• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Viz Media Anime Solicitations Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
Haha, they are actually still priced at $10. Anime hyper But I don't think so considering they kept going back and forth between "More Arriving Soon!" and "In Stock" since the sale first appeared. If they were trying to get rid of what they had in stock it wouldn't make sense to continuously order more sets to sell at $10 a box.

Not if it's Viz themselves getting rid of old stock, since I'm sure they have a warehouse for their things before shipping them out. And with the new sets coming into print, I doubt anyone is going to want to buy the other sets at the high price. Though...not sure why they didn't just reprice them like they're doing with everything else.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:23 am Reply with quote
It probably will be a thin pack >_> Makes me sad because it'll probably actually match The Final Act. Oh well, I already bought already the thicker packs. I wish I didn't lose the insert for S2 :/ Fell out apparently... Bugs me...
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:14 am Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
WTK wrote:

Huh.....I wonder if they are making it a slim case set.

via WBshop.com

Box Type: VIVA 5 Disc 15mm Case | Details

It should be similar to this below (ignore the color)

Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:52 am Reply with quote
Hmmm......I do like slimmer cases to help free up some shelf space. However, I am rather fond of my fat boxsets. Too bad it isn't a Blu-ray release as I would have definitely ordered it. I'll wait and see what the cover art looks like.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:58 pm Reply with quote
It still amazes me how back in the anime day of bricks, that those type of cases did not even exist. I'm staring at my MKR 2 economy box, where every little "door" only has 2 disks, and there are several doors. ... At least the thick Viz boxes look nice and presentable.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quote
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:03 pm Reply with quote
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:42 pm Reply with quote
via TRSI...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Cool. It's been a while since Viz has had a new release that I actually cared about.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:16 pm Reply with quote
What in the hell kind of prices are those? They look like Walmart prices where everything ends in 88 cents instead of 99 cents.
jsc315

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:00 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
What in the hell kind of prices are those? They look like Walmart prices where everything ends in 88 cents instead of 99 cents.

Also why is set 2 more expensive for the same exact of episodes as well as special features. I hate when companies do this just to make you spend more since you already have the 1st half. Really makes me not want to support a company or buy anything when they price gouge a product just for the sake of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:13 pm Reply with quote
jsc315 wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:

Also why is set 2 more expensive for the same exact of episodes as well as special features. I hate when companies do this just to make you spend more since you already have the 1st half. Really makes me not want to support a company or buy anything when they price gouge a product just for the sake of it.

Um, I'm not certain where you're seeing set 2. The two that WTK have linked above are for DVD and blu-ray versions of set 1.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jsc315

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:57 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:
jsc315 wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:

Um, I'm not certain where you're seeing set 2. The two that WTK have linked above are for DVD and blu-ray versions of set 1.

oops! I was tired. I retract my rant. Not sure what i was thining there Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:17 am Reply with quote

WTK wrote:
The 1st set is now up @ Amazon as well: DVD and Blu-ray.

Amazon.com has added the cover arts. Both formats now note episode 1 to 13 (instead of 12).
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 29