• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code:Breaker (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:54 pm Reply with quote

Code:Breaker (TV)

Genres: action, comedy, drama, psychological, supernatural
Themes: assassins, corrupt government, martial arts, school, special abilities, superpowers

Plot Summary: Riding the bus one day, Sakurakouji Sakura looks out the window to see people being burned alive with a blue fire as a boy her age remains unharmed and stands over the people. When she goes back to the site the next day, there are no corpses or evidence of any kind of murder, just a small fire. When Sakura goes to class, she discovers the new transfer student is the same boy she saw the day before. Sakura soon learns that he is Ogami Rei, the sixth "Code: Breaker," a special type of assassin with a strange ability and also a member of a secret organization that serves the government.
----------------------------------

Episode 1
I haven't read the manga yet but this series has my attention so far.

Let's see..the blue flames in the beginning as well as the cold beauty Sakura at school who everyone seems to admire and respect. Then of course, there's Rei. I liked his personality and style tbh especially his VA who also voiced Accelerator from the Toaru Majutsu no Index franchise.

There was some violence as well as action and the typical shounen stuff. I liked the artwork and the designs though and definitely expecting more from this series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I read the manga and I can't wait for this anime. What I love is how strong all the characters are. There are no weak or whiny characters that shonens usually have. There is actually a good story and not just random fighting.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote
average manga, expect an average anime. This just my opinion. I'm sure there are some people who love the manga.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:12 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

spoiler[Sakurakouji, the school aikido star.
The mysterious transfer student Ogami Rei appears.
She sure was fired up about getting to the bottom of things.
Sakura vs G-Falcon. Not a smart thing.
Luckily, Ogami saved her...
A savior or a ruthless killer?
Guess we'll see next time.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:33 am Reply with quote
Oh man, the main character seems to be such a great character, she is popular in that all the boys want her, but also strong because she can even beat tough guys in martial arts. But she also sweet in that she looks after a dog and cares about a homeless person who was killed. Lol at her spoiler[trying to get to the bottom of what happens, because she is such a fighter for justice, but makeing it look like she was confessing.]

*have inner monologue*
First episode had my eyes rolling, there might be some promise, like where it left off, but I found it pretty bad so far.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:58 am Reply with quote
I really liked the first episode a lot and will definitely be watching more. The spoiler[ending] really hooked me in.
underlock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
average manga, expect an average anime. This just my opinion. I'm sure there are some people who love the manga.

Well, this average anime turned out to be my favourite so far. Nothing better than some anti-hero action, opposed to ineffective cocky punks. Oh K.
Riddley

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Not sure what to make of this anime yet. Typical shonen stuff but maybe it'll break the mold and peak my interest...I'll give it a few eps. I did like the girl...
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Yup. I think this is actually the best show of the season so far. It's not terribly original but it is very well put together. Sakura is a very good character.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:31 pm Reply with quote
damn, that was cool. liking this one a lot
kpk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:59 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Yup. I think this is actually the best show of the season so far. It's not terribly original but it is very well put together. Sakura is a very good character.

From The New World and Psycho-Pass will be the best, but this could be 2nd best Laughing
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote
kpk wrote:
From The New World and Psycho-Pass will be the best, but this could be 2nd best Laughing

Eh...I don't know. It's difficult to compare the potential of something I haven't seen (Psycho-Pass) to stuff I've seen some of.

As for New World, I think it has more potential than CB in the long run but purely in terms of the first episodes I liked CB better.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Well, this show looks mighty promising, from the first episode even, I'm in.

Last edited by Kruszer on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Oh my god! I have been the hater in this thread! It is like I am one of those douches that is calling everything bad while everyone else praises it, just like *censor beep* or *censor beep*. I think I will go in the corner now and cut myself a bit.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:30 pm Reply with quote
underlock wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

Well, this average anime turned out to be my favourite so far. Nothing better than some anti-hero action, opposed to ineffective cocky punks. Oh K.

that's why i said some people love the manga. You will know why the manga is not popular after few more eps. But it could be still your fav anime which is good because people should allow to like whatever they want.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7