• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Risque Comedy Anime To Love-Ru Darkness

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:33 pm Reply with quote
I gotta say I'm pretty surprised they actually aired it before it aired in Japan. I wonder if theres gonna be a lot of Japanese downloading the rip of it. Its one of the most hyped series of season over there after all.
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:37 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I gotta say I'm pretty surprised they actually aired it before it aired in Japan. I wonder if theres gonna be a lot of Japanese downloading the rip of it. Its one of the most hyped series of season over there after all.

Nah, with huge light beams/glares in the first few minutes, I say they'll be waiting for the AT-X rips if they're going to download anything
SoraChanShadow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Come on sentai get the OVA.
pokenar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:16 pm Reply with quote
SoraChanShadow wrote:
Come on sentai get the OVA.

Wasn't the reason they don't get the OVAs already covered?
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:57 am Reply with quote
It was called to my attention that episode 1 at TAN has reverted to a placeholder and it now shows the premiere as October 5 (but at the same time: 9 PM EDT / 6 PM PDT).

The original announcement on the site of the October 4 start has not been modified or removed as of shortly before I posted this.

The damage has apparently been done, as it appears the first episode appeared to be already available via one of two fansub sites I checked. (I doubt it was confused with the OVA, as it was listed separately).

Since we are well into late on Friday night in Japan, I'm guessing we may not see the fallout over this until late Sunday here in the United States.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:24 am Reply with quote
Heh, I wonder if there will be any fallout from them posting the video before they were supposed to. I remember the last time a major site posted an episode early, there was a lot of controversy..

-edit- TAN has completely removed To Love Ru Darkness from its site. No news article, no anime page, nothing in the listings. This could be significant.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:20 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Heh, I wonder if there will be any fallout from them posting the video before they were supposed to. I remember the last time a major site posted an episode early, there was a lot of controversy..

-edit- TAN has completely removed To Love Ru Darkness from its site. No news article, no anime page, nothing in the listings. This could be significant.

What is sad is that they were warned beforehand, acknowledged the warning, and blew it off.

Last night before the simulcast started, I posted in their forum about the simulcast time being before the premiere in Japan, and the same person that posted the announcement there stating it would start on 10/4 replied:
Quote:
Nah, the hours are right, are you adjusting for Japan Time?

Our simulcast will go out as planned, as we have had our release dates and hours approved by the licensors. Thanks.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:28 am Reply with quote
If that is true, it could be Sentai in hot water then. Releasing anime episodes before the Japanese get it is something that Japanese companies don't take kindly to, so hopefully it doesn't hurt Sentais relationship with them in the futre.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:44 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Yeah, I noticed they don't even have their info page anymore. Wonder if their license was revoked, changed, or something else. It's not even a case of an accidental leak or someone delving into unsecured servers, they confidently and knowingly aired it at that time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3