• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sket Dance Manga to Bundle Original Video Anime Next Spring

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:39 am Reply with quote
Thank God.

Hopefully this is a sign there's still interest in continuing it and it'll be back when Gintama (or another show) goes on break again. If not, at least we can get an occasional OVA.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:37 am Reply with quote
I still cannot get over the fact that the anime is over. I did not even realize it was going to end until Bossun commented that it was the penultimate episode -_-

Way to break the fourth wall, Bossun!

I hope this series ends up with the same airing pattern as Gintama, just taking breaks instead of airing filler episodes.

I'll be sitting in my seat, waiting patiently....
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:04 am Reply with quote
Would be nice if Sket Dance and Gintama can get some sort of rotation going where one airs while the other is on a break.
Can't see the new Gintama season airing past April next year, so hopefully Sket Dance is back then.
Ushio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:58 pm Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Would be nice if Sket Dance and Gintama can get some sort of rotation going where one airs while the other is on a break.
Can't see the new Gintama season airing past April next year, so hopefully Sket Dance is back then.

Would love for that to happen but I doubt it will. Gintama keeps getting animated even though it's ratings and merchandise sales are mediocre is because every volume released on DVD sells over 12,000 copies Cool which makes more than enough money to fund the production of the anime and then some. Sket Dance not so much Crying or Very sad

Fun fact, of the 97 anime series to average over 10,000 copies sold per volume since 2000, 5 of them are Gintama.
dragon695

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:28 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Thank God.

Hopefully this is a sign there's still interest in continuing it and it'll be back when Gintama (or another show) goes on break again. If not, at least we can get an occasional OVA.

Yeah still pretty annoyed that stupid Gintama or whatever the hell it is called replaced it...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1