• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dark Horse Adds Trigun Anthology, Evangelion Detective Manga

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Omg, FINALLY. I've been wanting to read Lone Wolf and Cub, but hate those teeny tiny books. Yay!
Scormio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Should pick up more stuff like OreImo (which I just bought today Very Happy )
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Oooh, Lone Wolf & Cub omnibuses, I want to check that out! Rent it when the library gets it, see if I wanna buy it then (I can't really blind buy stuff anymore).

First thing I've wanted to buy from Dark Horse in ages, I tend to get mad at them for abandoning stuff. Well, lesser sellers anyway. Then not reprinting the OOP vols of Eden when they continued, well no wonder it didn't sell super well, people couldn't get all of the older vols.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:00 am Reply with quote
That Trigun Anthology looks NICE! Cool
Hellfish

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:13 am Reply with quote
I am really liking that idea of the Trigun Anthology.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:49 am Reply with quote
I've been praying for a unflipped omnibus re-release of Lone Wolf and Cub. I guess half of my wish will come true. (Yeah, I don't expect them to unflip it.)

The Trigun omnibus is old news for those who follow solicitations. Never hurts to announce it formally, of course.
trilaan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:53 am Reply with quote
A Trigun short story anthology manga!?!?!?!? I want it nooooooooow! FANGASM!!!!!!!
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:15 am Reply with quote
I hate to admit it, but Im morbidly curious to see that Detective shinji thing Anime hyper

Might check out Lone Wolf and Cub too though
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:55 am Reply with quote
How on earth could I have forgotten they are releasing Trigun omnibuses?! Silly me...
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:05 am Reply with quote
ooh, see I've got about 14 of the teeny timy lone wolf and cub books but i think i'll send em all to the top shelf and pick up these new releases.

and yay trigun, will have me that too.
ninja noir

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:07 am Reply with quote
I have the first two volumes of the teeny Lone Wolf & Cub manga about 4-7 years ago. I liked it, but the teeny-ness was a factor in deciding not to get any more. Will pick the omnibuses up for sure. Smile

Those tiny books don't really "fit in" with the rest of my collection.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote
Here's hoping Shinji Ikari Detective Diary is as entertaining as Campus Apocalypse, or is at least better than Shinji Ikari Raising Project. Heck, it feels any Eva spin-off would be.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:55 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Lone Wolf and Cub will be in a new, larger format that is roughly 5 by 7 inches.

Thank goodness. Anime cry
My local comic book store has most of the early 2000 volumes but they were sooooo tiny. I'll pre-order it once it's available.

Quote:
Takumi Yoshimura's Neon Genesis Evangelion: Shinji Ikari Detective Diary takes place in an alternate world where Kaworu Nagisa and Kaiji Ryoji are private eyes and Shinji Ikari seeks them out for help

Someone has been watching/reading Future Diary. Wink

But since this premise just screams Kaworu X Shinji fanservice, I'm simply entitled to read it. ^___^

And yay! Reprint of Trigun. I'll check it out too!
Rebmastu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote
Oh, good gravy. Keep your expectations low for the Eva detective story. I was following that while I still had my subscription to Asuka and it was a dismal, dismal disappointment. The art is GOD awful and Kaworu is literally the only character who looks halfway decent because he's been transformed into this uber generic bishounen. The story? What story....

On the other hand, I'm surprised they didn't mention the role the Evangelion play in this series. spoiler[Shinji, Kaworu, Asuka, and Rei summon them using talisman-like things, but the Eva are given human forms. Fetish-pandering bishounen human forms, which I would be ABSOLUTELY fine with if they did a damn thing other than float around looking... really, really stupid.]

Anyway, I respect Dark Horse's right to license whatever they want, but they should not have picked this one up. Just because it's under the Evangelion label does not make it ANY good. I just question whether they looked at the series itself or licensed it based on property power, because imho, this should NEVER see an English release, it's just that bad.

Then again, people of course have the right to read it and see for themselves. I'm just saying, keep your expectations low. Bedrock low. [/spoiler]
_V_

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:35 am Reply with quote
This is more of the kind of Eva spinoff stuff I'd like to see: things that are so obviously alternate-universe (I mean, a detective story) that people don't confuse it with the original series. As opposed to dating-romance manga adapting ....dating simulator games (ack), but which are set in "Tokyo-3" so people sort of think the real characters are like that (no, Rei Ayanami does not want to be your anime waifu)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2