• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NIS America September 2012 Solicitation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the warning, WTK.
lem

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
This may have to do with the subtitles (since it's suppose to be locked and somehow it got missed). Maybe they are doing another run with locked subtitles?

it's noted for the product description - that the subtitles are locked on the blu-ray (for that fear of reverse importation...)

? So I'm not sure what you're trying tell me here.
Are they doing another run with the option to turn off the subtitles included? or just another regular release like they've done for Tora Dora and Occult Academy?

After a blind buy of 'Our Home's Fox Diety', I've been on the fence for this one.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:27 pm Reply with quote
lem wrote:
? So I'm not sure what you're trying tell me here.
Are they doing another run with the option to turn off the subtitles included? or just another regular release like they've done for Tora Dora and Occult Academy?

The premium edition release was suppose to have locked subtitles. For whatever the reason, it got missed. People can turn off the subtitles by using their remote (there is no menu option to do so). It's very possible that NISA may do another run of the premium edition but with locked subtitles instead.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:33 pm Reply with quote
But doesn't TRSI usually include an "expected reprint date" if there is going to be another run? That's what they did with both Bunny Drop and AnoHana.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
But doesn't TRSI usually include an "expected reprint date" if there is going to be another run? That's what they did with both Bunny Drop and AnoHana.

Those are the two series that have that notation. Before that series like Wagnaria!! didn't. Without additional information, are we can do is speculate.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, but Wagnaria!! didn't get a reprint, did it? My memory is that it just went OOP a few months after its initial release. On the other hand, your speculation does make sense. If there was a screw-up on the locked subs, you could understand why NISA would sell off the original run and then do a corrected re-issue.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Yeah, but Wagnaria!! didn't get a reprint, did it? My memory is that it just went OOP a few months after its initial release. On the other hand, your speculation does make sense. If there was a screw-up on the locked subs, you could understand why NISA would sell off the original run and then do a corrected re-issue.

Wagnaria!! Premium Edition final print notice from TRSI and RACS.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Ah, I see. In that case, TRSI announced the reprint in their "In the News" section as opposed to noting it in the product listing itself (or so it appears).
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the heads up WTK. I wasn't planning on pulling the trigger on this release just yet, but I'm not willing to mess around with a counter. Off to TRSI I go!
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:55 pm Reply with quote
via TRSI
Quote:
GHASTLY PRINCE ENMA BURNING UP Premium Edition Sells Out at Wholesale Level
Posted on: Monday, October 8, 2012

NIS America announced the premium edition of anime series Ghastly Prince Enma Burning Up is sold out at the wholesale level. There are currently no plans to release a standard edition of the show, so if you would like to own a copy of the series, place your order for the premium edition today!
lem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:10 pm Reply with quote
already have, thanks WTK
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Whoa! No standard release for Ghastly Prince. That kind of surprises me. It doesn't affect me, because I've ordered the PE, but it does surprise me.
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Whoa! No standard release for Ghastly Prince. That kind of surprises me. It doesn't affect me, because I've ordered the PE, but it does surprise me.

That's just standard response. If there is a standard release (of which I believe there will be one), NISA won't say anything about it until it's solicited.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Ah, got ya. Definitely a handy way to stampede people to buy the remaining copies of the PE. But I guess our speculation over whether their would be a PE reprint has been answered in the negative.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I hardly doubt they're not going to print a standard release. Seeing as they HAVE printed standard releases of other animes when the limited version has sold out. Not sure why they would say "have no plans for a standard release" when in fact they will.

And if it sold out so damn fast...why no reprint? Didn't they do it for 2 of their other series?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5