• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
JManga7 up?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:48 pm Reply with quote
I can't seem to find any news anywhere about it but I stumbled across what I think is the JManga7 site ._. http://jmanga7.com/ It has pictures of several titles on it including Code Breaker and My Heavenly Hockey Club. Is it legit?
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:11 am Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
I can't seem to find any news anywhere about it but I stumbled across what I think is the JManga7 site ._. http://jmanga7.com/ It has pictures of several titles on it including Code Breaker and My Heavenly Hockey Club. Is it legit?

Yes, the site is legal. JManga set it up themselves. They got the idea from sites like MangaFox, but how they said, titles will be for a limited time.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:28 am Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:

Yes, the site is legal. JManga set it up themselves. They got the idea from sites like MangaFox, but how they said, titles will be for a limited time.

Okay cool! When did it go up? In the past when I searched for JManga7 I always saw the pre-registration page. Today was the first time I saw the actual site.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:00 am Reply with quote
Okay, I found the source link, so you now for sure it's real

Source So, yes, they took the MangaFox site idea, but you do a monthly fee and you can read whatever you want.

I think people were peopel were suggesting like "Why not have a site like MangaFox" and I think people would rather do a monthly thing and read what they can. And they figure if they like the title enough, they'll go on over to JManga and order the digital copies, too.

If that makes since...but at least you know it's real now.

Thanks for bringing this up, I need to check it out. This will be better for me, since i have dial-up.
Brand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:19 am Reply with quote
Hmmm, now why would I purchase books on Jmanga if I can have access to everything on Jmanga7?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:40 am Reply with quote
brand wrote:
Hmmm, now why would I purchase books on Jmanga if I can have access to everything on Jmanga7?

Because you can't have access to everything on JManga7. Titles will only be up there for a limited time, then they'll be taken down and you'll have the option of buying them from JManga. I'm pretty sure they mentioned some things on JManga7 would be subscriber-only, too, but I haven't read the press announcement in a while so I can't be sure.
Brand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:20 am Reply with quote
If you read the About page nothing mentions for a limited time. Even the "What's diffrent from JManga.com" doesn't make a great argument. It makes it sound like Jmanga you "own" the book (though it is more like leasing it, much like Steam) and with JManga7 you pay a subscription and have access to the chapters.

I have a Jmanga points subscription. If I can just subscribe to JManga7 have access to everything then why would I continue my Jmanga subscription?

I mean JManga7 is more what I was hoping for in the first place but it seems bit confusing to me to compete with yourself.

I also have to say I like the design of the JManga7 website a lot better then the Jmanga website. Much cleaner and nicer to look at.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Right now they're likely just front-loading the site with their current titles to gain subscribers. If they stick true to their original claims, expect them to start falling off.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:12 pm Reply with quote
So whats the deal with these guys are they ever gonna actually put out any books or are they just squatting on manga? I know they have stuff online but personally i wouldn't pay for online manga.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:15 pm Reply with quote
They've been saying they're looking into print-on-demand, but it seems the bigwigs in Japan aren't as enthused with the idea.
Genet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
They've been saying they're looking into print-on-demand, but it seems the bigwigs in Japan aren't as enthused with the idea.

Which is weird because usually the opposite has been the problem- Japanese companies don't want to push out digital rights for whatever series. Is there a source on this? Just curious.

And digital/printing rights are apparently two different things. I really, really, REALLY hope they do Print on Demand, because looking at their library of titles, JManga would easily become the company I would buy from the most if a print option was available.

They have freaking Doukyusei by Asumiko Nakamura. I would drop so much $ if I could own that in English in print-form. (I already have the series in Japanese)
Mylene

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:58 am Reply with quote
Did anyone ever receive any sort of email or anything for "preregistering?" I at least expected to receive some sort of confirmation, but I've tried it a few different times over the course of the month and never received any sort of email. It was kind of odd...
LKK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Mylene wrote:
Did anyone ever receive any sort of email or anything for "preregistering?" I at least expected to receive some sort of confirmation, but I've tried it a few different times over the course of the month and never received any sort of email. It was kind of odd...

I registered last Thursday & received one of those Click on this link to confirm your registration emails. I successfully confirmed my account. But I haven't been able to access the site since Thursday.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quote
I guess they just made the site live on accident, then.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Is anyone else having a issue getting on the JManga7 site?

I went to load the page, but a window will pop up asking for User Name and Password. Which, clearly, I didn't do that, since that's asking to be hacked.

Did something happen to the site?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2