• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Fate/stay night TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Count

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:21 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
The Count wrote:
Awesome, now I just need a few more of the old Geneon titles on Blu-Ray and I'll be very happy(Gankutsuou, someone please make it happen).

You might want to rethink that because the show got a Blu-ray box release in Japan and it was an upscale and a very bad one at that.

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=1955700
No!!!! Gankutsuou and Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. are the only two titles I'm seriously considering importing the Blu-Ray versions.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Good to see a date for Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion. I already have Fate/Stay Night and aren't really interested in purchasing the other stuff though.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Carnival Phantasm next! Carnival Phantasm next! Carnival Phantasm next!

I have a dream!
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:31 pm Reply with quote
They got the wrong one
Tratious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:32 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
doesn't a Jan release for Space Pirates seem a little too early?
Yes and No, the first 13 episodes were released as a single boxset on the 26th, so it will be probably won't solicited until January, maybe even February at the earliest.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:34 pm Reply with quote
What's with some of the posts whining about Fate/stay night getting licensed "again"? What's wrong with anime being licensed rescued? Do you ENJOY watching anime go OOP and inflate to prices that not many want to pay for? I don't get it...

I for once, am happy. I remember regretting not getting the FUNI release (didn't know much about it when Geneon had it) so now I don't just have a chance to get it, but get it on blu! Guess it's good I didn't Smile
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Interesting i've been meaning to check Fate/stay-night & Fate/Zero out eventually, glad it'll be getting a re-release.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quote
blaizevincent wrote:
Awesome to get a BD release of this Show! Will make up for not being able to afford the Fate/Zero Sets : )

I hope someday Sentai makes both available to folks who can't plunk down several grand for an anime's box set. Anime cry I love Fate/Zero but contemplating buying it is friggin' depressing. Crying or Very sad
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:53 pm Reply with quote
finally I can legally own a part of fate/stay night franchise and not be f***** broke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Considering Sentai licenses about 90% of TBS's shows, Fate is hardly surprisingly. I wouldn't be surprised if they picked it up at the same time they got the movie. If they can get it on bluray, I will definitely double dip, even though I paid an arm and a leg for the Geneon singles with art box after it went out of print.

Considering Aniplex is treating Fate Stay Zero as an import release and isn't doing much in the way of localization, another company eventually licensing it and dubbing it isn't entirely impossible. It was more than likely passed up by Funi and Sentai because Aniplex wanted too much money for it in the first place. Stranger things have happened.

I will definitely be picking up Saiyuki Gaiden as well. Perhaps it will help erase the memories of the auditory abortion that Geneon and Bang Zoom produced for Reload and Gunlock.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:11 pm Reply with quote
I guess this is good news. Hopefully, Aniplex will do a legitimate release of Fate/Zero in the States instead of just doing an import, and they probably will... we'll just have to wait a little while. The second import boxset JUST came out, and they usually wait a little while before doing an English dub for a North American-exclusive release.

Sentai's on a role releasing all these great titles, and producing English dubs for 5/6 of them (granted, they're far more low-budget than ADV's were, but still... they're generally workable).

Last edited by PurpleWarrior13 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
spacmace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Eh I already have FSN on DVD back from when Geneon released it and don't think it's worth re-buying on BD. The animation isn't that great anyway. Good to know it's getting released again though~

And yes, Carnival Phantasm would be awesome!
SprintsMcGee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:47 pm Reply with quote
I hope this is a continuing trend of them picking up old Geneon licences. Wouldn't mind seeing Higurashi and it's second season in Bluray come over to the West
StormSky92

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:01 pm Reply with quote
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy right now! I've always wanted this series, but it's been out of print for awhile. SOOOOOOO happy it will be available again.
Melicans

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:13 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
doesn't a Jan release for Space Pirates seem a little too early?

I'm a bit surprised by it too. 6 months (9 at most if they split into two sets of 13 along the Winter/Spring divide) seems pretty quick, especially with the release being on Blu-Ray. Some of their other licenses have beein waiting for a pretty long time since their announcement (I'm looking at you, Mashiro Symphony). Now only to hope Papakiki gets a quick release too.

Still, not too disappointed about the Fate/Stay news either. If only for the reason that it gives a bit more hope that they'll rescue the first three seasons of Zero no Tsukaima too, particularly since they already have the license for F.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6