• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Adds Mazinger Z Super Robot TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:29 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if it will include the English dub as well.
mrsatan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:39 pm Reply with quote
WOW. Surprised
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Close to year to come out? That seems a bit excessive for a basic sub-only set. I don't have a burning desire to see this, but I love Go Nagai and I'm intrigued by the history this title has. It's a landmark title for anime, how can I not be a little curious? It'll definitely be up for consideration.

I bet Faytlein will be spending hours picking up the pieces to his jaw after he reads this.

There's probably been more 70s anime licensed in the last three years than there has for the last 40 years combined.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:46 pm Reply with quote
This is good news! Very Happy From what I've seen, this is an interesting series.

I would like to know if it would include the short-lived English dub produced by Toei and/or the other short lived English dub that picked up where it left off, and only aired in Asia (but I can certainly understand it's absence...). Hey, they included Fist of the North Star's incomplete English dub! Then there's Tranzor Z...
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:54 pm Reply with quote
HOREE SHEET.

Shocked

Dear god.

It really is the end of the world.
SoraChanShadow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Yes!! Some super robot anime.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:06 pm Reply with quote
I hope they keep up the Uncle Go love. Looks like they're starting on his early catalog, there's hundreds more to get through.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap!!! Shocked First Right Stuf pick up Rose of Versailles, and now Discotek pick up Mazinger Z, what's next the World Masterpiece Theater?? I would like Discotek to also pick up Getter Robo and other "Force Five" anime uncut in US (with Japanese audio and English sub) Anyway, this news make my day.

PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
This is good news! Very Happy From what I've seen, this is an interesting series.

I would like to know if it would include the short-lived English dub produced by Toei and/or the other short lived English dub that picked up where it left off, and only aired in Asia (but I can certainly understand it's absence...). Hey, they included Fist of the North Star's incomplete English dub! Then there's Tranzor Z...

I doubt Discotek will put the Tranzor Z dub in there. But it's very likely they'll put that English Dub Toei did like this I found on Youtube for example.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Parse Error

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm Reply with quote
First Symphogear gets a second season confirmed, and now this announcement? I don't know what's going on today, but I love it!
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Holy crap!!! First Right Stuf pick up Rose of Versailles, and now Discotek pick up Mazinger Z, what's next the World Masterpiece Theater??

If ANY WMT anime got licensed (or even dubbed, which is more unlikely), I will bounce off to the edge of the universe.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:44 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

I bet Faytlein will be spending hours picking up the pieces to his jaw after he reads this.

Quite right good sir! And you will buy this title, or else....

Ahem......

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.

Discotek.....lemme level with you. I was a die hard ADV collector, I own almost all of Funi's library. I tell you this now, without a doubt, you have now surpassed them all. With this simple move, the old school robot guys, who have waited in silence, are now yours. My wallet is your wallet, and I await further orders.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Excellent. Now all we need is Shin Mazinger.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:49 pm Reply with quote
I'll buy this. My love for Mazinger has faded since the 90s but still.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:01 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Excellent. Now all we need is Shin Mazinger.

No. We need this to sell to get GREAT Mazinger, then get GRENDIZER. Though with how badly Shin Mazinger did in Japan, I can only hope the price for licensing is really low. Oh, and I wonder if we might get the Mazinger movies as well? (Not the Vs. ones, there have to be legit movies out there, I just can't recall them.)
Zump

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:38 pm Reply with quote
But will it have the infamous "crabstick" subtitles?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3