• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Steins;Gate Film Titled, Slated for Spring

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:51 am Reply with quote
Hope Funi picks this up on Blu-ray and maybe we can get a few con screenings before the release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:55 am Reply with quote
Well, if it isn't going to be a regurgitation of the TV series then I might check this out, possibly even import.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quote
It's nice that it'll be new content, but I have mixed feelings... I mean the ending of the show was so perfect that adding more to it doesn't feel right. Unless the movie is just going to be solely zany slice of life comedy.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
It's nice that it'll be new content, but I have mixed feelings... I mean the ending of the show was so perfect that adding more to it doesn't feel right. Unless the movie is just going to be solely zany slice of life comedy.

Have you seen all the spin-off manga they've come up with for the series, including both zany slice of life and serious stories? Personally, I wish they were adapting the one that retells the story from Suzuha's perspective, starting in the future and following her back to 2010.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:42 am Reply with quote
Sweet, glad its not a retelling of the story with a diff ending. Though I do wonder if it will continue the ending or if it will be some in between random stuff about nothing
superdry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Though I do wonder if it will continue the ending or if it will be some in between random stuff about nothing

It's going to continue from the true end which is going to be interesting to see where the story takes place because the 8-bit sequel also takes place after the true end of the original.

So, the movie will either take place before the story of the sequel or after.
Shugo Takahashi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quote
-snip-

Last edited by Shugo Takahashi on Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
superdry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Shugo Takahashi wrote:
superdry wrote:
It's going to continue from the true end which is going to be interesting to see where the story takes place because the 8-bit sequel also takes place after the true end of the original.

So, the movie will either take place before the story of the sequel or after.

The 8-bit game is non-canon and more just the writers having some fun. Play the game sometime; there's an English patch for it out there and it's pretty hilarious. Ultimately it's just a big joke, though.

Oh, it is? I always thought it was canon since it takes place after the true end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1