• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight Fall 2012

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
misssnark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:36 am Reply with quote
The Fall 2012 Anime Preview Guide links to the Fall 2012 Spotlight page but that page does not exist. (animenewsnetwork.com/anime-spotlight/2012/fall/)

Is the page not up yet (will it be up eventually?) or is the link wrong?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:57 am Reply with quote
The links listed on that page are the individual shows featured in the spotlight. Each has its own location.
misssnark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote
Am not sure I understand what you mean. The link I am referring to is the one in this sentence: "For a rundown of all the new shows to expect this season, check out our list here."

Usually (previous seasons) this would be one page with short blurbs about all the new shows of the season. Am not looking for individual show pages, just a general overview of the season.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:40 pm Reply with quote
The second link you provided in your first post goes to a page that says "sorry" but it has a link to each of the shows in the Fall Spot Light. It could have been done better but they are all there. It doesn't appear they got a lot of material this year.

I have not yet found a page listing all the upcoming shows, that would have been posted somewhat earlier. However the "Spotlight" is pages on individual shows.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:53 pm Reply with quote
The link is still clearly a mistake, that page is an error page. The only reason it displays links to the individual spotlights is because they have similar urls. It's doing this automatically in case someone mistyped a url. It's not what's supposed to be there.

This is the type of thing that is supposed to be there (this page is from the summer). It's not just a page for the spotlight shows, it's a page for ALL the shows, with links to spotlights for those that have them.

Maybe ANN's staff was so busy this season that they didn't have time to make a similar page, but including a link to a page that doesn't exist is still kind of odd.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:28 pm Reply with quote
misssnark wrote:
Is the page not up yet (will it be up eventually?) or is the link wrong?

Not up yet; it will be up eventually.

UPDATE: There, it's up now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1