• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hatsune Miku Creator Talks in London October 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yurixhentai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:23 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping for some news about Miku in London, but this is still awesome he's doing this discussion. Hopefully one day a Miku concert can be done in the UK.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Yeah it's a talking shop about "leadership and innovation" but fat lot of good that all is when with concerts, to DVD releases, he has to work with several other companies to get anything done, and not aways for the good of his creations. I would have asked him that if I could have been there, but I'm already fully booked that day.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quote
I thought there'd already been a Miku concert in the UK?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:09 am Reply with quote
There's one in Edinburgh on Thursday as well.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

IIRC it was more like a movie screening than a concert.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:08 pm Reply with quote
She's not real... other than the "hologram" thing, what more do you expect?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Xagor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:13 pm Reply with quote
yurihellsing wrote:
Shiroi Hane wrote:

IIRC it was more like a movie screening than a concert.

Yeah it was a movie screening near Piccadilly Circus, if it's the same event I'm thinking of.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

A Miku fan interviewed after the concert: http://images.plurk.com/53aJ1E2N2Rzm9xJfWN0vt3.jpg

Translation of the subtitle:
"I can speak up and loudly...... she is NOT virtual...... she is very real...... in our hearts."
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
To my ears she's as real as any singer. Miku's voice sample was from a real live person, Fujita Saki and when the two sang a duet you couldn't tell one from the other, besides that's not the point. The point is that fans have not only discovered Miku and vocaloid, but discovered artists that probably would have never had the chance to be discovered at all because they had no singer to sing their compositions, and could not afford to contract one. Because of Miku and her "comrads" it has returned music back into my life again in a way that never had since back in the vinyl days before CDs. That's the glory of Miku and Vocaloids.

On the topic of a UK concert yes there was a two day showing of a previous Tokyo concert in the London Odeon near Piccadilly Circus. I believe both days were sold out there too, so to say that " don't know the popularity of Miku in the UK", he should just look on his own Miku facebook account once in a while to see the frequent pleadings of UK fans for a concert here.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:09 am Reply with quote
I can't stand to listen to Vocaloid. The current fad in pop music of "Cher effect"ing everything to death is bad enough; I have an allergy to high levels of vocal processing, possible due to exposure to this wretched voice changer megaphone we had while my mother was still childminding, that they always found no matter how well I hid.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1