• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Madoka Magica Film Ranks #2 With US$2.18 Million

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:04 am Reply with quote
Holy s***...

That is all.
dreznovk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:09 am Reply with quote
43 screens again, still it's even better than the first one, at this rate the 3rd movie is gonna be a blast.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:07 pm Reply with quote
dreznovk wrote:
43 screens again, still it's even better than the first one, at this rate the 3rd movie is gonna be a blast.

WOW.

That's crazy to think that any film could drum up that much money on just 43 screens. And this was a compilation film, too, so I can only imagine what the numbers will be like on the all-new-material third film. Anime dazed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hellfish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote
The Lorax seems to be doing quite well over there O.o also that number one Tsunagu? what is it about? is good?

And for a limited release Madoka is doing quite well... wondering what would have happened if they got more cinemas...
Saffire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Hellfish wrote:
The Lorax seems to be doing quite well over there O.o also that number one Tsunagu? what is it about? is good?
Looks like this is it, though I have no idea if it's good or not.
zeopower6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Dang, it broke the per-screen record of the year again...

Surprised
dragon695

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, good news and here's hoping 3 will do even better.

However, Outrage Beyond, do my eyes decieve me? A new Takashi Kitano film, by any chance? Oh hells yeah!
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:07 am Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
Hellfish wrote:
Looks like this is it, though I have no idea if it's good or not.

Tsunagu is based on a popular novel and the advertisements are EVERYWHERE here. Same for "Mystical Laws," but that movie is a bit taboo for some people, not because it's an anime film, but because it's backed by the Koufuku no Kagaku... in which one of the members gave me discount tickets to go see when I came out of the viewing room for the second Madoka movie. The discussion about religion I had with them... Really weird.

But yeah. I can't believe, after I lost my tickets, I was able to buy another set of tickets and reserve seats for myself (the traveling costs... ugh...). But it was well worth it in the end. I thought I'd be waiting in line with a bunch of other crazy Japanese otaku (and yes, they were there for sure), but I ended up getting approached by this old couple who were just as excited to see the films as I was, in the midst of a variety of people who outnumbered the obvious otaku in the major Kyoto theater I went to by a mile. This really was a phenomenon of a series...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1