Forum - View topic
Impartiality?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:55 am Reply with quote
Will ANN's coverage of Neon Alley be restricted to press release style content? Any reviews or qualitative assessment of it or its rivals would seem like a conflict of interest considering you all are in bed enough to be hosting their official forum.
TigerC10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:38 am Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Will ANN's coverage of Neon Alley be restricted to press release style content?

I don't think this means they would stop covering competitors, as they said it was a favor to Viz.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
agila61

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:10 am Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Will ANN's coverage of Neon Alley be restricted to press release style content? Any reviews or qualitative assessment of it or its rivals would seem like a conflict of interest considering you all are in bed enough to be hosting their official forum.

The conflict of interest would be a monetary incentive to generate controversy in order to generate traffic. However, Viz seems to feel confident that ANN won't hype bad news and negatives to an excessive extent because of that conflict of interest.
Tempest
ANN Publisher & CEO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:26 pm Reply with quote
ANN hosts Neon Alley's forums as a favor. We'd be more than willing to host Crunchyroll's or Funimation's if they wanted. In the past we've hosted forums for a few other companies. By hosting forums, I don't think we've become partial to Neon Alley in any way.

The only thing VIZ pays us for is advertising. I think our history shows quite well that we don't allow advertising to affect the objectivity of our journalists or editors.

In a perfect world, we wouldn't accept advertising from any company that we cover, but that's an impossible business model for us.

So to address the question, no, we won't be restricting our coverage of Neon Alley or VIZ.
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I second the point that ANN will be impartial. Mainly because I would have written that article with a lot more exclamation points.

Please note, I, ( being from VIZ ) will be totally partial.

YEAHHH Neon Alley!

Don't take my smarmy commercial type messaging away from me you ANN moderators.

Seriously though, we want to make this channel as good as it can be as long as its within our power.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1