Forum - View topic
Non Anime Content

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote
As you may have seen we're rolling out some new bumpers and non anime content, like Top 10 lists and soon we'll have some "Behind The Scenes" clips from our trips to the Japanese studios.

So we want to know:
Do you like watching these?
Is there anything you're really interested in seeing?

Also, we're trying to keep the commercials as relevant to fans as possible. How are you liking the RightStuf, NamcoBandai and IGN commercial spots?
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Those commercials are fine. We just need different ones.

I keep seeing the same RightStuf (granted, I think that's literally the ONLY commercial they've EVER had) and IGN commercials over and over again. I know you're probably limited to what the companies give you, but if you could ask them for some new commercials now and then, that would help.

I'd also like to see more anime trailers, even if they're from shows that you're not currently streaming. I've seen the various Shana trailers show up and I think that's a step in the right direction. Perhaps you could get more trailers from FUNi, like the Hellsing: Ultimate, Black Lagoon, and Lain re-release trailers to help build up hype.
MadarakiFran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I like the top 10 lists and new manga releases. Maybe we could get some teases of new stuff coming to Shonen Jump Unlimited every once in a while? I'd like to see interviews with manga-ka as well.

I think some convention specials could be interesting. It would be cool to see content from anime conventions all across the world. You could interview some of the guests/attendants and shine a spotlight on conventions at the same time.

I've seen some NamcoBandai commercials, and that's cool. Rightstuf is a pretty good store, although the commercial does get old. You might try getting some commercials from more game publishers like Atlus, SEGA, NIS America, etc. I like the Bushiroad/Vanguard ones (although their commercials suffer from getting cut off too) although they do play a little too often. (Okay, that's almost an understatement.)

I don't really dig the mosquito shorts as much. They happen a little too often, maybe. It'd be nice to get some more ONA content like Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals or the Melancholoy of Haruhi-chan for shorts... or maybe... Panda Z.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Oh! I just thought of something I'd really like to see: Voice actor interviews!!

Make it happen! Very Happy

EDIT: I've noticed a lot more anime trailers on the stream tonight. This pleases me. Very Happy
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:05 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Oh! I just thought of something I'd really like to see: Voice actor interviews!!

Make it happen! Very Happy

EDIT: I've noticed a lot more anime trailers on the stream tonight. This pleases me. Very Happy

Oh yeah, that's a really good one, especially with the dub specialty of this new service, that would be very cool to hear from them.

I also liked the convention idea one too, especially during convention season.

The top lists are very nice. I like how it rotates too with anime, games, manga, etc. It already reminded me of a game I needed to pick up on PSN for example.

I was kind of amused by the two catchy mosquito ones I've seen the first couple of times I saw them so as long as they're not over-played they're a bit fun and catchy for a time filler, but I could see them being a little naggy for some if they over-play as mentioned. I like the suggestion of grabbing some ONA anime shorts to add even more variety to these in addition to new original ones.

Yeah, I was surprised, I noticed a larger selection of anime trailers today compared to wednesday/yesterday, including some nice new Funi trailers.
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Sounds great everyone.

We're getting some more videogame ads added this week and some traditional movie spots from Warner Brothers. Don't worry, we'll pick out ones that we think you'll like.

Also, are you interested in music videos?
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:43 pm Reply with quote
I think non-anime content can help the site grow larger. As the people that are into the live Asian films will hear about it and give the site a go. And that'll in turn see that anime is also on the site, making another anime fan...if they end up happening to like it.

Neon Alley Moderator wrote:

If they're cool, then that'll be a neat thing. Maybe with AMVs, there can be a site or forum to allow fans to upload their own stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:

If they're cool, then that'll be a neat thing. Maybe with AMVs, there can be a site or forum to allow fans to upload their own stuff.

AMVs is an interesting idea. Though I wonder if then the burden of getting the music rights from the original band/artist would fall on each individual AMV creator wouldn't it? Then there's the rights from the anime consortium that the AMV creator is pulling the content from and the royalty rate, since Neon Alley is a paid channel.

This may take some time.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind seeing the actual music videos of the songs from the opening credits of certain shows. The included videos from the Durarara!! and Madoka releases come to mind. That having been said, I'd keep the videos anime-related, or at least Asian oriented (in case you wanted to put Gangnam Style on there or something Razz).

Could we perhaps provide you to YouTube links of music videos we'd like to see on the channel so that you can use them as suggestions?
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:20 pm Reply with quote
AMVs is an interesting idea. Though I wonder if then the burden of getting the music rights from the original band/artist would fall on each individual AMV creator wouldn't it? Then there's the rights from the anime consortium that the AMV creator is pulling the content from and the royalty rate, since Neon Alley is a paid channel.

This may take some time.

Oooorrr, use royally free music, no legal issues that way. But I don't think it's an issue when you use music for AMVs, as long as you don't sell them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rinmackie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:31 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to see AMV's! But I can see where it could be tricky from a legal perspective. Personally I think as long as no one is profiting from them, they should be considered fair use. I know lots of people have discovered anime and new music because of these videos. But I know corporations and lawyers have a different view.
sonikhan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Sound so delicious thanks!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1