regardless, the show is so messed up at this point that people probably won't miss it or rather remember it that much when it comes back in November unless they do something of epic proportions in these last three episodes.
Togame

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
spoiler[Eureka shows up fairly often and is pretty important to the story so you'll get your fix.]

That's not true.
Eureka's appearance can be summed up as cameos, but the worst of all is that she is in no way an active actor.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:19 pm Reply with quote
No, cameos are small, brief appearences. Eureka shows up for good chunks of time, has plenty of dialouge, moves the plot along, and has deep ties to many of the other characters. Essentially a cameo appearence can be removed and nothing changes. You can't say the same for Eureka.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2