• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: MyM Magazine Acquired by MCM Expo Group

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:40 am Reply with quote
Tony must be pleased. Laughing
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I haven't got an issue since the first one due to the stink with Tarik and the neo customer database (that, and some of the writing just plain made no sense).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
faintsmile1992

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:39 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I haven't got an issue since the first one due to the stink with Tarik and the neo customer database (that, and some of the writing just plain made no sense).
How bad was it?

I still say bring back Anime Insider, it was the best IMO. I used to buy Anime Insider and Newtype USA at Borders.

But any UK mag is like reading a time warp anyway in terms of releases (behind the USA) and news, its stupid to think people would ever read a print mag for that.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:15 am Reply with quote
Neo subscribers received sample issues of MyM out of the blue.
The guy who publishes MyM used to work for Uncooked Media (Neo's publisher).
Uncooked made the following statement: http://www.neomag.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8827

As someone who has supported Neo since day one (although I subscribe via a local store rather than directly so wasn't affected by the "leak") it left a bad taste.

--edit--

With regards to the writing, I remember a panel on the first page that made my inner grammar nazi rage. IIRC it included something about blowing a "frugal horn".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
faintsmile1992

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:24 am Reply with quote
A frugal horn sounds like a double entendre. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1