• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Fate/stay night TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyreno4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quote
chris ayres is directing space pirates

Stevenfoster directing peguindrum for dub

space bros getting blueray released

They will announced New Fall titles this week PR
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote
skyreno4 wrote:
Stevenfoster directing peguindrum for dub

http://twitter.com/Opn01/status/251725306614915073

And all hopes of it having a good dub has went down in a nosedive. Mad
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Roguespider wrote:
Glad to hear Sentai picking this up, but when did they license Bodacious Space Pirates? How did I miss that news headline?

Probably because they announced it a couple months before it aired.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Woo-hoo, Sentai! You saved me from having to pay crazy OOP prices for this title. Plus, it'll be on blu-ray - nice!
ShinnFlowen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Finally I can try to build up my fate collection which is rather small at the moment.

For the people that don't think fate zero dub has a chance of blu ray from Sentai I would say there is a greater hope thanks to their established relationships through the licensing of Fate/Stay and UBW. The only issue is how long you have to weight for the license or the number of years until the title is allowed to be published in North America and whether japanese voices will be included as Persona 4 Blu ray didn't come with japanese voices.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I think there is a greater chance of AoA releasing a non-LE BD version of F/Z as opposed to Sentai.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote
doesn't a Jan release for Space Pirates seem a little too early?
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quote
ShinnFlowen wrote:
Finally I can try to build up my fate collection which is rather small at the moment.

For the people that don't think fate zero dub has a chance of blu ray from Sentai I would say there is a greater hope thanks to their established relationships through the licensing of Fate/Stay and UBW. The only issue is how long you have to weight for the license or the number of years until the title is allowed to be published in North America and whether japanese voices will be included as Persona 4 Blu ray didn't come with japanese voices.
Keep in mind that F/SN was distributed by Geneon in Japan (both the TV series and the movie) while F/Z is released by Aniplex. Two different types of licensing agreements between the series. AoA is more likely to keep that title due to its popularity here instead of sub-licensing it.
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:15 pm Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:
Keep in mind that F/SN was distributed by Geneon in Japan (both the TV series and the movie) while F/Z is released by Aniplex. Two different types of licensing agreements between the series.

It's true that Fate/stay night was distributed by Geneon but Sentai got the rights from TBS who they have a VERY close working relationship with.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:23 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
ultimatemegax wrote:
Keep in mind that F/SN was distributed by Geneon in Japan (both the TV series and the movie) while F/Z is released by Aniplex. Two different types of licensing agreements between the series.

It's true that Fate/stay night was distributed by Geneon but Sentai got the rights from TBS who they have a VERY close working relationship with.

And who does not have the rights to Fate/Zero. (Would be listed if they did)

Not disagreeing with you, just providing more evidence that it's unlikely they could repeat to get F/Z just due to the two F/SN licenses.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Pretty smart pickup by Sentai as I imagine Fate/Zero has brought more warm bodies into the Cult of Type-Moon. I can't imagine that the rescue cost all that much either considering its age. I have higher hopes for a Carnival Phantasm license now than I did before.
The Count

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, now I just need a few more of the old Geneon titles on Blu-Ray and I'll be very happy(Gankutsuou, someone please make it happen). Happy to hear about Mardock Scramble too, thought watching the first film had me feeling very uncomfortable at times. Can't wait to see the full January line-up.
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:04 pm Reply with quote
The Count wrote:
Awesome, now I just need a few more of the old Geneon titles on Blu-Ray and I'll be very happy(Gankutsuou, someone please make it happen).

You might want to rethink that because the show got a Blu-ray box release in Japan and it was an upscale and a very bad one at that.

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=1955700
manicli

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Yes Sentai you are officially my 2nd favourite Anime Distributor in North America! Ofcourse I got the old Geneon singles for 80 dollars but a Blu Ray would be much better! I can't wait Very Happy

I hope Sentai keeps licensing obscure stuff and license rescuing titles Very Happy
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:13 pm Reply with quote
chrisc1978 wrote:
About time, Fate/Zero is next right?

Aniplex USA owns Fate/Zero. Pretty sure they have no intention in letting another company acquire it.

Quote:
I have higher hopes for a Carnival Phantasm license now than I did before.

Higher chance of license but not likely to be as well received. Melty Blood/Tsukihime fans will enjoy it but there is some content such as the Fate/Hollow Ataraxia references of even the Heaven's Feel arc references that many may not yet understand. In fact, some of the Fate and UBW stuff may not be fully understood given how poor the respective anime adaptations were.

Quote:
Glad to hear Sentai picking this up, but when did they license Bodacious Space Pirates? How did I miss that news headline?

Back in winter 2012 when it started airing.

All in all, I don't need another copy of this on my shelf. I'm perfectly content with my Geneon copy. If anything, Fate/Zero needs to get RE-SUBBED. The translations on Aniplex's release are pretty bad in a number of places in both halves. Not $700 quality if you ask me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6