• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Symphogear Anime Gets New Season in 2013

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:49 am Reply with quote
YESSSS! More awesome music and hopefully Kanade, and at least Cris! Hoping for more symphogirls and maybe romance (Tsubasa and her manager would be nice).
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:51 am Reply with quote
Go, Nymphogear! But srsly. I sorta dug the first season so I'll come back for the second.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:52 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure how I ended up enjoying this series, but I did. I guess merch sales helped make up for the home video.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:12 am Reply with quote
All I ask for the new season are these things:

- GET a better screenwriter - seriously, there are scenes where it's just clunky and amateurish like the some of the exposition scenes
- BETTER monster designs - they're not threating when they look like radioactive sausages with squeaky feet
totoum

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:19 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
All I ask for the new season are these things:

- GET a better screenwriter - seriously, there are scenes where it's just clunky and amateurish like the some of the exposition scenes

I was harsh on the scriptwriters at first but then I read this

Quote:
The show was originally planned for a 2 cour (26 episodes) run, before being switched to 1 cour (13 episodes). This forced the writers to rewrite the script in a week.

Lets see what they can do if you give them prper working conditions
^__^v

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:44 am Reply with quote
This new season better be good. I need to get rid of the awful taste of the first season. I had to dropped the first season near the half way mark due to it awful scripting, the annoying characters, and other factors . Confused

Last edited by ^__^v on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:24 am; edited 7 times in total
Parse Error

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:46 am Reply with quote
And here I was worried that we'd only get one of those recap movies, but it really is a whole new season. This news made my day!
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:54 am Reply with quote
^__^v wrote:
This new season better be good. I need to get rid of the awful taste of the first season. I had to dropped the first season due to it awful scripting, the annoying characters, and other factors . Confused

But the characters WERE the best part!
Season 1 was so bad, it was good!

It was a throwback to the "girls-in-power-armor" stuff like Iczer and what not.
why no guest post option?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:55 am Reply with quote
hope for better animation
RZetlin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:04 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised that there is a second season considering how the first season ended.

The characters were likeable, but the story was mediocre - the writers made the story too convoluted then it should be.

My suggestion:
- Bring back a certain dead character
- Keep the storyline more simple
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:08 am Reply with quote
well oh my yea this get a s2 yea expect more action singing & etc sure so guessing miku will get own singing battle suit.

"akuma" will steal the show in some way.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:38 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
maybe romance (Tsubasa and her manager would be nice).

Sorry, but Tsubasa is one of Hibiki's girls right now. Anyway, this is a wonderful news. I assume that Kanade will be brought back from the dead. I hope she gets back so she and Tsubasa can reunite and become a couple like Hibiki and Miku. Miku will get her own Symphogear. And hopefully, this season will be better than the last one. I like the first season, but it had lots of flaws. Anyway, I am excited for the new season. Next year is going to be great.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:47 am Reply with quote
I'm thrilled to hear this.

The show wasn't perfect but I really loved it and its still going to be one of my top 10 or even top 5 of the year. Can't wait for the second season.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:13 am Reply with quote
Sweet now only if it can get a full 26ep this time
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
^__^v wrote:
This new season better be good. I need to get rid of the awful taste of the first season. I had to dropped the first season due to it awful scripting, the annoying characters, and other factors . Confused

But the characters WERE the best part!
Season 1 was so bad, it was good!

It was a throwback to the "girls-in-power-armor" stuff like Iczer and what not.

No they weren't, and the main character was utterly awful. Made worse by who she replaced and how. spoiler[And then to rub it in further they quickly subverted how she died as none of the others who did what she did died, that's pure BS, while Kanade's version of the show and her relationships with Tsubasa and Genjurou we were teased with was much more compelling.]

I wish, it sure teased that and then removed it, it would have been a throwback to those shows (and Bubblegum Crisis) had Kanade lived with that tenacious fighting spirit of hers.

RZetlin wrote:
I'm surprised that there is a second season considering how the first season ended.

The characters were likeable, but the story was mediocre - the writers made the story too convoluted then it should be.

My suggestion:
- Bring back a certain dead character
- Keep the storyline more simple

This, other than the characters being likeable cause they weren't outside of one or two of the minor ones. Otherwise I have little reason to give this a chance after the horrible first season that came out of a tease of a good show.

John Hayabusa wrote:
I assume that Kanade will be brought back from the dead. I hope she gets back so she and Tsubasa can reunite and become a couple like Hibiki and Miku.

I hope so. That's about the only way they can salvage this for me, they did such a good job with Kanade's intro that somehow I'm still interested enough if they were to bring Kanade back from the dead since I loved her that much in the first ep (and first major flashback) and wouldn't mind really seeing the Kanade, Tsubasa partnership that I came to the show for in the first place, however if they don't I'll go back to not caring about this show. It still nags me to no end that while Kanade was alive in the first ep they something almost Gainax-like amazing and they threw it away for "that". Sad Sadly, this was one of the fastest crashes and burns I've ever experienced.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:55 pm; edited 5 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2