• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New RightStuf.com Specials 10/4 - No matter where you are, everyone is connected

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:13 pm Reply with quote
They're later than I would like (technically, anything after four in the afternoon is later than I would like), but the Thursday specials are once again done and ready for your perusal! Have I managed to tempt your palate, or are you perhaps directing all your attention to our Funimation sale as it winds up its run?

So speaking of One Piece, as I was last week, today I got my latest toy, chibi arts Princess Shirahoshi! She is in all ways too adorable, and - bonus! - doesn't need her stand to recline on my desk with Megalo at her side. And if I should ever tire of her, Barnaby's head is going on her straight off, followed by, oh, let's see... I haven't checked if chibi arts and nendos are interchangable yet. Hmm, Vocaloid mermaids could be fun...

A Carnival of Savings - At Least 40% OFF Blu-ray & DVD Titles, Plus Merchandise From FUNimation!
Step right up and enter a carnival of savings with deals on DVDs, Blu-ray discs and merchandise from FUNimation! You'll find everything from the latest titles to returning fan favorites, including Deadman Wonderland, Hellsing, Serial Experiments Lain, Steins;Gate, Shakugan no Shana, Tenchi, Cat Planet Cuties and many, many more!

From now through October 8, take 40% OFF the retail prices of all DVDs, Blu-ray discs and merchandise from FUNimation. (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Win a copy of Junjo Romantica!
We just launched the restream of Junjo Romantica, Season 2 on our Nozomi Entertainment YouTube channel, and to celebrate we're offering one lucky anime fan a copy of the Junjo Romantica Season 1 DVD Collection. The box set contains the 12-episode first season and features Japanese audio and English subtitles, as well as the U.S. Season 1 trailer, clean opening and closing, TV spot, and DVD Commercials.

Contestants must be 17 or older, and I recommend also being into BL, or at least knowing what BL stands for. Razz To enter, just fill out the form here before the end of the day on October 10, 2012.

New Great Eastern Policy
Hey, have you noticed that occasionally Great Eastern products can take what seems like forever to come in? Yeah, we noticed that too, and Shawne doesn't like it when we can't get your orders to you right away because you're waiting on, say, a towel. In response, we're working on a system with GE to keep better track of stock levels and product availability. This means we'll be removing GE products from our store if we don't think we'll be able to get them in, and re-listing them later if we find out they've become available again.

Hopefully this will resolve the long wait times, and should be pretty transparent, but if you find yourself with any questions please feel free to ask in this thread (generalities) or contact Customer Care (specific orders).

Fight Child Slavery with Right Stuf and Compassionate Journeys
We're proud to announce a new program to allow fans to join us in supporting Compassionate Journeys, a non-profit organization that supports those who work to rescue and empower trafficked children in Ghana, West Africa. Please consider joining us as we support this very worthwhile cause.

Shawne set this up personally, so if anyone chooses to donate I know he'll be very happy. Myself, my favorite part about the charity is its goal to create a sustainable economy via farming to reduce the reliance on charity and its focus on the future, not just today.

We've added live chat!
See the link on the homepage. Just another way we're trying to be of assistance to you!

Was someone at Right Stuf totally awesome for you? Please let us know so we can reward our staff! We love happy customer e-mails - we are a service organization - so tell us about our service! What was good, what can be improved; we want to hear it!

Tell us how our packaging fared and how we did on your order here! Submit an image of how your shipment arrived! Best photos will be circulated around the office in admiration and/or shock as appropriate. Creative recycling is encouraged.

Looking for our best deals? Check out...
-Our Blind Box Bargains and other Cart Toppers! Great values to fill out your order and hit that free-shipping threshold!

-Shawne's Deals of the Day! You can buy any or all of the 12 deals every day. Just add your choices to your cart and go!

-The Bargain Bin and Adult Bargain Bin! New items added whenever Shawne cleans out his couch cushions-- er, finds new great bargains for our customers!

Free Shipping!
Free economy shipping is available to domestic customers for any pre-coupon total order over $49 and to Canadian customers for any pre-coupon total order over $250!

How to get our catalog!
You can download one for free or purchase a copy if your subscription has lapsed. The 2012 Catalog volume 3 is shipping now!

GREAT PRODUCT DEALS DAILY!
* Competitive everyday pricing of 25% off on books, DVDs, and Manga from most publishers - every day! Become a Got Anime member - your discount will stack to give you savings up to 33% off!
* USPS media and priority mail tracking - we drop off directly to the largest mail center in the Midwest! Enhanced Zip-city tracking and zone skipping into the postal system gets it to you sooner, too!
* GotAnime Member newsletters now online - with coupons you can use immediately!
* iPod Video Anime Trailers!
* Critical Mass iPod Video Anime Trailers!

Add us to your Firefox search bar!
When you visit our homepage, click on the dropdown for search options in the search box on the upper right corner of your browser. (Most likely you will have Google as your default search, so you'll see the Google "G" and then a down arrow where there is a dropdown.) You can then see a list of all of the search engine options that can be used in the search box. Click on "Add Rightstuf.com." Now you're ready to go! Just change the search engine to "Rightstuf.com" and key in anything on the site you'd like to search for. Enjoy!

Series Sites! Want to learn more about the titles from our production arm, Nozomi Entertainment? Check out these sites for great information, contests, and more! Most shows are also available on our Youtube channel!

Nozomi Home Page: nozomient.com
Lucky Penny Home Page: luckypennyentertainment.com (Under Construction)
Critical Mass Video Page: criticalmassvideo.com

Antique Bakery: antique.rightstuf.com
Aria: aria.rightstuf.com!
Astro Boy: astroboy.rightstuf.com.
Boogiepop and Others: boogiepop.rightstuf.com.
Boys Be..: boys-be.rightstuf.com.
Cool Devices: Cool Devices Series Site.
Dirty Pair TV Series: dirty-pair.rightstuf.com
Durarara!! www.durararausa.com
El Hazard: The Wanderers: elhazard.rightstuf.com
Gakuen Alice: gakuen-alice.rightstuf.com.
Gasaraki: gasaraki.rightstuf.com.
Gravitation: gravitation.rightstuf.com.
Irresponsible Captain Tylor: www.tylor.com.
Junjo Romantica: romantica.rightstuf.com
Kimba: kimba.rightstuf.com.
Lost Universe: lostuniverse.rightstuf.com.
Maria Watches Over Us: maria-sama.rightstuf.com
Martian Successor Nadesico: nadesico.rightstuf.com
Ninja Nonsense: ninja.rightstuf.com.
Piano: piano.rightstuf.com.
Rental Magica: rentalmagica.rightstuf.com Litebox editions now available
Rose of Versailles: rov.rightstuf.com
Shingu: Shingu.rightstuf.com.
Sound of the Sky (So-Ra-No-Wo-To): sound-of-the-sky.rightstuf.com
SuperGals: super-gals.rightstuf.com.
The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye: thethird.rightstuf.com.
ToHeart: toheart.rightstuf.com.
Toward the Terra: terra.rightstuf.com.
Utena: utena.rightstuf.com
Victorian Romance Emma: emma.rightstuf.com.

Boutique store for Yaoi Fans!
Everything Yaoi/BL/Shonen-Ai at Yaoianime.com!

Hints and Notes from Shawne:
Paperwork has arrived. Now to plan.
I love the classics!
This one is still a long shot. But I'm still working on it.

-- Fall is in the air.

-- Help those in need in Japan:
Visit www.redcross.org and donate to Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami, or text REDCROSS to 90999 to automatically make a $10 donation.

Donate to the Japan Society's Earthquake Relief Fund

Great ways to interact with the minions at Right Stuf! We're here to help!
Become a fan of Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment on Facebook!
Become a fan of the Dark Lord himself on Facebook!
Follow Right Stuf on Twitter!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Subscribe to our weekly updates and press release announcements! Anime information in your inbox!

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (Weekly Specials, Bargain Bins, Closeout items, and specialty Imports) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at www.rightstuf.com. Items on that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requirements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. So you say you read all the text, Jejune? Canceling or revising your order may effect its eligibility for the coupon. Coupons expire at 11:59pm Central Time on the date of expiration.

Thanks for your business from the entire Right Stuf team!

Would you like to see our newest news and newsletters, prettier than I can make them here? Click here!
manicli

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Hey I was wondering if you're going to have a section23 sale in the near future like say early next year? I missed the last one unfortunately.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:19 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts seems to know when the sales are. Apparently there's some topic that tracks these things on Mania.com or something like that.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Minion - The Prop Petite Plus figures have interchangeable bodies and heads, too.

Of course, I have never messed around with them or put guys in to girls' outfits.
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Minion - The Prop Petite Plus figures have interchangeable bodies and heads, too.

Of course, I have never messed around with them or put guys in to girls' outfits.
I never realized this! I don't have that many PPP but it's good to know that option is there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:58 am Reply with quote
manicli wrote:
Hey I was wondering if you're going to have a section23 sale in the near future like say early next year? I missed the last one unfortunately.

Sailor S wrote:
The King of Harts seems to know when the sales are. Apparently there's some topic that tracks these things on Mania.com or something like that.

Big studio sales go in four month cycles. I don't know when the last Sentai sale was, but if you made an order at the last one, just add four months and you have a rough estimate. They also seem to come shortly after Funimation sales, so there'll probably be one in a week or so.

Also, there's not a topic, there's just a table, that I can't find. Although I'm sure WTK has it bookmarked.......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gsilver

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:58 am Reply with quote
I do want to order the Panty and Stocking BD set, but I'm not sure what else to order to get free shipping. I already own most of the Funimation sets that I want by this point.
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:32 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:

Ha, those are great. Smile I did that with the Code Geass set. Lelouch looked kind of grumpy on CC's body, but Suzaku was stylin' in the Zero outfit.

Have you ever bought any nendo petits? Those are begging to be switched around. Death Note + Vocaloid = comedy gold.

gsilver wrote:
I do want to order the Panty and Stocking BD set, but I'm not sure what else to order to get free shipping. I already own most of the Funimation sets that I want by this point.

Assuming you're in the US and trying to get to $49, have you considered our cart toppers? Hi-chews are always a popular choice, and the strawberry ones are on sale this week. There's also the bargain bin, and if you really want a lot of options for things that cost $8-11 or less, you can use our advanced search (mouse over "store" on our front page and it's the first listing). Check the box next to price, and then type in 8.00 (or whatever other price) into the text field on the right.

Or, if you already have an order with us, you can contact our friendly customer care reps and just add the new blu-ray set onto an existing order. Or, we will very, very likely be having a new sale on Monday that will overlap with the Funi sale. You could wait and see if you want anything from that sale and make an order out of that. Or keep an eye on the Daily Deals. Or...

I don't like to pay for shipping, either. Smile
fireaxe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:19 am Reply with quote
RightStufSpecialsMinion wrote:

Me neither (points to location)... sigh... me neither... Sad
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
fireaxe wrote:

Me neither (points to location)... sigh... me neither... Sad

Yeah, we're sorry about that. Sad I obviously don't live in Canada, but importing from Japan is always tons of fun, especially if you're paying double shipping because you got stuck using a proxy on Yahoo Japan and there's the proxy's fee on top of that... We tried to hold off the jump as long as we could, which is why it went up that much all at once. Shawne's still looking into other options, but as things currently stand this was the only way we could continue to have a free shipping option for Canadians.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Well, one option would be for TRSI to allow me be the sole Canadian who still gets the $150 free shipping dealio and the hell with the rest of my countryfolk. That way I'm happy and TRSI can legitimately claim that UNDER CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES (the circumstances being me, of course) it ships to Canada for free at the $150 level.

I'm just putting that out there.
SeigiNoSenshi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote

New Great Eastern Policy

Glad to know something is happening with that. Not a good situation to order 2 shirts for a friend( and 2 for yourself), then to wait a month and a half and then say they're not coming at all.

I noticed one of them actually came in after being cancelled from my order, hoping I placed my order in time.
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
That way I'm happy and TRSI can legitimately claim that UNDER CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES (the circumstances being me, of course) it ships to Canada for free at the $150 level.

I think I know this game. Razz "Qualified borrowers" are eligible for 0% APR with no money down for 12 months, and prices start at just $1!

...Before anyone asks, no, we don't don't do "anime loans." But if you're interested in spending the equivalent of a Prius on Panty & Stocking blu-rays, give Shawne a call. Very Happy

SeigiNoSenshi wrote:
I noticed one of them actually came in after being cancelled from my order, hoping I placed my order in time.

While you should get an email telling you if it's either shipped or been canceled, please do feel free to contact Customer Care. They can look up your order and see exactly what's going on with it and answer any questions about items' statuses. Besides the usual methods of contact, we've got live chat available on weekdays from 9-4 central time, with all the convenience of email at the speed of the phone. Smile
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:09 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
manicli wrote:

Sailor S wrote:

Big studio sales go in four month cycles. I don't know when the last Sentai sale was, but if you made an order at the last one, just add four months and you have a rough estimate. They also seem to come shortly after Funimation sales, so there'll probably be one in a week or so.

Also, there's not a topic, there's just a table, that I can't find. Although I'm sure WTK has it bookmarked.......

I just checked my prior orders, the last Sentai sale was in early June (the date of my order was June 10). That was when I pre-ordered Clannad ~After Story~ on blu-ray (came out in July).
manicli

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:29 pm Reply with quote
OldCharlieStoletheHandle wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
manicli wrote:

Sailor S wrote:

I just checked my prior orders, the last Sentai sale was in early June (the date of my order was June 10). That was when I pre-ordered Clannad ~After Story~ on blu-ray (came out in July).

Awesome thanks Very Happy That means a Section23/Sentai sale will come soon Very Happy Well atleast that's what I'm hoping for.

Btw what are the chances of the same titles being discounted 2 years in a row during the Christmas sale? Has that ever happened before?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2