• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Reissues Original Inuyasha Series on DVD

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:31 pm Reply with quote
...But...aren't...these still readily available? They're a little pricey, yeah, but if the sets are readily available, they could just mark those down couldn't they?

That and, I'd be much happier to see them pump out Ranma 1/2 again, or re-release Video Girl Ai. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Seems like the same sets that were originally put out, only with the MSRP lowered. They've done this with the Death Note sets, too. Didn't think it'd warrant a news release (since Death Note's didn't).

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
...But...aren't...these still readily available? They're a little pricey, yeah, but if the sets are readily available, they could just mark those down couldn't they?

That and, I'd be much happier to see them pump out Ranma 1/2 again, or re-release Video Girl Ai. Confused

More like Maison Ikkoku. Sad (Got my set of the series, though!)
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
Seems like the same sets that were originally put out, only with the MSRP lowered. They've done this with the Death Note sets, too. Didn't think it'd warrant a news release (since Death Note's didn't).

Gyt Kaliba wrote:

More like Maison Ikkoku. Sad (Got my set of the series, though!)

The Death Note sets are CHEAPER now? Either every store I go to didn't get the message, or I don't even wanna know what they were before, since they're still a little too close to the $45 range for my tastes. Confused I've been waiting for forever for them to drop a little closer to the $30 range to nab them.

I've never read/seen Maison Ikkoku, but I'd give it a look, so I second that too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:11 am Reply with quote
I guess this explains why Right Stuf had all 7 seasons on sale for $10 a piece for a few weeks.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:19 am Reply with quote
Wow no Blu-ray? What a load. Well if they ever reissue Naruto i guess we wont get blu-rays. Viz really annoys me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:22 am Reply with quote
there is no bluray for Inuyasha. lol Not even in Japan. Final Act is a different story.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:51 am Reply with quote
Gyt Kaliba wrote:

The Death Note sets are CHEAPER now? Either every store I go to didn't get the message, or I don't even wanna know what they were before, since they're still a little too close to the $45 range for my tastes. Confused I've been waiting for forever for them to drop a little closer to the $30 range to nab them.

They probably didn't get the message, then: they retail for $25 a set now. The original MSRP was $70, I recall. (Too lazy to double-check, but they were most definitely $60 at the very least.)

Mario1234567 wrote:
Wow no Blu-ray? What a load. Well if they ever reissue Naruto i guess we wont get blu-rays. Viz really annoys me.

No Blu-Ray in Japan = no Blu-Ray in North America, except in rare circumstances. You should assume there won't be one unless a solicitation for such a release appears.

Makes you wonder how the Japanese agreed to FUNi's Fairy Tail BD release.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:54 am Reply with quote
If they're going to the trouble to re-release it, at least they could have combined them a bit for a smaller number of releases.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:19 am Reply with quote
I want ranma or 40 episodes of Lum for 20$.
The first season of inuyasha was good but towards the end it turned into the cockroach that wouldnt die...
vashna

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:24 am Reply with quote
I agree with a few of the other opinions expressed. Though I have a few DVDs I've collected that feature some of my favorite Inuyasha episodes, I honestly would have liked to see just the entire series collection or something. Then again, when a distributor does that I always feel left out if I've started to buy box sets and all of a sudden they release the entire series as a boxed set. I guess Viz is trying to please those who might have already collected some DVDs and want to finish out their set.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:43 am Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
I guess this explains why Right Stuf had all 7 seasons on sale for $10 a piece for a few weeks.

Which is why I'm grateful for this reissue. I snapped up all 7 during that sale. Would much rather have the originals at $10 each than the new ones whatever TRSI will be selling them at.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:06 am Reply with quote
I hope the UK releases get the same treatment because if you buy the first DVD set, a couple of the episodes are screwed up. The picture and the audio doesn't sync properly.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:44 am Reply with quote
@ Blood-

You do realize that the first couple seasons of InuYasha originally came out as singles, right? I'm not sure how far they took that as I gave up after the first season. Also the initial season sets came out with goodies in limited editions as well as the standard edition. Ya got to get them all. Laughing
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:15 am Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:

They probably didn't get the message, then: they retail for $25 a set now. The original MSRP was $70, I recall. (Too lazy to double-check, but they were most definitely $60 at the very least.)

Was this price change somewhat recent? I remember RS still had them for $40-ish last time I looked too, but now that I look again - $22.48 like you said.

Well, if nothing else these sets have led me to learn about this, so that's good news to me at least. Razz
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:26 am Reply with quote
Nice news for the reissues that are just in time to coincide with the long overdue Inuyasha: The Final Act release on Blu-ray/DVD but I wish that there would be new slimmer space saving packages to fit in with the reduced prices though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3