• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Reissues Original Inuyasha Series on DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkPhoenixMishima

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:48 am Reply with quote
I'd suggest checking your local Wal Mart.
I'm seeing them go for about $10-15, I want to go closer to $10 but my memory is failing at the moment.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@ Blood-

You do realize that the first couple seasons of InuYasha originally came out as singles, right? I'm not sure how far they took that as I gave up after the first season. Also the initial season sets came out with goodies in limited editions as well as the standard edition. Ya got to get them all. Laughing

Laughing No thanks. I didn't even have any intention of collecting this title until TRSI practically started giving them away. Wink
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:38 am Reply with quote
well as long as they dont change the boxes im good (still got few to collect)
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:45 am Reply with quote
Lycosyncer wrote:
Nice news for the reissues that are just in time to coincide with the long overdue Inuyasha: The Final Act release on Blu-ray/DVD but I wish that there would be new slimmer space saving packages to fit in with the reduced prices though.

I agree. The box sets take a lot of space. I might buy Inuyasha if they came in regular size DVD cases.
Touma

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:51 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@ Blood-

You do realize that the first couple seasons of InuYasha originally came out as singles, right? I'm not sure how far they took that as I gave up after the first season.

All 167 episodes were released on singles. The singles had extras that were not included in the season sets. They were mostly art galleries and, most important to me, accurate dub credits.
I am glad that managed to find and buy all 55 volumes a few years ago, but I doubt that it would be worth the time and expense for most people.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Takuku

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
I hope the UK releases get the same treatment because if you buy the first DVD set, a couple of the episodes are screwed up. The picture and the audio doesn't sync properly.

What UK releases are you referring to? From what it looks like, they're not reprinting due to screw ups with the releases.
Raoh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:59 pm Reply with quote
The folks speaking of the RS sale in past tense are kind of wrong.

That sale is still going on. It also includes some of the movies, which are selling for $5.00 a piece. I bought up what I was missing last night.

A lot of it is not in stock, though. They're waiting on more from the manufacturer.
TaiChiChasers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:58 pm Reply with quote
I was actually very interested in getting Inuyasha on DVD a while back. I was going to pick up Deadman Wonderland but with Digimon and this, I'll have to forget that idea. Deadman was only 12 episodes anyway.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Was this price change somewhat recent? I remember RS still had them for $40-ish last time I looked too, but now that I look again - $22.48 like you said.

Well, if nothing else these sets have led me to learn about this, so that's good news to me at least. Razz

It was recent, but Viz has it so the retail price will change in a few months, it wasn't a change that happened on the spot, they have a planned date for it.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:51 pm Reply with quote
I would just be happy to own the original none edited copies of the whole series. I own the whole seven seasons and two movies of the original releases of Ranma 1/2 and both movies and love the whole set.

I own the first four seasons of the edited copies of Inuyasha.
Touma

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Catseyetiger wrote:
I own the first four seasons of the edited copies of Inuyasha.

I had never heard of editing in Inuyasha.
What was edited?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vashna

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:22 pm Reply with quote
I was under the impression there were edits for broadcast content when the series went on Adult Swim. If this were indeed true, it would be rather strange considering the times they were once showing Inuyasha at.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:57 pm Reply with quote
This is good news, I guess. Hopefully they will be slimmer, like the Ranma re-releases. Speaking of Ranma, where is a Ranma release at a decent price (the current releases were just discontinued), and when are you gonna release the Ranma 1/2 manga unflipped? At least InuYasha finally got an unflipped rerelease in the VizBigs...
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:03 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
This is good news, I guess. Hopefully they will be slimmer, like the Ranma re-releases. Speaking of Ranma, where is a Ranma release at a decent price (the current releases were just discontinued), and when are you gonna release the Ranma 1/2 manga unflipped? At least InuYasha finally got an unflipped rerelease in the VizBigs...

Viz unloaded a ton of copies of Ranma pretty cheaply at Best Buy a few years ago. It gave me the impression that their license was expiring and they were attempting to unload excess copies. I would expect a Ranma re-release unless someone else rescues it. Of course with Viz, it's hard to know for certain.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Well, FUNimation has mentioned that they would be interested in Ranma if Viz didn't have it. If the license is indeed expiring, there's at least that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3