• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Risque Comedy Anime To Love-Ru Darkness

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
11G4GUNOT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:49 pm Reply with quote
OH YESS!!
pokenar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:53 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
pokenar wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
That's good and all, but I'll be waiting for the AT-X broadcast. I won't want Tien ruining more anime.

I have the motto one and it uncensored, I assume that since it is being streamed it will be uncensored, I could be wrong though, only a few hours and we will see.

You have the DVD, correct? That's of course going to be uncensored, who would want to sell a censored product in America? That also aired on AT-X two years ago, which is the version anyone intrigued should want to watch. CR, Sentai, FUNi, whomever the licensee may be, are typically given censored versions for their streams, whereas AT-X is a premium channel on Japanese TV, so they can air uncensored materials if they've received them from the studio.

In this case, I'll absolutely be waiting for that second airing. There's no value in watching this series censored, just like reading the manga censored would be equally pointless.

You are probably right of course, but a man can have hope right? anyways, i'l probably check it to see the opening and ending.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:04 pm Reply with quote
pokenar wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
If thats the case, its the first time I ever would have heard of an anime airing in America before Japan. Not that I'd call it impossible that it may be true, just I'd be very very surprised.

I for one won't complain.

It tends to provoke a rather bad reaction back in Japan when an episode leaks before the premiere. Now imaging if a simulcaster actually posted an episode before the premiere in Japan.

Expect TAN to change the premiere date to October 5.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:23 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
pokenar wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
If thats the case, its the first time I ever would have heard of an anime airing in America before Japan. Not that I'd call it impossible that it may be true, just I'd be very very surprised.

It tends to provoke a rather bad reaction back in Japan when an episode leaks before the premiere. Now imaging if a simulcaster actually posted an episode before the premiere in Japan.

Yeah, I could see some in Japan going "Oh cool, lets check it out before it airs here." Definitely won't be the uncensored version, but still.
pokenar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:29 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
pokenar wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

they got 2 and a half hours to announce the change.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:37 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
That's of course going to be uncensored, who would want to sell a censored product in America?

FUNimation with Dance in the Vampire Bund. Luckily, a strong fan outcry stopped their plans and they eventually released the uncensored version on home video.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:40 pm Reply with quote
pokenar wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:

I have a vague recollection of something like this happening once before with a TAN simulcast.

Crunchyroll has made this type of error before (announcing a simulcast time that before the first broadcast in Japan), but in the end, no episode was streamed before it was broadcast in Japan.
pokenar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
pokenar wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:

I have a vague recollection of something like this happening once before with a TAN simulcast.

Crunchyroll has made this type of error before (announcing a simulcast time that before the first broadcast in Japan), but in the end, no episode was streamed before it was broadcast in Japan.

I will personally just wait and see, if it is streamed at the time listed, awesome, if not, oh well, just another day away anyways.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Please license the OVAs. Anime cry

On unrelated note, please also license The Familiar of Zero Season 2 and 3. Sad
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quote
I dont get why the ova was never released? It has a couple of episodes that are kind of crucial story wise. It was more risque than the original but about on par with motto. I mean it just strikes me as an easy sell for sentai as an ova collection for like 20-30 bucks.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Kinda surprised about this but can't wait

Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:46 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
I don't get why the ova was never released? It has a couple of episodes that are kind of crucial story wise. It was more risque than the original but about on par with motto. I mean it just strikes me as an easy sell for sentai as an ova collection for like 20-30 bucks.

The OVAs aren't true OVAs. They were released as bundles with the manga. They are often not available to be licensed and even when they are, Sentai must generally deal with a different company and pay quite a bit of money. I was actually quite surprised they picked up the HoTD one, as its exceptionally rare for that to happen.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to seeing this after reading all the stories about how naughty the manga was/is.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:56 pm Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
Looking forward to seeing this after reading all the stories about how naughty the manga was/is.

It was always teasing in the Shounen Jump run, but since moving to another publication, Yabuki ramped the ecchi and the storyline in a cohesive direction. Even Rito's vulva-faceplants are commented on by the characters and something he has a knack for.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:09 pm Reply with quote
TAN indeed streamed it as scheduled. I just finished watching it at 9:05 EDT.

Unless the airing schedule in Japan changed recently, we have a new first: The first time a company streamed a simulcast before it was broadcast in Japan.

As expected, it is censored, but they didn't go overboard and censor every panty shot / upskirt.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3