• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokypop July Releases

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
midori kou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Which Erementar Gerad series? The Red Saga or the Blue Saga? Surprised
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Ichigo Mashimaro! Be still my heart.

And I had no idea there was a Cosette manga. Embarassed Should be promising.
Karala

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to the BL titles Kuro no Kishi & Yorozuya Tokaido Honpo, the only thing is, I'm seriously wondering if Kuro no Kishi would be licensed by Tokypop, it's yaoi, not shounen-ai.

I've never heard of any of the others, even though there are scanlations for some of them. When I read Trash was licensed, I was all excited until I realised it wasn't the Trash manga by Sanami Matoh, but by two random other people that apparently also have another manga title that Tokyopop is publishing called The Telepathic Wanderers *sigh*

Does anyone know or have any opinions on the titles that are being licensed? I just don't know enough about them.

I feel Tokyopop should be trying to get some of its manga series finished instead of bringing a bunch more into play. Maybe then they can move back to a nice(r) three month per-release schedule like most of the other companies are on - this once every four months thing is horrible. I might expect it from a smaller company but for a large company to be behind its competitors seems a little off to my mind.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:55 pm Reply with quote
More BECK please!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
linlinchan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I've never heard of any of the others, even though there are scanlations for some of them. When I read Trash was licensed, I was all excited until I realised it wasn't the Trash manga by Sanami Matoh, but by two random other people that apparently also have another manga title that Tokyopop is publishing called The Telepathic Wanderers *sigh*

Where did you hear that? The *Trash* mentioned here is indeed the Sanami Matoh book.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:11 am Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:

I'm a bit suprised this got licensed, but I'm happy to see it will soon be released. I hope Geneon gets the anime out soon.

I've only seen the first episode of the anime, but it was so cute, I fell in love with this series. I am definitely getting this manga and the anime.
Karala

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:22 am Reply with quote
linlinchan wrote:
Quote:

Where did you hear that? The *Trash* mentioned here is indeed the Sanami Matoh book.

The Amazon information, which is all we have to go on in the first place.

They're saying it's by Yasutaka Tsutsui & Sayaka Yamazaki... and when I looked them up, I saw Tokyopop also had a manga called The Telepathic Wanderers by them.

If it is the manga by Sanami Matoh and that's just a mistake, like the Yorozuya Tokaido Honpo mangaka being listed as Yee-Jung No instead of Saenagi Ryo (same person who did Sequence)... that's great! Very Happy
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:09 am Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:

I think Cossette is probly just a adaptation of the OVA.

Looking foward to Ichigo Mashimaro thu love the anime.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
linlinchan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:53 am Reply with quote
Karala wrote:
linlinchan wrote:
Quote:

The Amazon information, which is all we have to go on in the first place.

They're saying it's by Yasutaka Tsutsui & Sayaka Yamazaki... and when I looked them up, I saw Tokyopop also had a manga called The Telepathic Wanderers by them.

If it is the manga by Sanami Matoh and that's just a mistake, like the Yorozuya Tokaido Honpo mangaka being listed as Yee-Jung No instead of Saenagi Ryo (same person who did Sequence)... that's great! Very Happy

It is a bizarre amazon mistake.
King Mob

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:25 am Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:
Patachu wrote:

Looking foward to Ichigo Mashimaro thu love the anime.

My group just released the first part of chapter 1 of cossette the first week of this month Anime cry
grunge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:12 pm Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:

From what I hear the manga makes more sense and is more cohesive, and covers a few different things than the anime did... we'll have to see when it comes out.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:43 pm Reply with quote
grunge wrote:
cyrax777 wrote:

From what I hear the manga makes more sense and is more cohesive, and covers a few different things than the anime did... we'll have to see when it comes out.
ah have to skim thru it when it comes out.

budget is pretty tapped out as it is.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
grunge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:55 pm Reply with quote
I believe its only 2 tanks. So it should be a small commitment. Definatley worth a look.
Karala

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:09 pm Reply with quote
grunge wrote:
cyrax777 wrote:

I looked it up online, it's two volumes and the art looks gothic, this was the summary:

Eiri, a talented art student works part-time in an antique shop in a quiet part of town. Lately he's been having visions of a beautiful, young girl. He doesn't know why he keeps seeing her but he feels compelled to draw her constantly. One day the visions take a turn for the worse when he finds his hands covered in blood, the blood of the girl named Cossette.
King Mob

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Ummm I submited the info for the manga for this site as well as most others so yeah the info is easy to find...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2