• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What anime character do you think is the most like you?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quote
This can mean a lot of things, like which one looks the most like you, which one you act the most like, etc. (Oh and Manga characters count as well.)

In the case of Manga I'm a combination of two characters from my favorite Manga, "Yotsuba&!" I'm like Yotsuba because I try my best to see the positive in everything and enjoy everything. But I'm also a lot like Fuka as well, I'm the middle child of two siblings ( I'm a twin but I still see myself as the older sister), I have an older sister who picks on me constantly and I try hard to be funny when I really am not, I'm the same age as she is and I used to have a T shirt collection like she does. People also see me as a resonably good person that they wish their kids acted more like me, ( Ok I only had one person who actually said that but they do think of me as a good influence.)

In anime characters I'd have to say I'm a lot like Canada from Hetalia, I try hard to stand out but people still forget about me, I try getting into conversations but when I ask someone if they heard me they'd usually reply "Oh I wasn't paying attention" or something simular like that, I also get mistaken for my twin sister everyday, just like Canada gets mistaken for America.

So, who do you think are the most like? I'm very excited to hear your responces and reply's! Very Happy
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:12 pm Reply with quote
The character I most personally identify with is Tanpopo from Yuu Watase's manga Imadoki. She always tries her best to be positive but also has a pretty realistic world view. In her own way, she's actually one of the strongest characters I've seen, when it comes to the core of her being.

In anime, I identify with Michiru/Sailor Neptune from Sailor Moon a fair amount as well, though I only wish I could be as refined as she is.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Ever see Uzuki from Happy Lesson?

Say hello to my clone. Anime hyper

I identify with Konata as well....but Konata's actually a little too tomboyish....and I certainly wouldn't ever have the desire to play an (male-oriented) H-game. As far as Uzuki's appearance,taste, fashion preferences, personality, and hobbies go, I'm much more like her.
DomonX2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:20 am Reply with quote
As much as I loathe using the term 'anime' to refer ONLY to Japanese cartoons/characters, I'll just say I'm like Olba Frost. I'm handsome, hotheaded and serious.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:59 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

I identify with Konata as well....but Konata's actually a little too tomboyish....and I certainly wouldn't ever have the desire to play an (male-oriented) H-game. As far as Uzuki's appearance,taste, fashion preferences, personality, and hobbies go, I'm much more like her.

It has been much too long since I have seen the series.....
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:04 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
Chiibi wrote:

It has been much too long since I have seen the series.....

Lol, well....to refresh, Uzuki-chan is a petite, blonde, optimistic, cosplaying, pink-wearing anime/manga-loving art teacher. Anime hyper

http://myanimelist.net/character/7638/Uzuki_Shitenno

I don't professionally teach but everything else fits! We're so similar it's actually a little bit scary. o___O

Last edited by Chiibi on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi--

I have been wondering for the longest time now -- did you make up your avatar? Or did you copy it from somewhere? If you typed up the words, then you have my respect!
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:11 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
Chiibi--

I have been wondering for the longest time now -- did you make up your avatar? Or did you copy it from somewhere? If you typed up the words, then you have my respect!

Ahahaha Anime hyper

I took the screenshot, cropped the image, AND typed the words. Anime hyper
I almost always make my own avatars.
Thank you for the compliment! :3
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:03 pm Reply with quote
I haven't encountered any anime characters who matched my personality and appearance. Best I could do is say Yuichi Aizawa from Kannon (2006) if he was ten years older and you gave him a mustache and beard.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Any anime that featured me as a character would be so resoundingly panned that it wouldn't even make it to the bootleg streaming market. It would be suppressed by the pirate sites that would for the first time realize that even they have limits of tolerance for free expression. Then it would become the model for a cult that would be reviled by every national and local government that encountered it. The ayatollahs of the world would issue a fatwa, then declare jihad and in desperation put aside their differences with the jews to make a common cause to bring about the eradication of such an anime.

So no, I don't think I have seen such a character.
rheiders

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:13 am Reply with quote
I think I'm also a lot like Canada, but my friends actually call me Egypt, so I guess that'd be the character most like me xD Quiet, artistic, barely noticed even by the author...The only thing that's wrong is that I don't really have any desire to hit Italy with a stick. Though, considering that this was WW2 Italy...Yeah, I think it all fits, actually.

In all seriousness, I actually always really related to Yuki Sohma from Fruits Basket (specifically the manga). I'm not rich, I don't turn into a cute little mouse whenever a guy hugs me, and I don't have a long and painful history of spoiler[being psychologically tortured], but a lot of the emotions he deals with in the series, as well as the development he eventually goes through, mirrors my life in middle and high school almost disturbingly closely.
Observe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:05 am Reply with quote
ryoko. Because even tho she's a female I can relate to her. Wilding out, causing chaos, hi jacking vehicles, evading the police, down to fight, drinking, getting over on the system, and acting crazy.

Or at least that was me in my younger days.

Last edited by Observe on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:54 am Reply with quote
Gendou Ikari. We look alike, we have the same callous indifference, evil glare and figure posturing when we're plotting. We even both don't care that much for Shinji Ikari.

I'm smarter but nobody's perfect.
Riddley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:29 pm Reply with quote
rheiders wrote:
I think I'm also a lot like Canada, but my friends actually call me Egypt, so I guess that'd be the character most like me xD Quiet, artistic, barely noticed even by the author...The only thing that's wrong is that I don't really have any desire to hit Italy with a stick. Though, considering that this was WW2 Italy...Yeah, I think it all fits, actually.

In all seriousness, I actually always really related to Yuki Sohma from Fruits Basket (specifically the manga). I'm not rich, I don't turn into a cute little mouse whenever a guy hugs me, and I don't have a long and painful history of spoiler[being psychologically tortured], but a lot of the emotions he deals with in the series, as well as the development he eventually goes through, mirrors my life in middle and high school almost disturbingly closely.

That's the thing...there's a "you" who you present to others, a "you" that you feel you are yourself, and a "you" that others view you as being. It's actually a really interesting discipline of personality development and profiling.

But I digress...I think about the best any of us can do is talk about who we most identify with in an anime or manga. In my case, I haven't found a character yet that really hit me as someone I most identify with. On some level I identify with a lot of various characters. If I was pushed though, I would probably say Taichi from Kokoro Connect, and Taichi from Chihayafuru with a bit of Kyon from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya mixed in.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Are there any anime characters who are incredibly sarcastic, generallly good guy but plays small pranks or teases, usually involving sarcastic remarks. Generally nice, but antisocial to the point I have trouble even going to the shops, I sweat and get anxious from talking to telemarketers. The closest I can think of is a mix of Yuuichi from Kanon (2006) if I am feeling comfertable, otherwise I can be like Yuuki Nagato from The Dissapearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Yeah, I think they might seem like too different extremes, but it is a pretty good description.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2