• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kuroko's Basketball Dōjinshi Event Also Gets Threat Note, Powder

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melicans

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I hope they catch the nutcase behind this. It's surreal that somebody hates the series so much they will resort to this.
AilisKnil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Otaku are creepy.
TenTen143

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:22 pm Reply with quote
My question is, why only NOW the creeper started to send all these threat notes? I mean the manga has been going on for a long time already. Unless they only watched the anime which aired this year... and assumed it was a parody of some other anime... ? Anti's are such idiots sometimes :/ it's ruining all the fans and the people who work for kuroko no basuke who are innocent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Lol what? "If you guys have this event I'm gonna sell drugs there!" is a pretty weird threat, hadn't heard about all of the other ones though so that is worriesome.
bradc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:44 pm Reply with quote
AilisKnil wrote:
Otaku are creepy.

Don't lump everyone together. It appears to be an individual who hates the series after threatening the mangaka, and now going as far in threatening the fans. That's a bit too much...
Yume.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote
This is ridiculous. =.= What's the point even.
opn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
TenTen143 wrote:
My question is, why only NOW the creeper started to send all these threat notes? I mean the manga has been going on for a long time already. Unless they only watched the anime which aired this year... and assumed it was a parody of some other anime... ? Anti's are such idiots sometimes :/ it's ruining all the fans and the people who work for kuroko no basuke who are innocent.

he's probably just mad that the series is so popular.
sakurablossom143

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:57 pm Reply with quote
This has gotten so crazy that they had to even threat a doujinshi event?? Honestly, who ever you are, please stop this nonsense!! Anime hyper A lot of people love Kuroko no Basuke because of it's comedy, and some other.... *cough*aspects*cough*... but nevertheless... this person must be stopped before he becomes a threat to more things. Already the character singles have been postponed, and I'm not really sure if it's related to these threats are not. Anyone know if the manga is being halted atm either?
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Human stupidity, a constant source of both entertainment and at times depression caused by how pathetic it can all be.

But yeah, hope this guy gets caught.

Last edited by Soundmonkey44 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
prabb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Do you think it might be someone who holds a personal grudge against the creator like an acquaintance?
Myaow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I feel sooo bad for the mangaka-- not only does he have to put up with these awful personal threats, but his school too? That must be so humiliating, not to mention scary. Whoever is behind this must be a real butt. I hope they get caught AND stub their toes on the way to their bed tonight!!
bradc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:02 pm Reply with quote
prabb wrote:
Do you think it might be someone who holds a personal grudge against the creator like an acquaintance?

That would be too close for comfort. I really doubt it.

They said it might be a Slam Dunk fan... Then again as Kuroko's Basketball fan myself, the series pay homages to Slam Dunk, since the second main protagonist Kagami was doing all the dunking by himself anyway. There's nothing in the series to parody about over basketball and character in-jokes with the humor here and there if anyone gets it.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:42 am Reply with quote
This is just freaking sick. Who is this psycho who keeps doing this? I hope they catch him. Mad
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The letter was received on October 13. It stated, "Tadatoshi Fujimaki is despicable. If the Kuroko's Basketball event is not cancelled, I will disperse drugs [there]."

Well, that's a ... strange threat. Hope they catch whoever is doing this.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Maybe a jealous otaku who doesn't like where the stories are taking his waifu, like how Selena Gomez got death threats for dating Justin Bieber. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1