• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Unlimited Access Digital Manga Service: JManga7.com – To Launch October 8th, 2012

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alamarco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:23 pm Reply with quote
This is what I've been waiting for. I was not about to purchase digital manga, so I was disappointed with the initial offering. Unlimited for $5.99 is what I wanted and will definitely be getting this. Can't ask for more, unless the manga offered is all terrible. We shall see. Razz
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:46 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Sweet Blue Flowers
Que the fanboys.

That said, how long are we going to have to wait until they start publishing chapters that haven't been collected into a tank yet?
agila61

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Quote:
Sweet Blue Flowers
Que the fanboys.

Definitely. The yuri titles have been some of JManga's most successful titles, which isn't surprising since the US yuri market is for the most part just below the size needed to sustain print publication, so it is meeting pent up demand.

Quote:
That said, how long are we going to have to wait until they start publishing chapters that haven't been collected into a tank yet?

Given even a chapter a week, it shouldn't be too long until they start publishing chapters that haven't been collected into a JManga volume.

However, how soon before they they are releasing chapters before the tankoubon is published in Japan ... and how many ever reach that point ... likely depends on how successful the site is. Unlike anime, rights are often unbundled in manga publishing, so in persuading both the publisher and the manga-ka to cater to international digital distribution in advance of domestic tankoubon collection, it wouldn't be surprising if money talks and bullshit walks.
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote
They haven't published Morita-san wa Mukuchi 5 on JManga just yet, so they're already pushing stuff on JManga7 that's unavailable on the parent site(thus making sure regulars also subscribe to the new one).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1