• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Fate/stay night TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Melicans wrote:
getchman wrote:
doesn't a Jan release for Space Pirates seem a little too early?

I'm a bit surprised by it too. 6 months (9 at most if they split into two sets of 13 along the Winter/Spring divide) seems pretty quick, especially with the release being on Blu-Ray. Some of their other licenses have beein waiting for a pretty long time since their announcement (I'm looking at you, Mashiro Symphony). Now only to hope Papakiki gets a quick release too.

It's not too surprising actually.
Their average turn around time is between 5-8 months.

As for Mashiro Symphony, it was announced a couple weeks ago in their December solicitations.
And I don't even know why you're whining about it being long time, it'll have a 5 month release, which is on the short end of their turn around times.
Last JP release: 6/27/12
Sentai release: 12/04/12
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:07 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
Carnival Phantasm next! Carnival Phantasm next! Carnival Phantasm next!

I have a dream!

I share this dream as well.
Melicans

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:21 pm Reply with quote
The Coffee God wrote:
Melicans wrote:
getchman wrote:

I'm a bit surprised by it too. 6 months (9 at most if they split into two sets of 13 along the Winter/Spring divide) seems pretty quick, especially with the release being on Blu-Ray. Some of their other licenses have beein waiting for a pretty long time since their announcement (I'm looking at you, Mashiro Symphony). Now only to hope Papakiki gets a quick release too.

It's not too surprising actually.
Their average turn around time is between 5-8 months.

As for Mashiro Symphony, it was announced a couple weeks ago in their December solicitations.
And I don't even know why you're whining about it being long time, it'll have a 5 month release, which is on the short end of their turn around times.
Last JP release: 6/27/12
Sentai release: 12/04/12

I'm hardly 'whining' about it. And if that is what you got from my post, I can only assume that you misread what I said. I expressed surprise at what seems to be a relatively quick release, the reason for that surprise being that it includes a Blu-Ray release. Given how afraid (for lack of a better term) the Japanese companies have been of reverse importation for that medium, it seems an astoundingly quick release to my eyes.

Regarding Mashiroiro Symphony specifically, I'm well aware that it is being released in December. If you would deign to read my post more carefully, you will see that I said "Some of their other licenses have beein[sic] waiting for a pretty long time since their announcement." To try and phrase it more clearly, I'm referring to when Sentai announced that the license was acquired; not the release date of the last volume in Japan. The Mashiroiro Symphony license was announced by Sentai on 24 October 2011, and it will be released in December this year. And again, if you would care to read my post more carefully, you would see that I'm actually expressing optimism that some of their other recently acquired licenses, such as Papakiki (which I greatly enjoyed), will be released just as quickly as Space Pirates will.

TL;DR: Don't assume the worst. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my original post, I don't know. But I do find it strange that you would see a post expressing pleasant surprise and optimism and be able to twist into something negative that is filled with 'whining'. Maybe next time you would care to read what someone says a bit more thoroughly..?
hojo 360

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Saiyuki Gaiden on DVD in January, and the release will include an English dub with the original ADV Films dub cast.
that right there made my day Surprised
JackCox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:51 pm Reply with quote
partially wrote:
Hmmm wasn't this show SD? Sentai doing an upscale?

No it was in Widescreen I believe.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:15 am Reply with quote
JackCox wrote:
partially wrote:
Hmmm wasn't this show SD? Sentai doing an upscale?

No it was in Widescreen I believe.

Still an upscale. It was widescreen 576p. Also, it's Studio Deen who did this title if anyone else recalls, meaning a studio that has been stuck in SD quality for as long as anyone can remember. The Japanese BD releases didn't look that great and I doubt the US ones will be any better.
nothing935

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:10 am Reply with quote
Yes just what we need another release of a shitty Studio DEEN adaptation of a good visual novel.

Oh well at least nobody's stupid enough to re-release the Tsukihime anime, I mean the DEEN made Fate/Stay Night anime's are bad but the Tsukihime anime is worse.
opn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:22 am Reply with quote
nothing935 wrote:

Oh well at least nobody's stupid enough to re-release the Tsukihime anime, I mean the DEEN made Fate/Stay Night anime's are bad but the Tsukihime anime is worse.

How can they release something that does not exist Confused
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:29 am Reply with quote
opn wrote:

Oh you rabid Type-MOON fans and your hilarious insistence that there isn't a Tsukihime Anime. I can always be entertained when you're around.
0seveN

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:52 am Reply with quote
nothing935 wrote:
Oh well at least nobody's stupid enough to re-release the Tsukihime anime

Funny you say that, since Sentai actually already re-released it 3 years ago and it looks like it's still in print. Laughing
kanechin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:25 am Reply with quote
Now that Gaiden is being dubbed I finally have a reason to watch it. Was hoping for the cast from the Reload/Gunlock dubs but the original cast is still good.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:47 am Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:
Now that Gaiden is being dubbed I finally have a reason to watch it. Was hoping for the cast from the Reload/Gunlock dubs but the original cast is still good.

You watch Reload/Gunlock first? Because if you did...you watched season 2 & 3 first, and the LA VAs don't really portray the characters too well, they try, but they're not as good as the ADV actors. Hell, Yuri Low used a fake name in the cast. And honestly...you don't even have to watch Reload and Gunlock, they don't even make it India, so season 1 is all that you need to watch.
metroid24

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:43 am Reply with quote
glad to see this coming to BD im also glad sentai is starting to dub their stuff more latly Smile
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:15 am Reply with quote
Tratious wrote:
getchman wrote:
Yes and No, the first 13 episodes were released as a single boxset on the 26th, so it will be probably won't solicited until January, maybe even February at the earliest.

Very much yes, actually. The Anime Network VOD service just added Space Pirates the sub {That's the title}; So either they're only going to show half of it or they won't start showing the dub until march. Unless they start double showings.

But this is just my small little world and my small little problem.

Fate Stay/Night? It's back? Still just as, what's the word, messy?
So that's going to show up too? Why can I only respond to it with questions?

Ah, for the love of all that is decent to good, why?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:40 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
opn wrote:

Oh you rabid Type-MOON fans and your hilarious insistence that there isn't a Tsukihime Anime. I can always be entertained when you're around.

You do realize that it's just a big in-joke, right?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6