• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manga Sale Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Where: Akadot Retail
What is the Sale: 5% off entire order.
How to get the Sale: Use code AKA93.
Expiration Date: Sep 4, 2012
Shipping: Free shipping on orders over $40 (continental US only). Otherwise, normal shipping rates apply.
Tax: Only applies in California.
Additional Notes: Sale stacks on normal discount prices. Akadot specializes in yaoi, specifically anything from DMP. They are also partnered with BOOK OFF (Japanese-language manga). If you have a Membership you will get an additional 5% off.
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Where: GoHastings.com
What is the Sale: 40% Off Used Books, CDs, Movies, or Games when you buy 4 or more items.
How to get Sale: Use code LABORDAY.
Expiration Date: Sep 3, 2012
Shipping: 96¢ on entire book order. Only ships to continental US, APO, FPO, Hawaii, Alaska, and US territories.
Tax: Only applies in states where Hastings has a physical store. (Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming).
Additional Notes: This sale is on used books only. Used books normally start at 50% off (and get better from there), so with this discount you could get anywhere from 70-90% off.

What is the Sale: ($5 off $25) or ($10 off $40) New & Used items.
How to get Sale: Use code DAYOFF.
Expiration Date: Sep 8, 2012
Shipping: 96¢ on entire book order. Only ships to continental US, APO, FPO, Hawaii, Alaska, and US territories.
Tax: Only applies in states where Hastings has a physical store. (Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming).
Additional Notes: Sale stacks with normal discounted prices.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Is Go Hastings usually such an annoying place to shop manga?
I decided to check for the final three volumes of Ai Yori Aoshi.
No volume numbers in the titles.
Half didn't have cover images.
Only a couple of those had the volume noted in the book details.

You have to determine which is the one you want by publication date or ISBN (without dashes).

(and the one I want most, v.16, was "out of stock")
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
the last few volumes seems to have been a much smaller print run than the rest of the series and is long out of print

you should periodically try ebay or www.hpb.com
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:33 pm Reply with quote
I have alerts on Ebay.
HPB, alibris.com, half.com and a number of other sellers all actually seem to take their listings from the same dealers.
Amazon's marketplace is another option but aren't any better. I'll eventually get them, I guess. And I could get 15 & 17 for decent used prices but I guess I'm holding out for a single dealer, single S&H price.

The last three are the most important ones after-all. The issues that provide an ending that the anime never provided. I've read the scanilations but I have decided to get physical copies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Um, yeah, their inventory system is kind of a mess, especially for older series. Anime smile + sweatdrop The issue is that, for some reason, they started listing different volumes as different editions of the same book, which means it's really difficult to find specific titles because they all get shoved together on one page. This has mostly changed for newer books (within the last year or so), so now when they post a new volume of Skip Beat, say, it gets its own page--- but the older series aren't getting an overhaul anytime soon.

So yes, pretty much the only way to find a lot of titles there reliably is to search by ISBN. You can easily find that on Amazon, though, so I don't consider it all that much of an issue? At least, not so much of an issue that it would keep you from shopping there. I know for me personally GoHastings has been a great place to shop, once you get used to the weird inventory shenanigans. I have bought many great-quality used books for less than $1, and lots of new books for >50% off. It really helped me when I was trying to catch up to current releases a few years back.

Also, of course they don't have a long OOP book. That's a little unrealistic of you to expect, isn't it?
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Where: Right Stuf
What is the Sale: At least 32% off in-stock items.
How to get the Sale: Use code school2012.
Expiration Date: Sep 12, 2012
Shipping: Free Domestic Economy Shipping on orders over $49. Otherwise, see Shipping Rates.
Tax: Only applies in Iowa.
Additional Notes: If you have a Got Anime? Membership you will get an additional 10% off (making it ~39% off total).
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:49 am Reply with quote
Where: Right Stuf
What is the Sale: At least 33% Off All Manga, Novels & Books from VIZ Media.
How to get the Sale: Discount already applied.
Expiration Date: Sep 24, 2012
Shipping: Free Domestic Economy Shipping on orders over $49. Otherwise, see Shipping Rates.
Tax: Only applies in Iowa.
Additional Notes: If you have a Got Anime? Membership you will get an additional 10% off (making it ~40% off total).
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:27 pm Reply with quote
What is the Sale: Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off (mix & match Used Books, CDs, Movies, or Games.)
How to get Sale: Use code THEDOCTOR.
Expiration Date: Sep 22, 2012
Additional Notes: This sale is on used items only. If you're buying two similarly priced items, this is essentially a 25% off coupon. Used books normally start at 50% off (and get better from there), so this would bring it to ~60% off.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:44 am Reply with quote
Well, GoHastings lost a sale by having their website out of commission for most of the week last week. I understood the problem, but I got impatient and went elsewhere. Hopefully they got their problem fixed now.

I figured I'd pass on this regular sale feature from alibris. I've only used them once or twice over a year ago but I keep getting the emails for their coupons. It is a "limited time offer" but is renewed under the same circumstances just about every week, with only the codes changing.

Where: alibris.com
What is the Sale:Save up to $15 off your entire order of used books, music, movies, or textbooks.
How to get Sale: Use code HARRY for $3 off $30+; Use code HERMIONE for $8 off $60; Use code SNAPE for $15 off $100+ .
Expiration Date: Sep 24, 2012
Shipping: Shipping info here, as they are a shop aggregator, you save by buying as much as you can from the same seller, otherwise it is the Amazon marketpace standard of $3.99 per item. The shipping info says that they have free shipping at $49.00 "for eligible items"
Tax: IDK the details
Additional Notes: Yes, this sale expires today, but as I said, it is very likely the identical sale will be available with different codes tomorrow or in a day or two.
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:27 pm Reply with quote
What is the Sale: Buy 2 get 3rd for $1 (Mix & Match Used Books, CDs, Movies, & Games.)
How to get Sale: Use code FALLFEST.
Expiration Date: Can't find one.
Additional Notes: This sale is on used items only.
Zopelthe543

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote
I guess I should mention this to people who already order on GoHastings often. If you order your books from the link Ebates gives you, you'll get 3.0% cash back. Granted you make an account on Ebates which is pretty easy and not risky. You essentially get money back on places you typically order online, if Ebates provides a coupon. And its not like you have to reach a point to get your money back either, I remembered I only earned 3.50 bucks worth of cashback and they mailed a check for that for me haha. its small change but if you guys order online often it does help.
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:32 pm Reply with quote
What is the Sale: ($5 off $25) or ($10 off $40) New & Used items.
How to get Sale: Use code 1492.
Expiration Date: Oct 13, 2012
Additional Notes: Sale stacks with normal discounted prices (meaning ~33% offs become ~50%). It's easiest to search GoHastings' inventory with ISBNs.
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:45 am Reply with quote
Where: Amazon.com
What is the Sale: 50% off Alice in the Country of Hearts: My Fanatic Rabbit Vol. 1
How to get the Sale: Discount already applied
Expiration Date: Don't know.
Shipping: Free shipping at $25. There are also a few ways to get free shipping on single items (Amazon Prime, Amazon Student). Other than those, it'd be $3.99 for just this book, I think.
Tax: Only applicable in California, Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Washington.
Additional Notes: This is Amazon, so there's no telling when it'll go away. However, if for some reason it gets any cheaper after you've pre-ordered it, Amazon has a pre-order price guarantee that'll ensure you get the lowest price.
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:35 am Reply with quote
What is the Sale: 40% off Used Books.
How to get Sale: Use code SPOOKY.
Expiration Date: Oct 20, 2012
Additional Notes: Sale is off used items only (quite a few other than books, but the discount varies). It's easiest to search GoHastings' inventory for books with ISBNs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4