• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:21 am Reply with quote
Bugnin wrote:
...because this discussion is becoming less about the show and more about you bragging about your technical knowledge.

lmao bragging? so anyone who happens to know something and posts it is bragging? guess when you talk about any subject you know you brag do you?

edit:

lets put this another way shall we:

person A says the sky is blue because in an anime 50 years from now aliens have been discovered and they may be painting it blue for us to see it that way because the space ships have big portals capable of spreading a mist of paint across the sky. just how quickly would you speak up about light refraction, the atmosphere and the human eye to dissuade them of a faulty concept?
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:14 pm Reply with quote
no one wants to response to my post back in page 84 that mean i win right?
You guys accept other culture can have different writing style right and there is no such a thing as universal writing style. Many Chinese and Asians got bad grade in American writing classes are because of the shit American writing rules.

http://web.mit.edu/kdevries/www/clarity2a.pdf

page 6

Quote:
.... Now, however, some teacher-
scholars like Helen Fox, Xiaoming Li, and the previously mentioned Ramanthan and Atkinson,
have called attention to the ethnocentrism of this attitude, and made strong arguments for recognizing other ways of writing as equally valid as those esteemed in America.....
As this work goes on, we now begin to see that many characteristics of "good" writing that were once perceived as universally true, are actually very much influenced by culture.

Carolyn Matalene published an account of her experiences
teaching writing in China in College English, one of the largest and most important national journals for college English teachers. Matalene takes the admirable position of urging other teachers in America to realize that our own brands of logic and rhetoric have no more claim as universal truths than any other traditions.
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:35 pm Reply with quote
How big is your boner right now?

For somebody who's argument is all about acceptance of world lit, you seem awfully biased against one (or more) of them.

Further, what was it you said before? People are free to write like they want? Then you come back to make sure people know that you're saying that 'American' writing style is shit.

Finally, you reek of righteous desperation.

That's all.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:41 pm Reply with quote
ZorgonXtreme wrote:
How big is your boner right now?

For somebody who's argument is all about acceptance of world lit, you seem awfully biased against one (or more) of them.

Further, what was it you said before? People are free to write like they want? Then you come back to make sure people know that you're saying that 'American' writing style is shit.

Finally, you reek of righteous desperation.

That's all.

that because people saying other people's writing are bad because they don't follow their rule. The other around is the same, too.

If you don't like i said American style is shit, then you should accept people don't like you judge other culture's writing style that you don't even know.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Oh, we are going to end this right now, Spotlessden. There was absolutely no need for you to make those last two posts; people just got tired of talking about it, that's all, and I'm heading off that line of discussion permanently because it's proving to be needlessly volatile.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 15:

I, at least, thought this was a very nice, low-key interlude episode. I very much liked what they did with both Kirito and his sister, even though they do seem to be pulling the spoiler["it's not really an incestuous attraction because we're only cousins rather than siblings"] stunt with his sister, which is way overdone in anime these days. The whole episode looked great, too, and my, was that a slick little twist about Kirito's background.

And boy, they wasted no time in portraying the new villain as a complete dick, didn't they? If this is going the way I think it's going then I may have a new candidate for the Bastard of the Year award. (And this year's already stocked with excellent candidates.)

Overall, I see nothing here which discourages me in the slightest from continuing to follow this series. In fact, it's still pretty firmly-ensconced as my top-priority view of the week and I'll eagerly be looking forward to the beginning of the Fairy Dance arc next week. (I don't consider that a spoiler at this point because the advertisements and opener both make that quite clear.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quote
I dunno, there's a point where a villain just becomes clownish, and I think this dude is well past that. As if someone said "Hmm, that mass murderer we had last time was a bit too morally ambiguous, can we fix that?"
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Episode 15

spoiler[Life coming back to normal for Kirito.
At least he found a new passion in kendo.
Guess Asuna was not as lucky to wake up as well.
Wow! Looks like she's still stuck in the game.
So there is still hope for those two ^^]
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed episode 15. True, they pulled the Imouto stunt, but spoiler[the fact that they are cousins, not brother and sister, makes the Imouto stunt different from other series. I am still pulling for Kirito and Asuna to end up together, but it sucks for Suguha; I feel bad for her].

Looking forward to the rest of the series. I only wish they stayed in the real world for a couple of episodes before going back to the virtual world.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I felt bad for spoiler[Suguha too. She is just going to be the 3rd wheel in the remaining series. Hopefully she plays the in the fairy world, and that will probably happen since she is seen a lot in the opening and ending credits.]
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I know I've maybe talked about too much now, but the music for this show is amazing. That strings bit right in the beginning and then the piano number (I think while he was visiting Asuna) was just as good.

Seriously, come on January!

The episode was pretty OK. It did a good job at introducing Sugu, who is cute and endearing and setting the stage for this next arc. Something that did bug me was that they changed spoiler[how Kirito got the picture of Asuna. In the novel, I think he actually went to some shop IRL and the shopkeep (a SOA Survivor) hooked him.]

Finally, anybody catch this little bit of boobery?

Sugu's body in the end credits is kind of...off to me? It's like her head is small, but her body is that of a grown woman. I feel like the content of the show depicts her as a 15 year old, but the ending makes her a sultry 20-something. :/
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:53 pm Reply with quote
ZorgonXtreme wrote:
I know I've maybe talked about too much now, but the music for this show is amazing. That strings bit right in the beginning and then the piano number (I think while he was visiting Asuna) was just as good.

Seriously, come on January!

The episode was pretty OK. It did a good job at introducing Sugu, who is cute and endearing and setting the stage for this next arc. Something that did bug me was that they changed spoiler[how Kirito got the picture of Asuna. In the novel, I think he actually went to some shop IRL and the shopkeep (a SOA Survivor) hooked him.]

Finally, anybody catch this little bit of boobery?

[EDIT: Pic removed, as it was causing screen-stretching problems. - Key]

Sugu's body in the end credits is kind of...off to me? It's like her head is small, but her body is that of a grown woman. I feel like the content of the show depicts her as a 15 year old, but the ending makes her a sultry 20-something. :/

I did notice. Those pervert Japanese. 'Twisted Evil'
Greggy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Oh Sugou-kun, you my friend are a bastard among bastards! One of my favorite villains ever =o

I'm so excited for alfhiem online. Anyone else notice the world tree? Doesn't look like much of a tree being silver and all lol.
CTB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Just finish watching episode #15, it was very well done and very close to the LN, it looks going to be as popular as the first arc.

I am going to start another plot inconsistence here, but let me first clarify I love this show despite of its flaws. I don't remember in the LN if any explanation on this, as it was a long time ago I have read it. For anyone that have or have not notice why the reason(s) for not attempting to wake up the 300 or so people by removing the helm? As the threat to nuke the brain was the SAO game itself and now the game company must have fully disclosed its code to the authorities and the SAO game no longer active. Maybe the "command" to nuke was embedded into the helm independent of the game when upon removal, but that bit of info should of been disclosed by the company to the authorities, as it were the most important/dangerous part of the game and the authorities would have ordered the company or do it themselves to disable the embedded "kill" command. Especially the new company that have taken over the game belongs to one of the still "sleeping" player's family.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Little sisters are always the best~

I actually kinda like the state that Asuna is in during this arc. After spending so much time with her in the SAO arc she's a bit over exposed. It's nice to see focus on a different girl for once, though I'm still waiting for Silica and Lisbeth to come back...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 87 of 274