Forum - View topic
Neon Alley General

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadarakiFran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Neon Alley General

Welcome! This thread is for general discussion of Neon Alley. Feel free to talk about the network, shows, anime in general, or what's showing on Neon Alley right now.

Helpful Links

Social Media
Connect to Neon Alley on Facebook and Twitter.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:48 am Reply with quote
The service is pretty neat. Just tune in when something you like comes on. The Blue exorcist dub is very well done. Bryce Papenbrook's Rin is very good. Especially Kirk Thornton's Shiro.

Nura also has pretty good cast. Grant George sounds cool and calm as Night Rikuo. All in all I'll gladly pay
MadarakiFran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I really like the manga for both Nura and Blue Exorcist, but I haven't seen the anime at all. I guess they're both coming on again right now so I'll check 'em out.

There's already a few differences between the manga with Blue Exorcist. It's not super problematic to not be 100% the same, but I was wondering how well they stack up to the manga.

Voice actors seem pretty good. Don't usually watch anime dubbed... Is that JYB as Yukio?
TigerC10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:47 am Reply with quote
MadarakiFran wrote:
Voice actors seem pretty good. Don't usually watch anime dubbed... Is that JYB as Yukio?

Yes it is, I'd know Johnny anywhere since I was such a Power Rangers nut back in the day.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nhat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:20 am Reply with quote
I think having animenewsnetwork hosting the forum is a really good idea. This will definitely get the word out faster.
mooserocka

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:12 pm Reply with quote
I like this its like the funimation network i always wanted on my cable but only got sucky on demand. Its only viz shows but hey its not bad. The only thing i hate is you gotta wait a WHOLE week for a new episode to come for a HALF HOUR EPISODE. And they rerun that episode for a week with only like 8 series to start with. should of had more series but i will give it a chance.
MadarakiFran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:58 pm Reply with quote
It's not only Viz shows. They have One Piece, which is a Funi license. Hopefully we'll be able to see more licensed titles from Funi and SFW (and maybe some of Bandai's old titles? That'd be great...)

When I first got Funimation channel, it was a lot like Neon Alley is now. Mostly reruns all week long. They were more like one episode on a day, then the next episode on the next day. That's something they'll probably be able to do once they show more episodes of these shows.

Fios dropped Funimation though, and only offers the monthly subscription to the Anime Network OnDemand, which is way more than Neon Alley costs.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:52 am Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
The service is pretty neat. Just tune in when something you like comes on. The Blue exorcist dub is very well done. Bryce Papenbrook's Rin is very good. Especially Kirk Thornton's Shiro.

Nura also has pretty good cast. Grant George sounds cool and calm as Night Rikuo. All in all I'll gladly pay

Yeah I really liked both of these dubs a lot in their premieres. I was so looking forward to the BE one and that show finally getting dubbed too so I was probably going to be tough on it, can't wait to hear more. Agreed on Rin and Shiro. I'm looking forward to more from JYB's Yukio. Also on the minor role side I thought the casting for the cranky store manager (Wendee Lee, I could hear the awesome bossy Yoruichi in there, lol) and the "retro designed" priest assistant (Tony Oliver) were spot on too. Loved both of them.

Yeah I thought he was very good in Nura and I liked Yuki-Onna and the big guy's voices too, as well as the classmates including the guy who voiced the kid who's idea it was to go in the haunted building (Kiyotsugu I think) who was really a lot of fun in there, along with Kana's VA, who I guess is new, who I thought did great in the opening ep and made her sound very likeable and not grating or annoying which could have easily happened.

And the T&B one is shaping up to be fantastic judging by the first ep which ofcourse showed a bunch of the characters, loved all the heroes that got to really talk and Kaede and Agnes, and the guy who did Jet from Bebop for Ben was great too. Also, just like in the teasers, the announcer voice was soooo brilliantly cast, I couldn't stop grinning.
Chii85

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I will love see Viz add Neuro - Supernatural Detective and Katekyo Hitman Reborn to the Neon Alley service.
MadarakiFran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Gintama would be good too.

I'd like to see dubs for Hitman Reborn and the new Hunter x Hunter on there. That'd be great.

Anyways, it's movie time!
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:23 pm Reply with quote
MadarakiFran wrote:
It's not only Viz shows. They have One Piece, which is a Funi license. Hopefully we'll be able to see more licensed titles from Funi and SFW (and maybe some of Bandai's old titles? That'd be great...)

No, but One Piece is a top selling manga for them...which is why they would want to be able to play the show, they already streamed it. That's the same with Blue Exsorist, it's one of their better selling manga properties.

Now...for them to put D.Gray-man on their TV service, that would help bring over the rest of the series into the states (damn Denstu giving Funimation issues in getting the rest.) I wouldn't expect Viz to get too much anime, unless it has to do with one of the manga they own and other random titles they license.
MadarakiFran wrote:
Gintama would be good too. I'd like to see dubs for Hitman Reborn and the new Hunter x Hunter on there. That'd be great.

I wouldn't expect Gintama to get dubbed, since Sentai owns it and they have no plans to dubs the series and don't forget, Viz even dropped the manga. And Viz got out bidded for the 2011 remake for Hunter x Hunter, but whoever got it, I'm sure Viz will put it on their series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Viz could have been talking about Cruncyroll who probably outbid them for the digital rights.
Divineking

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
Viz could have been talking about Cruncyroll who probably outbid them for the digital rights.

I heard from someone that Funimation said at a con that someone had the rights when they where asked about it, so it may really be licensed after all.
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:42 pm Reply with quote
MadarakiFran wrote:

I'd like to see dubs for Hitman Reborn and the new Hunter x Hunter on there. That'd be great.

Aww no fans for the new POT or JoJo eh? Either way, we're always looking for more shows to add each season. If those shows get dubs give us the heads up and we'll talk to FUNi, or Aniplex or who ever else owns them.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Neon Alley Moderator wrote:
MadarakiFran wrote:

Aww no fans for the new POT or JoJo eh? Either way, we're always looking for more shows to add each season. If those shows get dubs give us the heads up and we'll talk to FUNi, or Aniplex or who ever else owns them.

If you guys got JoJo that would be lovely
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4