• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kokoro Connect BDs/DVDs to Use Different Opening Theme

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dimlos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:53 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
The main cause of the issue is several people in authority positions abusing that authority to terrorize a subordinate.
Sadly, not an uncommon thing.
yu3lora

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:33 am Reply with quote
Jeez.. In my opinion, its not really necessary to change the opening theme since its lovely. Rolling Eyes But well, thats business, its a good choice though.
Kinda sad since this series is sooo.......... Awesomely good, it can hit the top chart. But because of a very unprofessional action of some of the staff, that chances became zero and they almost kill it. Crying or Very sad
Why did KyoAni didn't adopt it.. *sigh*Crying or Very sad
I hope someone could re-animate it someday.. Neutral
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:23 am Reply with quote
No wonder the BDs/DVDs were delayed! Laughing

Oh well, people who are sticklers for "no edits" are screwed!
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:51 am Reply with quote
I figured something like this was up when they suddenly switched OPs for the last two episodes.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:00 am Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
I figured something like this was up when they suddenly switched OPs for the last two episodes.

Ditto. The last 2 could have possibly still be being worked on when the whole mess hit the public eye, or something.
why no guest post option?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:56 am Reply with quote
I thought this was a minor controversy,like they said,there's always 70% failure rate on every stunts.

I think they'll use the tv anime second op on all episodes,thought it was pointless to make a second op for only 2 episodes,shame coz I like the first op more than the new one.

Good anime with average drama,pre-ordered the game,wish the sales will not be affected or no fans boycotting lol.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:11 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Wakazhi wrote:
Consumers should not have this much influence and pressure on somebody else's work.

On the contrary; it's a company's job to provide a product for the consumer. The consumer should always be the one in control of the market. That's generally what the idea behind things like boycotts are.

While I agree that costumers should have influence on what they buy, why punish the rest of the production stuff? The ones that started this mess was the PR team of Kokoro Connect. It is not fair that other members of the stuff, who were not involved in this mess, are going to pay for the mistakes of others if Kokoro Connect releases are boycotted.

If I am not mistaken in one of the last ANNCasts Zac commented that some people in Japanese online forums were threatening members of the Kokoro Connect team. I appreciate that Japanese otaku finance our beloved anime, but that should not give them the right to abuse and threaten anyone online.
Sparvid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:31 am Reply with quote
mgosdin wrote:
Don' think they have a choice. Hajime Kikuchi / eufonius may have had the right to pull approval for use of the original opening theme. If so, then that's it and the production has to scramble to find a replacement.

I don't know how the contracts for these things work, but it sounds very strange if the artist has the ability to pull their material so close to the disc printing stage, and just leave the delays and replacement issues for the producers to deal with.

But I don't know, maybe they spent a whole bunch of cash buying back the rights, or something.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:35 am Reply with quote
From the looks of it, any chance of this show entering Season 2 has [sadly] been officially demolished. It seems that the production staff of Kokoro Connect (Kokoro Konekuto) is finally enduring the repurcussions of their horrifically performed publicity stunt in which one of their employees was made a victim out of. How very disheartening indeed, since I found Kokoro Connect to be a very interesting show to watch. Sad

Last edited by Mr. Oshawott on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reaper gI

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Sparvid wrote:
mgosdin wrote:
Don' think they have a choice. Hajime Kikuchi / eufonius may have had the right to pull approval for use of the original opening theme. If so, then that's it and the production has to scramble to find a replacement.

I don't know how the contracts for these things work, but it sounds very strange if the artist has the ability to pull their material so close to the disc printing stage, and just leave the delays and replacement issues for the producers to deal with.

But I don't know, maybe they spent a whole bunch of cash buying back the rights, or something.

Japanese copyright law (like most countries) gives the creator the right to control the sale of their work.
Unlike over here they don't just have this right in theory (it's nearly always contracted over to the publisher in the west), it's kept by the original artist.

The original point of copyright law was to be able to do just this; to ban your publisher from selling your work if you feel they have messed it up.
Meygaera

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Well to be honest, I didn't really like the first opening theme. In fact the only good one is the 2nd ending theme.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
The main cause of the issue is several people in authority positions abusing that authority to terrorize a subordinate.

I wouldn't call 2ch and 4chan "several people in authority positions" and probably wouldn't call the people at Silver Link a subordinate either.

The main issue is idiots like you who keep propagating this farce of a lie despite word coming from Ichiki's mouth himself that he never felt he was terrorized or abused and that the videos shown by the mob were edited. Stop making yourself look stupid and understand that you were foolishly swept away by idiots trying to cause chaos. See the section titled "Ichiki's Statement" here if you never even bothered to read the words coming from the one who the mob were supposedly so upset about.
hpulley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Would be sad if this was the reason why they didn't make more anime of this great story. I am reading the light novels anyways because the suspense is killing me. Michi Random is good! Asu Random first book arrives today Smile
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

I wouldn't call 2ch and 4chan "several people in authority positions" and probably wouldn't call the people at Silver Link a subordinate either.

Holy shit. You didn't just...

Quote:
The main issue is idiots like you who keep propagating this farce of a lie despite word coming from Ichiki's mouth himself that he never felt he was terrorized or abused and that the videos shown by the mob were edited. Stop making yourself look stupid and understand that you were foolishly swept away by idiots trying to cause chaos. See the section titled "Ichiki's Statement" here if you never even bothered to read the words coming from the one who the mob were supposedly so upset about.

You did. Jesus.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Yep. Words from the individual himself. So many people swept away by the waves of idiocy that they never even bothered to hear from the most important person of all in this cacophonous event. Just leaves you speechless and without rebuttal, doesn't it? It's hard to counter the very words of the person who was allegedly mistreated without sounding like a lunatic with a tinfoil hat on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5