• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds 'From the New World' Sci-Fi Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pantsmca

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:23 am Reply with quote
Why does ANN keep saying it'll "air in Japan on Oct. 2nd"? It aired on Friday; there's already raws up on the internet. Streaming services are just choosing to air it on the 2nd, which happens to be an air date of a different station.
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:34 am Reply with quote
Sentai Filmworks - Forever be Licensin' ; )
Volibear

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:48 am Reply with quote
You can tell it's new season time again

Last edited by Volibear on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:49 am Reply with quote
License Denpa onna to seishun otoko Please!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:40 pm Reply with quote
CALLED IT.

It's better than the alternative - which is Aniplex releasing it themselves and putting it out sub-only for 150 bucks. Rolling Eyes
Melicans

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Was happy to see Crunchyroll announce the simulcast. Will be even happier to add this to my collection.

Mario1234567 wrote:
License Denpa onna to seishun otoko Please!

+10000000000000000000

Last edited by Melicans on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
CALLED IT.

It's better than the alternative - which is Aniplex releasing it themselves and putting it out sub-only for 150 bucks. Rolling Eyes

Its not a significant enough release for them to bother with doing that. Only stuff at the level of Fate/Zero, Sword Art Online and major Shaft shows will get that kind of release.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:03 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:
CALLED IT.

Its not a significant enough release for them to bother with doing that. Only stuff at the level of Fate/Zero, Sword Art Online and major Shaft shows will get that kind of release.

I have been wondering lately why doesn't Aniplex USA release more of the series Aniplex is already distributing in Japan, instead of letting other R1 companies release them. Angel Beats! and AnoHana come to mind. They could have released them in BD and subbed-only ala NIS America for $69.98 MSRP.

I realize that Aniplex USA wants to make lots of money but releasing sub only on BD would probably not cost them much; this model seems to work for NIS America. I would like to think that a move like this might give Aniplex USA some love and credibility from R1 anime buyers and fans.

Of course, I would still want Aniplex USA to keep releasing and dubbing high profile series like Madoka Magica and Durarara!! Don't give me wrong, I am glad Sentai picked up From the New World, but I do wonder why Aniplex USA does not release more titles from the catalog of its parent company, Aniplex.
Tratious

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:23 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:
CALLED IT.

They don't have the North American rights, those rights rest with TV Asahi.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1