• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What Are You Considering Buying?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manicli

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm considering bakemonogatari, I'm still on the fence with that though since my budget for this Christmas is already filled. But it looks really interesting so who knows.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Back when I launched a hostile takeover of this thread with my anime priority list, I threatened to do the same for manga. suppose that I might have worn my welcome out already, which works against me as I could use more help when it comes to manga. I've been watching anime since I was in the sixth grade, but I only really began reading manga last September when I bought Ayako on a whim.

Well,I have. Well, I had about two weeks ago, then my computer, which was a loaner to temporarily replace a computer that had died, died the day before I planned to post it. Well, I have a new laptop now and I tried to reconstruct my list.

My approach for this was very similar. I gave each title a score of 0-3 and applied modifiers. Scores were raised for being highly desired, if their availability was threatened and for being concise, here defined as 12 or fewer volumes long. Scores were lowered for volumes that are rare or expensive, with either no copires available or copies only available at twice the original MSRP or worse. The penalty was -1 for 10% of volumes or fewer being difficult, -2 for 10% to 33% and -3 for more than 33%. Series also suffered penalties for being very long, viȝ. 18 or more volumes or for their English release being incomplete.

First, I'll list series that I'm currently collecting, for completeness and information.

Ongoing Series (ranked by priority score)
A Bride's Story, up to volume 3
Mardock Scramble, up to volume 5
Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, up to volume 2
Wandering Son, up to volume 3
Black Lagoon, up to volume 9
Claymore, up to volume 6
In These Words, up to volume 1
Silent Möbius, up to volume 4 (This is the seemingly suspended Udon release, so it appears again below in reference to the older Viz releases)

Now, the rest, sorted by priority levels. Titles that I already own are listed in grey after the titles that I don't own. As before, these rankings are advisory, not binding. They include only titles that are available officially in English or that will be released in English in the near future.

Priority Score 6
Twin Spica

(This isn't quite right as the Japanese release would've in fact be lowered for length, whereas the English is raised for concision, but I own the whole series, so it's academic. Besides, Twin Spica is awesome, so it deserves it)

Priority Score 5
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Pluto
Alien Nine
Book of Human Insects
Sexy Voice and Robo

Priority Score 4
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the Shell 2.0
MW
Paradise Kiss
Rica 'tte Kanji
With the Light
7 Billion Needles
Appleseed
Ayako
Domion Tank Police
Lychee Light Club
Princess Mermaid
Sister Red

Priority Score 3
21st Century Boys
20th Century Boys
Abandon the Old in Tokyo
Akira
Alien Nine: Emulators
Battle Angel Alita
Buddha
Dorohedoro
Flowers of Evil
Jormungand
Onward Toward Our Noble Deaths
Parasyte
Please Save My Earth
Sakuran
Wolfsmund
Black Magic
Domion: Conflict 1 [No More Noise]
Hansel & Gretel
Hellsing
Magic Knight Rayearth
Magic Knight Rayearth II
Orion
Toward the Terra
Velveteen & Mandala

Priority Score 2
A Letter to Adolf
Apollo's Song
Attack on Titan
Berserk
Excel Saga
Girl Friends
Me and the Devil Blues
MPD Psycho
No Longer Human
Silent Möbius
Amefurashi
Reiko: The Zombie Shop
Venus Versus Virus

Priority Score 1
Blade of the Immortal
Emma
Monster
Pilgrim Jäger
SaiKano
Silent Möbius

Priority Score 0
Basara
Eagle
Kaze Hikaru
Hayate X Blade

(All of these series got killed by their rare volumes. Poor Basara Sad)

I welcome any commentary or advice , but everybody's graciousness and patience in tolerating me is more than enough..

For a lark, below is the number of titles on my list by publisher:

801 Media 1 (1.39%)
ALC 1 (1.39%)
CMX 2 (2.78%)
Comics One 1 (1.39%)
CPM 2 (2.78%)
Dark Horse 13 (18.06%)
Del Ray 2 (2.78%)
Drawn and Quarterly 1 (1.39%)
Fantagraphics 1 (1.39%)
Kodansha 5 (6.94%)
Media Blasters 1 (1.39%)
Seven Seas 3 (4.17%)
Vertical 17 (23.61%)
Viz 21 (29.17%)
Yen Press 1 (1.39%)
Total: 72

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Mon May 26, 2014 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:27 am Reply with quote
For Ghost In The Shell you need to look for the Dark Horse second edition. It has the two color pages omitted from both the first edition and the Kodansha edition. Unfortunately it is in a smaller format than the others. Are you aware there is also a Ghost in the Shell 1.5? I didn't see it listed.

How many volumes of Appleseed do you have? There are four numbered volumes and Appleseed ID and Appleseed Hypernotes.
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:52 am Reply with quote
I'm pleasantly surprised to find Please Save My Earth so high. I collected it as it was coming out (one of my most desired purchases). I love the series, but there are a few expensive volumes.

Sorted by price on Amazon - volume 13 is about $80, and volume 7 is about $35. Then again, the majority of the series is still being sold for decent prices. If you're serious about collecting the series (or any other series that is similar where only a few volumes are really high), I say suck it up bend over, take it in the ass and bite the bullet on the few expensive volumes before you see that shit go into Basara volumes 19 and 20 levels. That's how I got the entire series of Basara.

Three years ago, I borrowed the entire series from the library at someone's recommendation and fell in love with it. I researched the prices on Amazon immediately afterwards and noticed that 19 and 20 were in the $50 range. Since those were the key stoppers, I knew I needed to get those first before the numbers dwindled further and the prices rose. Volume 20 had like 6 available to purchase at the time and 19 had about 13, so I figured if there was one I needed to purchase first it would be 20. I did and prices started to rise soon afterwards. With 20 jumping so high, I figured fewer people would be willing to buy the series, which would keep 19 low for a while and allow me to not kill my bank account. And it did. I was able to wait an entire year before buying 19. A lot of the other volumes I bought at an anime convention for cheap. Overall, I feel I did really good with that series.

I'm surprised to see Kaze Hikaru so low though. It only has one volume OOP, and it isn't even at PSME's price yet. Is it because of a low desireability? In that case I could understand. I've been enjoying KH, but I'm uncertain if I'm going to keep the series or not. I like it, but I don't love it. I wish my library had the series for me to read. Of course, I've only read to volume 5, so maybe the series gets better the later on it goes. For some reason, the humor in it just throws me off at times.

Emma I noticed doesn't really have one expensive volume, but several who are 200-300% of MSRP. I'm guessing that's why it's so much lower than PSME. It's only 10 volumes at least.

Basara? Yeah, that one is a hopeless cause. You'd have better luck going on craigslist or ebay and searching for the entire series being sold at once. Also, I recommend checking local comics stores (I've found some treasures doing that) or even your library. Hell, you can even buy the German volumes, and then read summaries online of what happens in them. I'll f***ing send you a script if you'd like. It's worth the read at least if not the cost.

20th Century Boys and Pluto are still currently all in print, but considering how quickly Monster blew out of control I'd say bite 'em while you still can.

Considering your appreciation for Wandering Son, I think you'd enjoy With the Light as well, if you could find some decently priced volumes 5 & 6. It's really adorable.

My recommendation? Choose one or two OOP series you want to collect along with however many ongoing you want to collect at one time. And once you finish that OOP series, move onto another (if you feel your bank account can take it).

I have some comments about others, but I'll put it on hold for now. Food time!

Also, I could check my local comic stores to see if there are any of the expensive OOP volumes for series you'd like.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Very kind of you to respond.

Alan45 wrote:
For Ghost In The Shell you need to look for the Dark Horse second edition. It has the two color pages omitted from both the first edition and the Kodansha edition. Unfortunately it is in a smaller format than the others. Are you aware there is also a Ghost in the Shell 1.5? I didn't see it listed.

You, or perhaps somebody else, warned me about that before and I indeed intend to get the Dark Horse edition. I'm not really a size queen; I don't mind bigger, but whatever the size, it's what goes inside that counts.

I did completely forget about Ghost in the Shell 1.5.

Alan45 wrote:
How many volumes of Appleseed do you have? There are four numbered volumes and Appleseed ID and Appleseed Hypernotes.

I have the four core volumes, ID and Hypernotes.

willag wrote:
I'm pleasantly surprised to find Please Save My Earth so high. I collected it as it was coming out (one of my most desired purchases). I love the series, but there are a few expensive volumes.

Sorted by price on Amazon - volume 13 is about $80, and volume 7 is about $35. Then again, the majority of the series is still being sold for decent prices. If you're serious about collecting the series (or any other series that is similar where only a few volumes are really high), I say suck it up bend over, take it in the ass and bite the bullet on the few expensive volumes before you see that shit go into Basara volumes 19 and 20 levels. That's how I got the entire series of Basara.

Ever since the first thing that I read about it, I've been told that as soon as I finished the anime, I would want to read the manga. What I've read about the series really grabs me and all of the cool people have reinforced my interest.

It certainly sounds like a good candidate for a sort of 'project'. As I recall, when I did my 'research', I was surprised that it wasn't hopelessly expensive or rare.

willag wrote:
I'm surprised to see Kaze Hikaru so low though. It only has one volume OOP, and it isn't even at PSME's price yet. Is it because of a low desirability? In that case I could understand. I've been enjoying KH, but I'm uncertain if I'm going to keep the series or not. I like it, but I don't love it. I wish my library had the series for me to read. Of course, I've only read to volume 5, so maybe the series gets better the later on it goes. For some reason, the humor in it just throws me off at times.

I can't even remember how I became interested in Kaze Hikaru. I thought that I'd read a House of 1,000 Manga column about it, but there doesn't seem to be one. So it's a mystery. I'm intrigued by the premise, but it doesn't feel essential. (I gave it a base rating of 2 and it lost points for a few tricky volumes and length) It also feels a little outside of my bailiwick too but I'm trying to break out of that because it's good for me and I was hesitant about Wandering Son before I actually read it. (And we all know how that turned out)

willag wrote:
Emma I noticed doesn't really have one expensive volume, but several who are 200-300% of MSRP. I'm guessing that's why it's so much lower than PSME. It's only 10 volumes at least.

Emma suffers a lot for 'difficult' volumes, even if it's a satisfying, yet digestible length. I have a life-long, but superficial, affection for the Victorian era and after A Bride's Story, I certainly want to see more by Kaoru Mori, but it seems like it might be too much of a headache relative to my other options.

willag wrote:
Basara? Yeah, that one is a hopeless cause. You'd have better luck going on craigslist or ebay and searching for the entire series being sold at once. Also, I recommend checking local comics stores (I've found some treasures doing that) or even your library. Hell, you can even buy the German volumes, and then read summaries online of what happens in them. I'll f***ing send you a script if you'd like. It's worth the read at least if not the cost.

I know that I became interested in Basara because of a House of 1,000 Manga column. It sounded interesting and although I prefer more compact series, I do yearn for an epic here and there. Then I looked into actually getting it and my hair went white (and maybe that's why I'm already balding).

Unfortunately, there are no comic books stores hereabouts that I can easily get to and the selection at the local library is an unimpressive farrago of dog-eared orphans. I hadn't considered foreign editions. If they're German, I might just need a dictionary. (ich kann ein bisschen Deutsch)

willag wrote:
20th Century Boys and Pluto are still currently all in print, but considering how quickly Monster blew out of control I'd say bite 'em while you still can.

Good point. I might want to give those bonuses for impending scarcity. I was a little down on Pluto after the hamfisted political commentary that Jason Thompson mentioned, but I feel like I can sit through that for an otherwise excellent story. (I'm against the same things as Urasawa is, I just don't like stuff like that to be delivered via sledgehammer... maybe Sledge Hammer, though)

willag wrote:
Considering your appreciation for Wandering Son, I think you'd enjoy With the Light as well, if you could find some decently priced volumes 5 & 6. It's really adorable.

I didn't even realize that there were any troublesome volumes of With the Light. Ah well, only five seems to be a real nixnuts. I've been considering it since I heard about it on an episode of ANNCast; comparison to my beloved Wandering Son seems apt and promising. I seem to really go for these kinds of stories. I do look forward to it, although the death of the author makes it a little sadder to think about than it might otherwise be.

willag wrote:
My recommendation? Choose one or two OOP series you want to collect along with however many ongoing you want to collect at one time. And once you finish that OOP series, move onto another (if you feel your bank account can take it).

A feasible strategy, although I'll have to kick that can a month or two down the road until I resolve some of my unexpected expenses.

willag wrote:
I have some comments about others, but I'll put it on hold for now. Food time!

Why do I feel like you shouting, "food time," is the last thing that more than one poor, frightened soul, stranded in the wilderness after having been snatched from sleep in night has heard?
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote
I feel like your list is..missing some vitals so to say. You have two of the three classic Viz shojos, you're missing Banana Fish on that list. Every single time that House of 1000 Manga isn't Banana Fish, I'm usually surprised, since he did give it a 4 out of 4 in his Manga Guide book. And it has a strong fanbase, but it's nowhere near as mainstream as Fruits Basket was. I'm sure it'll happen someday (probably next time Shaenon guest writes I bet), but in the meantime, someone brings it up every few months in the manga blogsphere on the basis that it is awesome. Now, a few of the vols are oop, but v 1-7 were printed twice, so while 3v2 is hard to find, 3v1 is not (but version 1 is flipped, yuck, but better than nothing). Oh and it's only my favorite manga of all time, I've yet to recommend it to someone and have them come back to tell me it was anything short of epic.

Also, Firefighter Daigo, which does have a House of 1000 Manga column. Yes, volumes are oop for this too, but since it sold so poorly, they're overall not too expensive. Actually, 1/4th of my collection is ex-library and it looks like they were rented out between approximately twice and never. It's the sort of action series that you just can't put down, and no matter how ridiculous things get, you just love the main and all his badassery. I would love to see Daigo arm wrestle Onizuka, I wouldn't be able to just pick a winner before the game started (I bet it'd end in a stale-mate). Someone over on a thread in the manga forum recently got it, and wrote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
But wow, the raw emotion in this title really moved me. I sometimes teared up when civilians thanked Daigo from the bottom of their hearts, and felt my heart swell up from within. You know a title's special when that happens.
To which I can only say "couldn't have said it better myself". It's nice to see this awesome firefighter who really did take the job to help people, and not just because he did poor/average in high school get thanked by people again and again. A whole twenty volumes and I never got sick of it. But it's not just a bunch of arcs of firefighting, there's the tiger loose in the warehouse story, the hunt for the helicopter guys, and the making the even more badass rescue squad along with his awesome rival. So it's not just these straight up firefights, it's like every most interesting scenario happens around this guy in a place where no fires ever occurred two days before the guy arrived.

Also, glad you bought Twin Spica!

Ok, as for your list as is:
I'm definitely betting on Ooku and Wandering Son going oop in the future. Bride's Story is a good possibility too, but the Vertical podcast did point out that it's selling well. Possibly because everyone is afraid of an Emma repeat. As for Ooku, well almost all the other Yoshinaga stuff is oop, I would especially expect it of one written entirely in Fakespeare, limiting its audience even lower I'd bet.

I assume you know Nausicaa is getting a new omnibus soon
I wouldn't wait on Paradise Kiss, not if you have any hope for Gokinjo Monogatari maybe getting licensed.
With the Light is already going oop I believe, I'd get on that
I hear No Longer Human isn't a huge seller, I'd get that sooner
If you get Saikano on eBay in one big bundle it's not as wildly expensive, whole series show up for around $80 every other month or so, believe it or not.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:37 am Reply with quote
@ Surrender Artist

OK, you are good on Appleseed, you need to check your editions of Dominion and make sure that one of them has the story Phantom of the Audience it is at the end of the current (fourth) edition of Dominion. It takes place between the two series and was not included in the original trades.

Since you like Shirow Masamune you should consider his art books. Intron Depot 1 through 4. Intron Depot and volume 2 were also available in digital form.

Available graphics
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:16 am Reply with quote
I've been going over some Bandai titles and in particular the titles that don't look like they're going to be picked up by another company so it could be my last chance to get them.

Ghost Slayers Ayashi
Mars Daybreak
Tide-Line Blue

The following are a bit lower down the list because I've found a site that still has them in stock and since they have very rare and OOP things at bargain prices, I'm going to assume that they'll (hopefully) still be in stock until Christmas.

Crest of the Stars
My-Hime
Outlaw Star
Sola
Toward the Terra
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:25 am Reply with quote
@Ortensia1980
I don't think I'd wait on Crest of the Stars, since its sequels, Banner of the Stars 1 and 2, are quickly going to go out methinks. I'd just jump on all three of those right now. For ages, Banner 1 was oop, but at some point it must've gotten another set made, so all three series have more than one Legends set, but that doesn't seem to make it any easier to find.

Outlaw Star is a show that's great fun, I can't imagine another company would let a Toonami title with great nostalgia slip them by. I personally wouldn't take the risk, but I also have the second biggest rose colored glasses on (after Digimon) for Outlaw Star.

Toward the Terra was sub only, no clue how well it sold, but it's such an epic series that it needs to be in your (and everyone's) collection. Either they printed plenty of copies or not enough people are buying it because it seems to be the only Bandai title that doesn't seem to be in danger right now. But the three 2-disc single packs are going out fast (as overstock, so for quite cheap, actually, I might try and grab those). And it's a shame it's not in enough people's collections because it's based on a 70s manga (even if the series itself was made in 2007), and it's sub only, so I can imagine both of them hurting sales (unless people were unaware of the former, very likely, the former was of course why I checked it out to begin with though). Also don't recall seeing much advertising for it (though Best Buy near me did carry it), but the 2-disc sets were coming out at the time of half season sets. Even if I think the price was fair for 8 eps vs 13 from Funi, 13 eps might still have looked like a better deal somehow and TtT was glanced over.
But if I could see anyone rescuing it, I'm betting on Nozomi. They have the rights for the 1980 movie (which, imo, watches like a cliffnotes, stick with the manga or TV series), I could see them trying to get the TV series to make a nice little boxset for it in the future.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:19 pm Reply with quote
I am, again, very thankful for the attention and advice. I've found it useful, although maybe a touch disheartening, but that's my lifelong lot in entertainment.

classicalzawa wrote:
I feel like your list is..missing some vitals so to say. You have two of the three classic Viz shojos, you're missing Banana Fish on that list... Oh and it's only my favorite manga of all time, I've yet to recommend it to someone and have them come back to tell me it was anything short of epic.

I knew there had to be a title that I was missing. I'm still rather out of my depth in manga. I hear about Banana Fish a lot, but I never really looked at it. It sounds sort of grim and psychologically intense, which are appealing features to me. It looks like hunting it down will be a little troublesome, but it seems well worth considering, although I shudder a little at trying to manage several long, out of print series.

classicalzawa wrote:
Also, Firefighter Daigo, which does have a House of 1000 Manga column... It's the sort of action series that you just can't put down, and no matter how ridiculous things get, you just love the main and all his badassery... It's nice to see this awesome firefighter who really did take the job to help people, and not just because he did poor/average in high school get thanked by people again and again... But it's not just a bunch of arcs of firefighting, there's the tiger loose in the warehouse story, the hunt for the helicopter guys, and the making the even more badass rescue squad along with his awesome rival. So it's not just these straight up firefights, it's like every most interesting scenario happens around this guy in a place where no fires ever occurred two days before the guy arrived.

That's an enthusiastic sell, but I can't seem to get interested in, much less excited about it. I think that it's because that straight-up manly shōnen spirit motif has never really appealed to me. It feels like it's probably something good that m not psychologically configured to be capable of enjoying, especially not for twenty volumes. I won't discount it outright, but given my hard-to-conquer preliminary apathy and how daunting gathering the longer series that I'm already interested in is, it doesn't feel like something that I'll pursue.

classicalzawa wrote:
Also, glad you bought Twin Spica!

I'm glad that I did too, especially as it was falling out of print just as I started buying it. I loved reading it and tore through the whole series in less than a week.

classicalzawa wrote:
Ok, as for your list as is:
I'm definitely betting on Ooku and Wandering Son going oop in the future. Bride's Story is a good possibility too, but the Vertical podcast did point out that it's selling well. Possibly because everyone is afraid of an Emma repeat. As for Ooku, well almost all the other Yoshinaga stuff is oop, I would especially expect it of one written entirely in Fakespeare, limiting its audience even lower I'd bet.

I like Ōoku: The Inner Chambers a lot, but I wasn't hurrying because I have my fingers in more ongoing pies than I like. I guess the premise and dubious stylistic choices of the translation work against my taking my time.

I'm not too worried about Wandering Son, although I'm almost certain that it's not selling all that well. I should at least hope that I get those next three volumes that I 'subscribed' to.

classicalzawa wrote:
I assume you know Nausicaa is getting a new omnibus soon

Yes indeed. I might have forgotten to put it on the list if I hadn't noticed that, so as high a priority as it earned, I'll definitely wait for the new release.

classicalzawa wrote:
I wouldn't wait on Paradise Kiss, not if you have any hope for Gokinjo Monogatari maybe getting licensed.
With the Light is already going oop I believe, I'd get on that
I hear No Longer Human isn't a huge seller, I'd get that sooner

Oy, my taste in manga is a real pain in the ass. Why couldn't I like Naruto and Bleach? Nevermind; I'd rather gouge my own eyes out with a rusty iron spike than figure out how to deal with those.

Thanks for the warning. I'm not really up on this kind of thing. (It was ultimately just the dumb luck of noticing this thread that led me to buy Twin Spica)

classicalzawa wrote:
If you get Saikano on eBay in one big bundle it's not as wildly expensive, whole series show up for around $80 every other month or so, believe it or not.

That's be handy. I often forget about eBay. I had thought that SaiKano would be harder got get for some reason, but it seems fairly attainable. (I also thought that it was much longer than it is... I am clearly not a reliable person)

Alan45 wrote:
@ Surrender Artist

OK, you are good on Appleseed, you need to check your editions of Dominion and make sure that one of them has the story Phantom of the Audience it is at the end of the current (fourth) edition of Dominion. It takes place between the two series and was not included in the original trades.

I just looked at my copy of Dominion Tank Police and "The Phantom of the Audience" is in it.

Alan45 wrote:
Since you like Shirow Masamune you should consider his art books. Intron Depot 1 through 4. Intron Depot and volume 2 were also available in digital form.

Available graphics

I don't think that I'll get those. I like his art well enough, but I'm not that interested on it alone without his stories full of idiosyncratically obsessive imaginary technical detail and odd goofiness.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:34 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
@Ortensia1980
I don't think I'd wait on Crest of the Stars, since its sequels, Banner of the Stars 1 and 2, are quickly going to go out methinks. I'd just jump on all three of those right now. For ages, Banner 1 was oop, but at some point it must've gotten another set made, so all three series have more than one Legends set, but that doesn't seem to make it any easier to find.

I had no idea that Crest and Banner are selling out fast so I'll see if I can find some money somewhere to buy those fast. And Toward the Terra is definitely going to be my next purchase. I've heard so many good things about it!

I'm another one of those people with rose coloured glasses. I'm passing up on Gurren Lagann because I'm convinced that some other company will pick it up one day.
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:00 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Yen Press rereleases Emma, considering they've done quite well with A Bride's Story and are releasing another volume of Kaoru Mori stuff next year, so I'm hoping that'll happen rather than trying to track down the CMX release.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:43 pm Reply with quote
edit

Last edited by Bright_Spear on Tue May 06, 2014 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know if I should buy up the King of thorn manga while its relativley cheap or will it get picked up by anyone else sometime in the future? I liked the movie and want to read the manga but it'll be like $90 to get them(in god knows what condition)
supercreep

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:
Don't know if I should buy Hellsing Ultimate 1-4 or just get 5-8. I already have the geneon release. All the special features seem the same on the new release.

Well, for me, it comes down to Blu ray. If I enjoy the show enough, I WILL upgrade to blu ray.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 83 of 132