• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Little Busters! + Refrain (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:12 am Reply with quote
ShinnFlowen wrote:
I still think this show is going to do a good job with the comedy/slice of life moments as long as the other females aren't as annoying as the purple haired girl with a lame laugh.

Ahaha, DuskyPredator hopes that too.

Nah, I like Sayuri. *looks up Kanon Tv Tropes page* Oh my god! *puts disc and watches episode 14*, my lord I did not know that about her character, I mean it was brought up but with another character, but her. I must pay attention more so I do not miss small things with characters, wonder if this series might have something.
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:18 am Reply with quote
Okay, without spoilers:

For the visual novel readers, on a scale from 1 to 10, how sad is the end to this? How tearjerky is it compared to other Key works?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:35 am Reply with quote
Yeah, like 10 being Ushio level, and 1 being... wait I can think of a mild one ... well Key fans will get the idea.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:51 am Reply with quote
ShinnFlowen wrote:
I don't remember seeing Haruka speak in episode one. (Had to google the name.)

She didn't even appear in episode 1.
Ringking

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

So I just finished the second episode and I have to confess that the sequence of quick flashes at about 10:45 has me a little bit worried about the direction that they are going with this. There are several CG's from the games character routes in there, which it makes it seem like they are just intending to skip out the character arcs and cut straight to the endgame.

Strangely enough though, some of those quick flashes look like events which, if I'm correct in my assumption of were they are telling the story from, shouldn't have actually happened yet....
opn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:17 pm Reply with quote
ZorgonXtreme wrote:
Okay, without spoilers:

For the visual novel readers, on a scale from 1 to 10, how sad is the end to this? How tearjerky is it compared to other Key works?

11. spoiler[And im being completely serious here.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2
Heh, this girl is pretty cute in the beginning. It's an spoiler[anteater].

Lol @ the duel this episode as well - the human bubble bath.

Not too much happened but watching Komari was amusing. She tries to spoiler[play baseball, wears the wrong "mittens" or rather gloves, and falls on bases.] Time to play ball~

spoiler[Guts, bravery and friendship] Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
underlock

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:11 pm Reply with quote
My only issue with this episode is the whole episode. Why in god's name did they dedicate an entire episode to this dumb girl?

A short summary of episode 2:

Tee hee, ohoo, yayyyyyy, uee, auuu, yayyyyy teeheeeee.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quote
You shut your mouth! Komari is a blessing of the universe!

Laughing

In all seriousness she's just too adorable. Couldn't help but grin during every scene she's in.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Only thing she's missing a "uugyu" type phrase.
Classic Key brand idiot girl, I have zero problems with her.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
Only thing she's missing a "uugyu" type phrase.

She has one. She said "fue~" in some inflection at least 10 times this episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:21 pm Reply with quote
I think we could tell it was an spoiler[anteater], that guy was Mai's present and seen in Clannad game.

Episode 2

To be honest I found the girl a little hard to swallow, I do really like a lot of Key's other similar character, but here she just felt like a child in an older body, os someone with special needs (in a bad way). She had nice answers though. Is it also just me, or were mittens a little Uguu?

The opening song does have a "Your Soul, My Beats", something that prepares you for something.

@ opn
Wait, 11? Are you saying it is sadder than Ushio stuff? That basically put me into a depression?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:01 am Reply with quote
Whether or not it reaches Ushio-level depends on your attachment to the cast and however well JC Staff executes certain portions of the visual novel.

As far as episode 2 goes, I thought it was another pretty-close-to-the-VN episode. I didn't like what was changed though, such as the different task and especially spoiler[the 'vision' that Riki has after looking at the note]. That had no place there at all. While it's true that spoiler[the visual novel opening had similar CG this is completely different. Since Riki sees it as a sort of vision this is either implying that he has already completed everything from the game (which wouldn't make much sense), that he now has the capability to see future events (which definitely would not make much sense), or that they're trying to directly tie in his narcolepsy with the secret of the world (which really would not make sense at all).] I have no idea what JC Staff was doing there but I hope that they don't insert crap like that too much.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:50 am Reply with quote
Hmm, in episode 2, I can't really say that the anime is 100% faithful to the original material. It doesn't really matter for the ones who dont play the VN though, and personally I don't think it's gonna ruin the whole story.

What's bothering me:
spoiler[When will they call Masato "Waste" / kuzu?]
And, the part when Riki somehow got all the spoiler[flashback CGs ] does make me worried for the whole story and route. I don't know what is JC planning to do with it, but let's keep our faith on them.

The first mission on Lennon's tail, also changed from the original.
spoiler[Weren't they supposed to clean a tree from caterpillars and such?] Why were they osoujing some random storage?
The part where Komari joined the team was also changed.

Komari is a pretty nice and smart girl, she's not dumb, but I must admit that her voice does make me annoyed.

And, the three girls who were looking for Rin, I think they are spoiler[the girls who kinda bully Kurugaya] and I bet that the girl with short hair and half updo (CMIIW) must be spoiler[Suginami who will confess to Riki]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:02 am Reply with quote
Wait, so first VN fans complain about it being too word for word, and now complain that they change too much. So far the encyclopedia has it slated for only 12 episodes, so if the VN has such a long story you can expect things to be mixed around.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 32