• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime on Demand Adds To Love-Ru -Trouble- Darkness

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:04 am Reply with quote
as this has the UK tag i have to ask is this show even legal in the UK?
yurixhentai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:12 am Reply with quote
LOL, really? I never thought they would air something like that here. Amazing.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:59 am Reply with quote
Well it's not really being aired just streamed.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:22 am Reply with quote
It doesn't have to be BBFC rating to stream here, although it does have to comply with the same rules. It will almost certainly be censored as most fanservice titles are on Japanese broadcast TV these days, and I don't know about you, but I don't yet know exactly how "bad" it will be since I haven't seen it yet (bearing in mind that many a title based on explicit H-games has been released in the UK with no problems)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
It doesn't have to be BBFC rating to stream here, although it does have to comply with the same rules. It will almost certainly be censored as most fanservice titles are on Japanese broadcast TV these days, and I don't know about you, but I don't yet know exactly how "bad" it will be since I haven't seen it yet (bearing in mind that many a title based on explicit H-games has been released in the UK with no problems)

well depends what channel they're broadcast on like AT-X and as for the titles that were based off of eroge it's not really the same as something based off of what you'd normally call a doujin type manga.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:26 am Reply with quote
Having read the manga, if that isn't censored as it is in the anime adaptation, our stream will probably be that of a censored airing.

Sort of like when AoD streamed R-15. We received the censored version and the same with Crunchyroll's stream of "So I Can't Play H", that was a censored airing too.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:58 am Reply with quote
That's why I said "broadcast" rather than "subscription".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
To Love-Ru -Trouble-

Egad! A tautology!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1