• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media to Publish Bakuman's Manga-in-Manga 1-Shot 'Otter #11'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doubleO7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Interesting. Too bad they're not selling it. I would love to have this, but I'm not an SJA subscriber and I'm not going to NYCC. I would pay money for it though, if I could.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:06 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
Interesting. Too bad they're not selling it. I would love to have this, but I'm not an SJA subscriber and I'm not going to NYCC. I would pay money for it though, if I could.

Too bad these companies are dumb for not exploiting such opportunities to the fullest. It's not like they want my money.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:00 pm Reply with quote
It's like those Japanese limited edition promos.

Wait on ebay.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:42 pm Reply with quote
one-shot means they are trying to sell the magazine. They are selling it.
Setsura1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Hey, looks like I'll get something from those guys at SJA. I mean who's bright idea was it to go digital. I miss my printed copy, in fact thats actually my account name for SJA. I was also supposed to be getting an Egyptian God Card....never got it. I hate how everything is going digital
GordanHam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:45 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:

um.... if you subscribe you get it......they aren't coming out till December........you should really read the article completely before you comment......
Pirkaf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:42 am Reply with quote
Too bad it's not a regular manga. Hiramaru sensei is good. Anime smile
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:07 am Reply with quote
GordanHam wrote:
doubleO7 wrote:

um.... if you subscribe you get it......they aren't coming out till December........you should really read the article completely before you comment......

But I don't want to subscribe, I want to buy it stand alone.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:15 am Reply with quote
Well, it should show up on eBay. If it doesn't, then things could get quite complex.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:30 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Well, it should show up on eBay. If it doesn't, then things could get quite complex.

And pay scalper prices? **** that.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:15 am Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
doubleO7 wrote:

Too bad these companies are dumb for not exploiting such opportunities to the fullest. It's not like they want my money.

As much as I want to defend Viz's decision... yeah. This seems awfully silly. I'm personally not a fan of "limited editions," "con exclusives," etc.
Why screw over so many potential customers who can't travel the distance or who aren't subscribers/members/whathaveyou? As a business model, isn't it rather obvious you're willfully limiting your profit pool? Rolling Eyes
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:58 pm Reply with quote
So geography says I cannot have this? Screw you, Viz.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
Sunday Silence wrote:
doubleO7 wrote:

As much as I want to defend Viz's decision... yeah. This seems awfully silly. I'm personally not a fan of "limited editions," "con exclusives," etc.
Why screw over so many potential customers who can't travel the distance or who aren't subscribers/members/whathaveyou? As a business model, isn't it rather obvious you're willfully limiting your profit pool? Rolling Eyes

It's not just this, it's the whole industry as a whole.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote
I hate to say it, but yeah, I'm gonna have to side against Viz on this one too. I would love to get this, just for Sachie-chan, because Toriyama and Katsura are both in my Top 3 favorite manga authors list. So any collaboration between the two is awesome in my book.

That said though, is it actually 'Sachie-chan Good!' like they're calling it apparently? I always saw it referred to as 'Sachie-chan Guu' or the like. Not that I ever had any idea what 'Guu' meant.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1