• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Why did someone delete my post?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:38 pm Reply with quote
I made a somewhat lengthy post in the Preview Guide thread this morning and now it seems to be gone. I notice that one of the mods evidently did some major cleaning in there but I truly can't think why my post should have been removed. It had nothing to do with that whole "rape" controversy and there was nothing even remotely offensive or rule breaking about it. If there was a reason I'd like to know what it was.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Key requested people stay on topic, and while the the "Rape" controversy was part, the whole sub-discussion about the popularity and production of manga that resulted was also off-topic and dominating too much of the thread (which was not about the important of manga in Japan or even about manga at all).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Oh. Okay. That seems somewhat needless to me (I mean, I don't think the bit off off topic chatter not in regards to rape was causing any problems) but I guess it's your call. I do wish you guys would be clearer however. All Key actually said was...

Quote:
The business with the rape comment from My Little Monster has run its course, guys n' gals. I don't want to see this thread dragged down and sidetracked by people rambling on about what it implies about Japanese culture for several more pages, so let's put a moratorium on it for now.

My post in no way went against this. If you're taking the approach that there is to be no off topic discussion at all then I just wish you'd say so more explicitly before you start deleting posts. It's frustrating taking the time to type out a whole post and then finding it immediately deleted. Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1