Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Schoolgirl/Tank Anime Girls und Panzer


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
getchman
He started itHe started it


Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Posts: 5619
Location: Cheshire, CT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:21 pm Reply with quote
this intrigues me. i may end up watching solely for the tanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
mgosdin



Joined: 17 Jul 2011
Posts: 399
Location: Kissimmee, Florida, USA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Pretty Girls and Tanks, what's not to like? Very Happy

Mark Gosdin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Misopup



Joined: 30 Sep 2012
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Excellent!
I was hoping somebody'd pick this show up!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blood-
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 13436
Location: Toronto, Canada

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Well, Sentai has Upotte!!, a show about girls who are assault rifles, so it only stands to reason they'd pick up a title about girls who drive tanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
StormSky92



Joined: 02 Jan 2012
Posts: 316

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Well, Sentai has Upotte!!, a show about girls who are assault rifles, so it only stands to reason they'd pick up a title about girls who drive tanks.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikeski



Joined: 24 Sep 2009
Posts: 371
Location: Minneapolis, MN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Next season, we get the show about girls + military-grade explosives.

spoiler[they're all tsundere.]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
N.R.



Joined: 22 Oct 2010
Posts: 232

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Is anybody else worried about Sentai licensing everything that is being announced as of late? It's not very safe to license all of these new shows before they even air. They might end up like ADV - the company that closed because it invested years in advance in series that ended up being bad sellers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shenl742
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 1244

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Mikeski wrote:
Next season, we get the show about girls + military-grade explosives.

spoiler[they're all tsundere.]


I guess it will be a very short series...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mgosdin



Joined: 17 Jul 2011
Posts: 399
Location: Kissimmee, Florida, USA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:45 pm Reply with quote
N.R. wrote:
Is anybody else worried about Sentai licensing everything that is being announced as of late? It's not very safe to license all of these new shows before they even air. They might end up like ADV - the company that closed because it invested years in advance in series that ended up being bad sellers.


The difference is that these series all stream first before Sentai commits to a physical release. So, they have a fair idea how the property will do and either go slow & low-cost sub on dvd or higher-cost dub on blu-ray.

I don't think they will repeat ADV's errors. That doesn't mean they won't find all-new errors to make.

Mark Gosdin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
firedragon54738



Joined: 24 Sep 2007
Posts: 2058
Location: wisconsin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Sigh I was hoping Funi would get this one

Dam Sentai save some for the other companies
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dtm42



Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 11999
Location: NZL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quote
So does Sentai get these titles in bulk licenses? As in, they negotiate to get multiple licenses at once in a package deal with a lower cost per license than if they were licensed separately?

Just seems weird that they'd license so many at once.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
JohnnySake



Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 541
Location: Auburn Hills, MI

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:25 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Just seems weird that they'd license so many at once.


And that they license these shows before they have even been released. I hope it works for them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dtm42



Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 11999
Location: NZL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Well maybe they don't have to pay a very large fee until (and unless) they decide to go ahead with releasing the show on home video. They might have just paid a small interim fee to secure the option.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
kanechin



Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Posts: 331

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:38 pm Reply with quote
News-Sentai Filmworks adds more debt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
partially



Joined: 14 Oct 2007
Posts: 253
Location: Oz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quote
mgosdin wrote:
N.R. wrote:
Is anybody else worried about Sentai licensing everything that is being announced as of late? It's not very safe to license all of these new shows before they even air. They might end up like ADV - the company that closed because it invested years in advance in series that ended up being bad sellers.


The difference is that these series all stream first before Sentai commits to a physical release. So, they have a fair idea how the property will do and either go slow & low-cost sub on dvd or higher-cost dub on blu-ray.

I don't think they will repeat ADV's errors. That doesn't mean they won't find all-new errors to make.

Mark Gosdin


You missed that they have already committed themselves to a 2013 home video release, so they have paid or at least made downpayment of home video licence already. It would be silly of them not to release at this point, unless the show is absolutely terrible, in which case they just need to overmarket it... like Funi and Master of Martial Hearts Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group